Commander
# 101
11-20-2012, 11:47 AM
Not to mention the signal it would send to the devs....

"We asked for new content, and when you delivered it to us, we voted to have it removed."

End result would be that all further work on content and expanding the game would be ended, and STO would become a 'legacy' game. After all, hard to get new projects approved by Management when the major project of the year is thrown away by the players as unwanted.
Starfleet Veteran
# 102
11-20-2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Is S7 worth it to you? Are you happy with it? Do you even want to play the game? Can you play the game?

If Cryptic really held a vote, would you say yes or no to temporarily going back to S6 until the devs listen to the community and fix up S7? (I don't know if that's even possible, but if it was would you want them to)

I would say yes to putting it back to S6 for the moment because of 1) Something in S7 is causing my game to not work at all, 2) From the patch notes and what players describe (good, bad, or just informative), S7 is not all that the devs promised. In fact, it's almost a nightmare.

What would you say?
For those who say "yes" see below for petition:

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...rops-for-stf-s

STO S7=FARMVILLE
Starfleet Veteran
# 103
11-21-2012, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader2007 View Post

STO S7=FARMVILLE
Seriously? A change.org petition because the reputation system on STO isn't to one's liking?

On change.org?

Really?

Can you get some perspective, please? We're talking about a video game, not a social or geopolitical issue.

... change.org...

/facepalm

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Rihannsu
# 104
11-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidiusrex View Post
Seriously? A change.org petition because the reputation system on STO isn't to one's liking?

On change.org?

Really?

Can you get some perspective, please? We're talking about a video game, not a social or geopolitical issue.

... change.org...

/facepalm
Yeah really.... it's not that big a deal...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 105
11-21-2012, 10:10 AM
In a way they decided to revert some of the stuff prior to season 6. Not a complete victory but read this from Dan's own mouth:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=457021

For all what's said and done CHANGE does happen through PERSISTENCE
Captain
# 106
11-21-2012, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader2007 View Post

STO S7=FARMVILLE
How utterly pathetic.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai
Career Officer
# 107
11-23-2012, 12:16 PM
I have spent $700 on this game between a lifetime sub for 200 and the the other 500 on lock boxes. I have received NOT ONE rare lockbox ship. Yet when I log on to the game I find it so ridiculously over priced to use or aquire dilithium that I'll HAVE to buy more zen just to convert to dilithium if I need dilithium. I haven't donated to my fleet in over a week, and I hardly play the game now for more than ten minutes a day. I guess I'll log on atleast once or twice a week since I wasted money on a lifetime subscription. You know Cryptic... I paid a lifetime sub for the game as is. Atleast I could buy some zen.. an outfit, or some lock box keys. NOT HAVE TO BUY ZEN TO KEEP DILITHIUM STORES UP! You should have made ONE SMALL CHANGE, then surveyed it to see if it worked. Not screw up everything in some way and tell us to deal with it. Not when some of us have payed you for a "lifetime" and spent hundreds of dollors in six months. You know... you don't have to appease us. And sure.. you don't have to have our permission when you do things.. But I'd sure as heck make sure you aren't going to absolutely ENRAGE your players and cause them not to want to play by changing things YOU ALREADY HAD IN PLACE YOURSELVES!!

Anyway, I may be so bored and/or sick of the grind that I do not play at all in a few weeks. I just wanted to let everyone here know once and for all. BUYING ZEN IS A WASTE. I tested the odds on boxes. 500 lockboxes = NO SHIP. You'd think they'd give you a guarantee after that many boxes you'd get to pick one ship. Cryptic will not get another cent from me. And I hope you are doing the math Cryptic 700 dollars in six months... good lawd I've paid you for about 3 years worth already. I'll be sure to tell everyone I see exactly how you run this game and do my best to keep them from coming.

DOFFs - overpriced now
DOFF recruitment assignment = overpriced now
TWO reputation factions = tedious, time consuming, click click clicking
... and you must gather marks for BOTH factions
STF's = screwed up on loot now.
Starbase - now receive less from players because of the Embassy and TWO rep factions.

the list goes on...
I'm out. Atleast if I watch Star Trek TOS - Kirk won't keep asking me for handouts for shoddy work!
Lt. Commander
# 108
11-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomeight View Post
Another OMG season 7 thread... starting to get annoying. Y'all are starting to sound like my wife. She likes to complain... (too annoying tp continue)
Why is it that the complaint complainers always come off like they think the entire world will come around to their way of thinking if they're just abused enough?

Anywho, a complete rollback? No. What I'd like to see is a much stronger commitment to the people who keep the game going: the players. The deep dilithium sinks seem to be designed to greatly slow down progress, and cause conflict. Which do I choose to focus my resources on, myself, fleet base the embassy? Dan bragged just before S7 that STO is doing just fine. If this is true, why not re-commit to the player base by easing up on this terrible grind?
Survivor of Romulus
# 109
11-23-2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orondis View Post
How utterly pathetic.
119 people disagree with you
Survivor of Romulus
# 110
11-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezking View Post
119 people disagree with you
How many, dare I ask, disagree with you?

I'm no fan of most of the changes, but seriously is it really that bad?

First world problems indeed.
Player of the once promising game known as Star Trek Online. Derider of the derisory, sultan of stun, captain of things obvious and people oblivious.
The only one who dislikes the oddy outfit. Would love a t5 TMP Constitution class or a Fleet K'tinga revamp!
In memoriam, exploration clusters, a victim of the great content massacre. 2010-2014.