Lieutenant
# 41
11-23-2012, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Q: (midniteshadow7) With many of the stack sizes recently being updated to 100, why is that hypos and the like are still at 20? Can these please be increased as well?

Dstahl: With most of the Reputation projects requiring items such as hypos, there is definitely a desire to have larger stack sizes. Traditionally we have limited these to 20 because they can be equipped as devices on your bridge officers, essentially providing lots of extra storage if we allow the stack sizes to be too high. We?ll look into it though because it may be ok to change this now.

I got a better idea. Bump up hypos, shield regens (ground), energy cells, injury regenerators and components to 250 for a stack size, while still keeping them equip-able on our bridge officers.

While on that, how about bumping up the stack sizes of data samples/traces and the lock boxes to like 1,000, as we can easily get a huge amount of them while running various missions.
Captain
# 42
11-23-2012, 08:52 PM
hmmm cherry picked questions again , here's a question for dan which has been asked time and time again and ignored

: when are you going to get somebody who can texture the ships correctly when the maco shields are fitted ?

Last edited by usscapital; 11-23-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Career Officer
# 43
11-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adorkabledori View Post
When will the special consoles that are coming with Zen Store ships :

a. available separated : meaning some fleet versions of the ships are delivered without them and it is way tooexpensive and useless to buy once more the Zen Store version of that ship to obtain that device.

b. place-able into the device slots as they consume console slots which are making your ship weaker, less powerful or loose science abilities. Putting those in the device slots would be more desirable and after all, using those for only batteries and healing is useless.
About part B, I've previously suggested adding new special console slots to all ships to help out with the special console design spam (the number would probably be tier based). Cryptic however, has been highly resistant to changing anything about the current ship design structure unfortunately.
Lieutenant
# 44
11-23-2012, 09:13 PM
After reading the interview it basically sounds like this "Pony up your hard earned cash and we may or may not do somethings and we might do some KDF stuff(insert snicker)"

Basically this QA is just the same as the last QA and the one before that ad infinitum my advice is this... Star Citizen, so play STO till it releases but tbh dont spend another GBP/Dollar/Yen etc etc.
Its all fine and well having nice shinny ships but the sheer lack of content On the KDF side and FEd side is a total joke. Also here we are nearly 3 years down the line and the level cap is still the same, and basically unless you spend your hard end currency you cant get a decent ship unless you save a lot of EC or Dillithum.
So getting to 50 for some people is basically a complete waste of time. On that note this game just seems to go from bad to worse to holy jesus on a stick.
Ultimately no matter how much we yell/scream demand/logically argue our point dan and his team are not interested in you/me/us unless you are spending money on there game remember were just the customers its like walking into a super store you get what you get and tough luck if its a POS.
Ive been thru all the seasons at each of there launches thru the various companies that have owned STO but i have to say with all the bugs/twitches and plain down right screwed upness Season 7 has to be the biggest SNAFU known to mankind.
Now im sure the fan boys will start screaming for my blood etc etc etc but i really dont care ive been gaming for 33 years alpha and beta testing for over 15, yes i love Trek i grew up with it having it as a game was brilliant(past tense) now its almost a chore to log on.
Just remember stahl aint Like Helmar over at CCP who at least had the graciousness to admit he cocked up and proceeded to fix it. Why i hear you asking very easy because he and his team listened to his community that's us by the way the people who pay there wages by a funny coincidence. so the question is would you pay a plumber for a job he had botched i know i sure as hell wouldn't.
Yes new romulus is nice i cant deny that but the game is currently borked on so many levels its not even funny any more and its just turning into a major grind fest for many of the older hands.
To be honest if i wanted a grind fest i would go play World of Tanks. The worst part STO almost feels like WOT with space ships which lets face it is really sad.
So whether you agree or disagree that's up to each person but when you step back and take a long hard god damn look i think you will get yourself a big ass shock.
Yes if you want to flame me and demand i be burned at the stake feel free but i think even the most diehard fan boy knows deep down that STO is not in a good place at this specific moment in time. To quote Spock "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one or the few".
Problem is were the many and aint no one listening which is a shame really... Endex

Last edited by roguetrooperz; 11-23-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Captain
# 45
11-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Why isn't the Tau Dewa Sector not following canon. The Archer System is 31 Light years from Earth, not 50. And the new Romulan Homeworld is in Klingon space? They feeling generous?
Considering there's no canon regarding the location of the Archer system (which isn't even the same Archer system seen in Enterprise), I don't see what the issue is. And New Romulus is on the border of, not inside, Klingon space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackswaggert View Post
It makes me sad to think we could have had the Gorn homeworld, and instead we got what we got.
It sounded like the Gorn homeworld might still be coming, just later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikwessels View Post
so mr. Stahl : please merge the two factions now so kdf -players won't feel forgotten.
Never! We will die with honor before we surrender to the Federation!
Commander
# 46
11-23-2012, 09:55 PM
Dan told me the Ambassador Class was coming when i P'md him about it, made me feel Special

Captain
# 47
11-23-2012, 10:48 PM
SPOILER!!!
The Anniversary FE will be a mission inside a holodeck mission. In the same way that Commander Riker goes back to the Enterprise (tv show) era while on board the Enterprise D, this FE will have us trying to get inside the mind of Sela or something, and we use the Holodeck to recreate the moment the Enterprise C comes back to her own time, with Tasha at tactical, and we relive her abduction. We get a holo emitter for our ship to turn it into the Enterprise C (so you can lust after the Ambassador class then go right out and buy one ) and try to fight of Romulans. Some voice over work by Denise Crosby, filling in what happened when she went back with the C, that never aired on tv. Mission ends with your toon calling for "arch". Sorry Dan, you've been HACKED

But, they wont be able to do this cool concept justice without proper acting. So Daniel, where exactly are you on getting "acting" into STO and into the Foundry authors hands? And dont feed us some BS answer either. Getting acting into STO will go a LOOOOOOONG way towards winning back old players and gaining new ones if Cryptic can make better missions that dont involve combat, and the foundry authors, already trying to do this, have better tools at their arsenal.

In the end Dan, you and Kestral are going to be remembered for the stories you told or didnt tell in STO. Frankly, Gene Roddenberry would have fired you both long ago, because we all know what the first thing he would have asked you is. "But what is it about?" Well, your players have no clue what STO is about. Its the driest most wooden story telling in the history of gaming IMO. Sure, you have "acting" limitations, but you still arent even trying. Evidenced by foundry authors taking your hired author to school when it comes to telling stories with actual heart and soul in them. Why cant you two tell STAR TREK stories? Why are you afraid to tell stories with Star Trek soul in them, and engage controversial topics with a Star Trek slant to them? Why did Cryptic even want the IP and yet ignore the very story telling soul Star Trek was founded on? Yours and Kestral's refusal to tell a quality Star Trek story to us is an attack on the very soul of Star Trek itself.
STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Zorro
Starfleet Veteran
# 48
11-23-2012, 11:40 PM
I just had an idea that I think deserves consideration.

Klingon and Romulan Content. A kickstarter-like realization. Fleet projects mechanics...

How about giving people a "faction project list" similar to the fleets, but available over the whole player base. In it, you donate Zen to projects like "Klingon C-Store-Ship: XYZ class" or "Playable Romulan faction" or "New Mission for Klingon characters", "New Mission for Gorn Characters", "New Mission for Romulan Characters". Entirely optional, and the total amount of zen is set by Cryptic such that when they get that many Zen, the activity of he company on the matter is likely roughly paid for.

Kickstarter-like, you'd of course get something in return, such as "Ship Aquiring credits" which count as your purchasing Zen when you play that specific ship you helped finance, or something like it.

No need to argue with any superiors about whether this or that will "Earn its money" - you do it when it is paid for, and if it takes a year to raise all those zen, or two, or ten, well, so be it. That would be transparent, and it would show clearly what the community really wants.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Survivor of Romulus
# 49
11-24-2012, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikwessels View Post
By looks of it an expansion of KDF is now no longer going to happen . In previous Q&A's the general indication was that "season 8 will be all about kdf " .This is now no longer the case just something Stahl "wants " and is "fighting for ". That translates to not going to happen

Instead they are focusing on getting the Romulan faction into the game and expanding Fed . My suggestion would be to merge factions now . Make a feature episode - one would suffice- whereby Klingon/Fed new accord is end result and KDF joins fed faction .

The fact a new fed ship is announced pretty much every week ( other example : the steam bundle was fed -only ) while KDF gets zilch in terms of ships,uniforms or anything else is showing that there are simply no plans to complete the faction. Saying you want something but having to let go of the plans for it shows Stahl has less say in these matters than previously thought .

so mr. Stahl : please merge the two factions now so kdf -players won't feel forgotten .
Are you kidding me?? I play KDF because I like playing KDF and I don't like to play Fed., especially in the current momentum that the Fed. is in! I think it's a joke.
So you're saying because someone over somwhere wants a Romulan faction added that my KDF faction deserves to be discontinued? And while we're at it, how do you intend the KDF players not to feel forgotten while flying a Federation ship under the Federation flag?

Merging KDF and Fed...if this ever happens I will feel depressed

P.S. On another note, wouldn't they slap themselves in the face with sth. like that since they already brought back KDF ships from the 29 century, so it clearly states that the KDF & Fed. are not alligned?
Lt. Commander
# 50
11-24-2012, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Are you kidding me?? I play KDF because I like playing KDF and I don't like to play Fed., especially in the current momentum that the Fed. is in! I think it's a joke.
So you're saying because someone over somwhere wants a Romulan faction added that my KDF faction deserves to be discontinued? And while we're at it, how do you intend the KDF players not to feel forgotten while flying a Federation ship under the Federation flag?

Merging KDF and Fed...if this ever happens I will feel depressed

P.S. On another note, wouldn't they slap themselves in the face with sth. like that since they already brought back KDF ships from the 29 century, so it clearly states that the KDF & Fed. are not alligned?
Merge KDF and Fed by just making KDF treated the same as the Fed, e.g. being able to make teams, visit each other's space. The current segregation between the factions is pointless and detrimental to gameplay. By lvl 50 the KDF and Fed's are the same faction anyway, we play the same missions, the same STF's, the same adventure zones.
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound