Ensign
# 11
11-22-2012, 03:10 PM
Same thing happened to me on 3 different Foundry maps. Probably wont be fixed until they re-open editing.
Captain
# 12
11-22-2012, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckembleo View Post
Same thing happened to me on 3 different Foundry maps. Probably wont be fixed until they re-open editing.
I'm not sure if we'll be able to fix on our end, if somehow the npc is set to auto disappear once it's out of range. Every single mission that has a npc that you must return to after a fetch quest is now broken. Every mission with a large site to casually explore... the same.

The only missions not affected are the most linear of all types of Foundry missions. If you have to visit a spot on the map more than once, then it's borked.

I can't imagine a spotlighted mission that isn't plagued by this show-stopper of a bug.
Ensign
# 13 Enemy Groups Despawning
11-23-2012, 04:09 PM
I find it almost impossible to complete Foundry missions at present (since S7 relaunch of foundry) due to consistent despawning of enemy group NPCs.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Captain
# 14
11-23-2012, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picapica74 View Post
I find it almost impossible to complete Foundry missions at present (since S7 relaunch of foundry) due to consistent despawning of enemy group NPCs.

Is anyone else having this problem?
You mean the enemies are disappearing? We've been having lots of issues season 7 with regular npcs disappearing when they get out of sight. I haven't heard that this happens with enemies.
Ensign
# 15
11-23-2012, 06:52 PM
In the Foundry missions:

"Deadly Intentions Part 2/3" at the "Discover the Fate of the Task Force" stage, the final group of 3 Borg enemies always seem to lose a group, rendering the mission impossible.

"The Computer's Daughter" at the "En Passant" stage, the final group of Klingons is missing.

"Deep Space 11" at the "Breaking the Siege" stage, the 4th group of enemies always seems to go missing.

Those are just a few of the ones that I've been having a problem with. I haven't encountered the missing NPCs thing yet (thankfully), but it seems like a related issue.
Captain
# 16
11-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
In the Foundry missions:

"Deadly Intentions Part 2/3" at the "Discover the Fate of the Task Force" stage, the final group of 3 Borg enemies always seem to lose a group, rendering the mission impossible.

"The Computer's Daughter" at the "En Passant" stage, the final group of Klingons is missing.

"Deep Space 11" at the "Breaking the Siege" stage, the 4th group of enemies always seems to go missing.

Those are just a few of the ones that I've been having a problem with. I haven't encountered the missing NPCs thing yet (thankfully), but it seems like a related issue.
The issue with the npcs works like this: If you get too far away from a npc contact or even random npcs, they despawn forever.

I have issues in my missions where it seems like some npcs never spawn at all, even if my spawn point is close to them.

Could it be an issue where you maybe get close to the enemy mob on the other side of a wall, and then the hallway takes you too far away from them so they disappear?

Seems like the same problem, but we didn't know that it was also affecting enemy mobs.
Ensign
# 17
11-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Ok, I've replayed "Deadly Intentions, Part 2/3" and followed your advice to never let the Borg enemy group that would despawn get out of sensor range.

This worked and all groups remained in the mission to be defeated, allowing a successful completion.

I believe you are right, enemy groups (and most likely NPCs as well) are spawning in, despawning when they go "out of range" and not respawning when their spawn locations come back "into range."

Thank you for your help. Hopefully a more permanent solution to this problem will be implemented by our STO devs, but until then, your solution works for me.
Captain
# 18
11-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Ok, I've replayed "Deadly Intentions, Part 2/3" and followed your advice to never let the Borg enemy group that would despawn get out of sensor range.

This worked and all groups remained in the mission to be defeated, allowing a successful completion.

I believe you are right, enemy groups (and most likely NPCs as well) are spawning in, despawning when they go "out of range" and not respawning when their spawn locations come back "into range."

Thank you for your help. Hopefully a more permanent solution to this problem will be implemented by our STO devs, but until then, your solution works for me.
Well, I'm glad it worked in this case, but it's not a solution for a ton of missions out there. Some of my own just cannot be completed because the player has to return to a npc after exploring a map.

It's a terrible bug for a lot of us. I would be surprised if you are able to complete 80% of the missions, even when knowing what you know about the bug.

Thanks for playing our missions and not blaming us for stuff that we can't control or fix.
Ensign
# 19
11-23-2012, 09:39 PM
Yeah, I pointed out in one of the other threads here that the enemy mobs in my missions are disappearing when you move too far away from them, just like the friendly NPCs. This is particularly problematic in space battles, when players will frequently "fly away" from the battle in order to recharge their shields, etc. Get a little distance away, and the enemy ships vanish, never to return!
Captain
# 20
11-23-2012, 09:59 PM
I'm okay with this bug since it makes those "Kill Five" patrol/ cluster missions less tedious.