Commander
# 11
11-19-2012, 12:59 PM
On my VoQuv I use all disruptor beam arrays. You are not really doing yourself any favors using turrets on the back because your subsystem targeting only works with beams. Turrets do small damage and they are not buffed by Beam Overload or Fire At Will.

I would suggest 2 beam arrays rear with a mine launcher and throwing in a good mine Boff power of choice. A line of tricobalt mines can work well controlling the field. Your Brels are good damage, just use flight officer Doff to reduce the cool down so you can keep launching fresh birds every 12 seconds or so. If you go all beam arrays FAW is a better choice over BO. I have used DBB in the past with a Boff layout with HYT and it did pretty well, but beam arrays are easier to keep shooting.
Just say no to ARC
Captain
# 12 Thanks
11-20-2012, 03:10 AM
Thanks for all your help and input ive taken a little bit from each really although not being specced into power draining i use that one the least.

Bought myself the plasmonic leach and it works quite well with two flow capacitors and backed up by energy siphon II, ive tried using the power siphons probes along with subsystem targetting and still cant suck the power out of a cube so havnt tried that in pvp as like i say not being specced into that setup probablys isnt going to help me.

I go for torps and DBB arrays for PvP as even with the maneuverability of a flying shed you can tell where the borg are going to line up and they dont really move much.

I switch out to 6 beams arrays for pvp.

Again thanks for your help.
Captain
# 13
11-23-2012, 05:13 PM
How do you make this ship turn easier as it turns like big boat?It is my KDF sci main ship.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-24-2012, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
How do you make this ship turn easier as it turns like big boat?It is my KDF sci main ship.
Use reverse or reverse+evasive/deuterium surplus.
Captain
# 15 turning
11-24-2012, 03:45 PM
I personally have designed my build so that i don't have to turn most of the time is just sit there laying down fire while my Bops terrorize the enemy

Pve npc's hardly move and pvp i use 6 beam arrays which don't need any pointing

Evasive and reverse works well if you have to move sharpish but you don't fly a vo'quv needing to turn allot in my opinion hehe
Lieutenant
# 16
11-25-2012, 09:41 AM
Personally I take a slightly different bent on my carrier. On the front I use single cannons, and turrets on the back, buffed with cannon spread 1 and 2, and of course tac team 1 filling in the ensign slot for shield balancing.

It has its drawbacks of course... namely being weaker on the rear quarter. but I don't miss the lack of subsystem targeting as the tier 1 version does too little to notice anyways. I still use the leech of course, though more for the personal power boost than anything.

I'm not actually at my home comp otherwise I would list the rest of my powers but I can't remember them off hand. I'll edit them in later. But they are focused on tanking primarily.

My basic stratecy is to use the slightly heavier damage of my cannons to clear out the field of fighters, mines, and light craft while sending out advanced to-duj fighters to harass and weaken enemies (or of course destroy them outright. Boosting the bays with flight deck officers of course.
---------------
We are many. We are legion. We are the proud, the bad, the infinitely expendable.
We! Are RED SHIRTS!
...Tremble in thy footwear.
528th fleet
Captain
# 17 sounds good
11-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Sounds good i tried the single cannon road but it just made me think if im gunna use cannons i might aswell get a raider or battle cruiser but im strange like that haha (i get bored easy)

please do edit your stuff in as im always interested to see if i can tank further by switching powers around

I primarily tank but i can deal it too i seem to tank to a point use my miracle worker, tank some more and then die so i would like to see if i can get it where i can tank constantly that would be great

even with beams me and my brothls can take down an elite cube in around 25-30 seconds and the gate on kase in around 1 minute 30 secs on my own( this isn't bragging might not even be that good just rough times obviously this vary s with different factors i.e. outside help, Bop torp crit hits, tactical fleet from others)

EDIT** I have heard allot of people saying the lower level beam target subsystems don't do allot but there worth clicking especially on probes(Engines drop straight away every time) and spheres 50% of the time you can drop a facing shield instantly not so much on the bigger stuff, target weapons works on kase gates though

Last edited by mustafatennick; 11-25-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Captain
# 18
11-26-2012, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by espiritas View Post
Personally I take a slightly different bent on my carrier. On the front I use single cannons, and turrets on the back, buffed with cannon spread 1 and 2, and of course tac team 1 filling in the ensign slot for shield balancing.

It has its drawbacks of course... namely being weaker on the rear quarter. but I don't miss the lack of subsystem targeting as the tier 1 version does too little to notice anyways. I still use the leech of course, though more for the personal power boost than anything.

I'm not actually at my home comp otherwise I would list the rest of my powers but I can't remember them off hand. I'll edit them in later. But they are focused on tanking primarily.

My basic stratecy is to use the slightly heavier damage of my cannons to clear out the field of fighters, mines, and light craft while sending out advanced to-duj fighters to harass and weaken enemies (or of course destroy them outright. Boosting the bays with flight deck officers of course.
What kind of cannons and do you do sub system targeting?
Star Trek Gamers
Career Officer
# 19
11-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Cannons. Big boomy ones.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAA...g?feature=mhee

RAWR!
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Captain
# 20
11-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Not bad.What is the 1 skill on the 3rd row?

My Orion is Sci Of. with this ship.
Star Trek Gamers