Captain
# 11
11-23-2012, 01:18 PM
The PvP community serves, simply put, as THE instruction manual that this game lacks from Cryptic. Much of the "Openness" here is common sense advice that players just don't receive starting out-I have often directed people who do NOT PvP here for the technical knowledge and gameplay advice on the PvP forums, with the result of making better players in content like STF's.
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
11-23-2012, 01:19 PM
Hell Im still learning how to effectively PVP I can hold my own most days but its not my job to kill you its to hold you in place while "others" kill you....

and with that my Fleetmates have helped me realize that I was hurting myself using the Fleet Nebula... I love the ship I love the way it looks....but its not effective for the role I wanted to play.... so I got talked into giving the Fleet Deep Space Science Ship a try..... from that moment on I was hooked..... now Im trying to figure out what I can do with the FDSSV build and apply it to the Science Vesta (unfortunately as of this posting the FDSSV outperforms the vesta on all categories but the flight deck) I think or at least the vesta Feels like it turns better but its not faste enough for a sci captain to use the cannons unless you wanna sacrifice an ENG slot for a RCS console

you have a Multi-Mission Surveillance Explorer (Science Vesta) build for PVP that works feel free to send me a mail with the build..... its always good to have multiple builds to experiment with until you find one that feels right
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Career Officer
# 13
11-23-2012, 02:28 PM
****ˏˍˍˍˍˍ,^.,
**c-(___,/˘
***,/***\,

I think at the end openness doesn't really make much of a difference, there is also a thing called my and your perspective, difference of opinion, facts, myths, they are all here.

If i would post a build it wouldn't necessary be a great build it might infact have dozens of flaws, usage of useless opinions etc :p
Captain
# 14
11-23-2012, 04:27 PM
I merely dabble in PvP. But the things I have read and the vids I have watched have improved my enjoyment of the game. I'd like to thank all those known and unknown who've done so. Your intentions are good and I, for one, appreciate it when someone does these things. You wanted to make others better players so you in turn can have better opponents thus increasing your enjoyment of the game. A laudable goal I can support whole heartedly.

But no matter how eloquently you state your case or how brilliant your vids are, not everyone will read your words or watch the how-tos. Because many people do not realize just how badly they are cheating themselves of of gigabytes of good information. It is unfortunate this is true. However I promise to keep watching with great interest the things you share and applying them to my own play. I suspect there are many more than you think who do the same but never publicly acknowledge doing so. It would be easy to get discouraged at this. Don't you believe for one minute all of us ignore or discount the advice and info you so generously hand out.
Why do I enjoy JJTrek?

Because I can. Just sayin'

Remember, Kids - Every Doom Is Awesome!
Career Officer
# 15
11-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Openness is a great thing. All of those people in my siglink helped build PvP and make it an enjoyable mode to play.

Look at the other big games, they also have people doing detailed breakdowns that help people. I'm certain that if people didn't learn how to play the game, they would quit at some point from the frustration.

We gain nothing from holding onto our gameplay secrets.
Lieutenant
# 16
11-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
This is PVP.. should we even be that open with each other?
Hehe, I can honestly say that I've lied on the odd occasion to people who have asked a little too much about my builds. Not because I was purposely being an ass, but because I think there is a buttload of information on this forum, and even more for the player to think about themselves.

I got heaps of help from Tick but I also did a lot of it on my own. If I had to figure it out, so should they!
Career Officer
# 17
11-23-2012, 05:28 PM
I do not PvP anymore in this game (I think it is really badly made) but being open is always good and can enhance the game experience.
Empire Veteran
# 18
11-23-2012, 07:19 PM
I use SNB doffs, danubes, tractor beams, a full maco set for the heavy graviton beam, I have VM3/TBR3 modular boffs and a graviton pulse console/tholian web (depending on my mood). I enjoy my "you won't play till i decide you can or till you run away" build. I like when I get insulted, it means people thrown stuff at their screen and that i've been a decent sci in this specific match.

Last edited by diogene0; 11-23-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 19
11-23-2012, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
I use SNB doffs, danubes, tractor beams, a full maco set for the heavy graviton beam, I have VM3/TBR3 modular boffs and a graviton pulse console/tholian web (depending on my mood). I enjoy my "you won't play till i decide you can or till you run away" build. I like when I get insulted, it means people thrown stuff at their screen and that i've been a decent sci in this specific match.

I know how you feel my vesta is set up to hold you in place while I waltz over and pummel you or I hold you in place strip your buffs and let my team mates kill you... my build is not about being the star its about working with the synergy of my team.....
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Career Officer
# 20
11-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Best hope you don't get matched up against TRH or other OPvPers.