Lieutenant
# 11
11-23-2012, 06:33 AM
Aye foundry missions need to be awarded rewards comparable to other missions in game.

An incremental reward system is a good idea as there would be far more choice of missions to play while still giving the player rewards for the time invested.

People would not be torn between the relentless grind of a hand full of missions to advance.
However nice these funnelled missions are they will inevitably become worn and boring when repeated over and over.

If players could still advance fleet/embassy or rep missions at a reasonable rate while exploring strange new worlds and seeking out new life and new civilizations in the foundry authors creations.

That would be awesome and much more trek dare I say.

Because to be brutally honest I feel like I am in an STO ground hog day most of the time I log in.
Career Officer
# 12
11-23-2012, 10:50 AM
It does seem people want the fleets marks more, we can all get dill a lot of other ways. The amount needed for base projects need to be drastically reduced or rewards from fleets action increased greatly if they don't give a relatively quick way of getting marks.

I realy can't see why the fleet officer daily is only 5 marks, increase this to 50 and a lot of the concern about the foundry dailies would go away.

Also how does a 15 minute timer work, if you have a big load of text to read would that count towards the timer, or is it just pure action. If its just pure action this would limit alots of the story side of the mission.

For the majority of users they should have stuck to, 'if it isn't broke don't try to fix it'.
Career Officer
# 13
11-23-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by litchy74 View Post
It does seem people want the fleets marks more, we can all get dill a lot of other ways. The amount needed for base projects need to be drastically reduced or rewards from fleets action increased greatly if they don't give a relatively quick way of getting marks.

I realy can't see why the fleet officer daily is only 5 marks, increase this to 50 and a lot of the concern about the foundry dailies would go away.

This a million times over. There are other ways to get Dilithium, I care about the fact that with being the only active fleet member (due to a lot of them getting bored of the game) I used the quickie missions to get the Fleetmarks I need for starbase upgrades. I never even bother with the officer of the watch mission because he only grants a crappy 5 marks. He's beyond pointless.