Possibly..........
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Career Officer
# 22
11-22-2012, 09:54 PM
I have never done a STF. I have only done one Fleet Action (SB24).

I'm in a large fleet (RedditAlert) so I'd have no trouble getting on a team for either, but my life doesn't really permit me to do teamed missions (I get called away from the computer randomly, which wouldn't be fair to the other team members).

And, frankly, I'm a bit offended that Cryptic thinks it can force me to do those types of missions, so I am making a statement (which no one at Cryptic will listen to) by not doing them.
Captain
# 23
11-22-2012, 10:45 PM
I do not play any game to be at the max level. I play to have fun. That is all i need to do. Sometimes having fun involves trolling ker'rat with my friends. Other times it's diving into a foundry mission and solving another persons mystery. And other times it's going to Quark's and having a hardy drink with some Klingon's I knew from before the war. If I feel like doing it, I do it. If I don't, I don't.

I'm very intrinsically motivated like that.
Captain
# 24
11-23-2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
I wish I could just easily hit the dil cap so that I can go back to playing good Foundries and writing captain's logs...
Thank you! I overlooked the Foundry missions in my previous post. Some of the very best, most challenging content in the game is found there. No, I do not consider the Console Clickers "content" and good riddance to the lot of them. I have played a lot of Foundry Missions and some of them I have replayed. Not because I was trying to get a Mk XIII Purple Mega Oblivion Quintuple Uber Cannon, either. Because the stories are that good and the missions are that well crafted. The very best of the Foundry Missions equal or exceed anything Cryptic has ever put out. I have often wondered why Cryptic has not yet simply 'adopted' some of the Foundry KDF missions to flesh out the lack of content all us Klinks suffer through. Heck, doing a copy/paste of some of the Fed Foundry Missions would be quite acceptable IMV. And since the copy/paste precedent has already been established by the official story line, it should be even easier to find challenging rewarding missions to present en masse to the KDF.

Note to New STO Players: Go and try out the Foundry Missions. Not just the Spotlight ones or the Hot ones, either. There are some really outstanding story tellers inside this here STO Player Community who've graciously given up free time (Worth far, far more than any amount of Dilithium or Zen) and then shared their view of Star Trek with the rest of us. G'Wan! Git yerself in thar! Raht naow! You won't be sorry one bit.
I swear on my honour as a proud member of the KDF.
The only 'must have' gear for any ship is a competent Captain.
Turkina Keshik of the Jade Falcons
HAIL (Disco) BA'AL!

Last edited by thunderfoot006; 11-23-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 25
11-23-2012, 11:11 AM
I've had bad experiences with any end game. I always end up in a teams with foul mouthed children who treat you like, if you weren't born with the perfect knowledge of everything about that run, you were less than useless. And since getting anyone to teach me how to do these runs properly is like pulling teeth from a live shark, I figure I'm better off never doing end game content at all.

In STO, the end game rewards are useless anyway. More powerful gear so you can do the exact same runs, on a harder difficulty, with even more uptight people who accept even fewer mistakes(if that's even possible).

No, once I reach Vice Admiral, I make a new character and start over. And every so often I might log back into that character again to do a Dilithium run or two to add to my measly pot of Dilithium that I'm hording for when Romulan content is added to the store.
Career Officer
# 26
11-23-2012, 12:31 PM
I have spent $700 on this game between a lifetime sub for 200 and the the other 500 on lock boxes. I have received NOT ONE rare lockbox ship. Yet when I log on to the game I find it so ridiculously over priced to use or aquire dilithium that I'll HAVE to buy more zen just to convert to dilithium if I need dilithium. I haven't donated to my fleet in over a week, and I hardly play the game now for more than ten minutes a day. I guess I'll log on atleast once or twice a week since I wasted money on a lifetime subscription. You know Cryptic... I paid a lifetime sub for the game as is. Atleast I could buy some zen.. an outfit, or some lock box keys. NOT HAVE TO BUY ZEN TO KEEP DILITHIUM STORES UP! You should have made ONE SMALL CHANGE, then surveyed it to see if it worked. Not screw up everything in some way and tell us to deal with it. Not when some of us have payed you for a "lifetime" and spent hundreds of dollors in six months. You know... you don't have to appease us. And sure.. you don't have to have our permission when you do things.. But I'd sure as heck make sure you aren't going to absolutely ENRAGE your players and cause them not to want to play by changing things YOU ALREADY HAD IN PLACE YOURSELVES!!

Anyway, I may be so bored and/or sick of the grind that I do not play at all in a few weeks. I just wanted to let everyone here know once and for all. BUYING ZEN IS A WASTE. I tested the odds on boxes. 500 lockboxes = NO SHIP. You'd think they'd give you a guarantee after that many boxes you'd get to pick one ship. Cryptic will not get another cent from me. And I hope you are doing the math Cryptic 700 dollars in six months... good lawd I've paid you for about 3 years worth already. I'll be sure to tell everyone I see exactly how you run this game and do my best to keep them from coming.

DOFFs - overpriced now
DOFF recruitment assignment = overpriced now
TWO reputation factions = tedious, time consuming, click click clicking
... and you must gather marks for BOTH factions
STF's = screwed up on loot now.
Starbase - now receive less from players because of the Embassy and TWO rep factions.

the list goes on...
I'm out. Atleast if I watch Star Trek TOS - Kirk won't keep asking me for handouts for shoddy work!
Captain
# 27
11-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
PvP is end game content for me.. I just wish it was better
I just rediscovered capture and hold arena's, much more fun than the kerrat spawnpoint campfest.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf