Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,250
# 11
11-23-2012, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsf00181 View Post
There's a graphics issue. There has to be.

I CANNOT believe that that my fleet Vorcha will go from 60% hull to blowing up at over 15 klicks from a gateway after getting the hell out of dodge when the shields failed. A borg torpedo that I couldn't see hit and killed me.

And I know there are graphical issues because I see it with my own Quantum torpedos. I doubt its my system or connection. 3.2/8gig/5870/10meg. That should be sufficient to run this game with plenty to spare, so either there is a bug or Cryptic's servers can't hack it.

So the biggest issue with people playing elites right now is the instakills that kind of just come out of nowhere. And I'm sure alot of it is people not using skills or they got stuck with the crap UI....which does suck. But there are ways around that.

As for the OP, I still run elites. Not for the skill or anything like that. I run them because I would have to run twice as many normals to get the marks. I want the BNPs so I can get the Mk12 armor once I reach T5. I'm planning ahead. The elites reward twice as much Dilithium and marks so they are worth it.
Did you check to see what was at the other end of that dash? Did you check to see if you were FOLLOWED? (I've had an assimilated Negh'var chase me across the map before, and had Assimilated Raptors play 'goalie' and move to intercept me running from one side of the map and the borg torps that were after me...)

I've also had Borg Plasma procs kill me in cloak-15-20Km from the place they hit me, because I didn't remember to equip the Boff with HE before, or I'd already USED the Hazards and they were on cooldown.

Elite STF's are SUPPOSED to be tough missions. The Borg are supposed to be THE scariest enemy you can face short of the Iconians. BEating them should NOT be an exercise in exploiting known blind-spots, nor should it be so easy that five of ANY class of character, in the same type of ship, can faceroll them in fifteen minutes on Elite.

as I said, if I can do it in a Bird of Prey, even one specced for PvP, then it isn't overpowered enemies or tech glitches at fault-my computer's verging on being a paperweight in terms of processor speed (okay, I did overclokc the crap out of it, but it's 5 years old!), video card, etc. I should be having MORE problems than you are.

I suspect in the vast majority of cases, the real culprit is something called "Situational Awareness"-or lack thereof.

Last edited by patrickngo; 11-23-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,922
# 12
11-23-2012, 09:48 PM
The invisible torpedoes are the only thing I
See wrong with the elite stfs with maybe the
Huge criticals the get at times.

There pretty fun as they are

Get rid of the blind spots on the gates
Get rid of the ships I'n cure not shooting back, arm them !
Put some weapons on the drone ships at khitomere
Buff the carrier a LOT more at cure

Elite means..........Elite
Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 656
# 13
11-24-2012, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
Yeah, cause that's how it will go down

Quit begging for more brain dead easy content.
I doubt you play STF at all
IF you did play and wanted a challenge, just remove your MACO/Omega/KHG/Borg equipment and fire up a Tier 3 or 4 ship
There you go...instant challenge without begging for more insane 1 shot kills.

For the rest of us, the MAJORITY of us, we liked the pre-Season 7 STF gameplay.
You know, when having the best equipment meant being nearly equal to the Borg.
Sure they're big and bad.
But, with our exclusive Mk XII equipment in our favourite Tier 5 ship, we should be just as nasty as our assimilated counterparts

THAT is fun.
THAT is what WE want from E-STF missions.
If you want a tougher game, use a tier 3 ship.

I want to face-off with a Tac Cube, alone, and stand a slight chance of reducing it to it's individual parts.
Instead of the 200k damage invisi-kills we are subject to, now.
That's not challenge, it just ruins STF play.
NO to ARC...Make It VOLUNTARY

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 873
# 14
11-24-2012, 01:27 AM
I need motivation to do any STFs full stop. Its good that items are beginning to drop, but really... is it worth playing an elite STF when common or uncommon MkX items drop?

I only do STFs now when I need marks for a project (which used to be once every 40 hours, damn before S7 I used to do STFs pretty much all day when I was free) but now I do a STF at least once a day now.

Honestly I have lost interest in STO since S7 came out... I'd play more if they got the private queues to start working again. Until then, I'll be playing more Planetside 2
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,764
# 15
11-24-2012, 01:31 AM
I like being able to farm Infected for Marks and dil. I hated the old system because the other instances KEPT FAILING. I could not get any other piece except the shield. Which was actually very adequate pre-S7, and so was rightly nerfed.

I now run eSTFs with my fleet exclusively just for the accolade. Once I'm done with that I'm never going near non-Infected STFs ever again. I just grind Infected, Mine Trap, Gorn Mine, and a FA, doffing for the rest of the time.

I am glad I can progress through all my content in this manner and not have to meet with FAIL PLAYERS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 16
11-24-2012, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezking View Post
I doubt you play STF at all
IF you did play and wanted a challenge, just remove your MACO/Omega/KHG/Borg equipment and fire up a Tier 3 or 4 ship
There you go...instant challenge without begging for more insane 1 shot kills.

For the rest of us, the MAJORITY of us, we liked the pre-Season 7 STF gameplay.
You know, when having the best equipment meant being nearly equal to the Borg.
Sure they're big and bad.
But, with our exclusive Mk XII equipment in our favourite Tier 5 ship, we should be just as nasty as our assimilated counterparts

THAT is fun.
THAT is what WE want from E-STF missions.
If you want a tougher game, use a tier 3 ship.

I want to face-off with a Tac Cube, alone, and stand a slight chance of reducing it to it's individual parts.
Instead of the 200k damage invisi-kills we are subject to, now.
That's not challenge, it just ruins STF play.
I've only did about 500 or so eSTFs, so nah... I don't play them.

I'm not going to stop using the equipment and ships I worked hard for so you can bunny hop your way through easy content because your so awful at the game that you can't handle the content that is already extremely easy.

If you want an easier game, learn to play instead of being so damned terrible.

If you understood game mechanics and how to cycle your defensive cool downs and tac team you'd never get one-shot by anything other than completely avoidable stuff (ie heavy plasma, donatra, etc)

Last edited by xantris; 11-24-2012 at 02:14 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,069
# 17
11-24-2012, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
I like being able to farm Infected for Marks and dil. I hated the old system because the other instances KEPT FAILING. I could not get any other piece except the shield. Which was actually very adequate pre-S7, and so was rightly nerfed.

I now run eSTFs with my fleet exclusively just for the accolade. Once I'm done with that I'm never going near non-Infected STFs ever again. I just grind Infected, Mine Trap, Gorn Mine, and a FA, doffing for the rest of the time.

I am glad I can progress through all my content in this manner and not have to meet with FAIL PLAYERS.
we were talking about stfs .If you dont like them or you dont know how to play them then its simple ....dont play them .You can get your purple pokemon epohh and elite players can get a mk XII armor or space set.Each will have his own stuffs for his own way of playing the game.

The communistoid system that everyone has to have the most elite stuffs sucks.If you dont like nor dont know how to play a elite stf you should not have elite mk XII stf gear...thats simple and very logic.If you can buy evrything then theres no reason to play .If theres no reason to play then why the heck would you even buy ?

weird thing is you can buy a maco XII set but you cant buy a purple epohh without alot of work ...that makes purple epohhs more rare than elite stuffs

Last edited by adrianm63; 11-24-2012 at 03:07 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,605
# 18
11-24-2012, 03:05 AM
Direct Answer to Thread Name.

None.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 146
# 19
11-24-2012, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
at this point, instead of being a hunt for items like STF'ing was in season 6, the only motivation at this point for running the harder ones, is the challenge itself.

You CAN beat ISE in a Miranda. you won't be able to do CSE, any of the ground missions, KASE or Hive Onslaught the same way...but the payout numerically is the SAME.

I'd kind of wish that the Devs would address the fact we have 1 STF that is braindead easy, even on Elite, because I LIKE the varied content and really do NOT like sitting forever and a day in the que...then again, maybe they shouldn't, because the marginal players and the grinders all flock to ISE now, result being some of the smoothest Cure Ground runs I've EVER SEEN.

so...no, wait, it's not a bug. It's a FEATURE. I've seen some real douchebags with attitudes in S6, but since everything became more or less "Play what you want, the Rewards are the same" in STF's, I haven't seen a single douchebag troll flamer-master in the STF's of my choice.

Probably because they're all playing Infected instead.


I like this.
I admire your dedication. Unfortunately I have not only met pros in the other stfs.

I occassionally play Hive. But I already know the other stfs in and out. It is always the same. I know how to beat the missions with optional. The point of stfs is to give you an incentive to max out your gear, you max out your gear to be good in stfs+possibility of failure adds to the fun.... repeat... IMO, challenge is not enough to replay missions again and again.

I need more pressure or incentive to play the more difficult stfs and risk failing on noobs.

Edit: I do not even need 10,000 dill to play the more difficult stfs. But the exclusive set items really made me play IGE every day despite failing on 50% because of noobs. Now I think why I should even bother...keep playing ISE everyday and eventually I get my set. The increase in Omega marks is still much faster than my consumption. The optionals also just make me get Omega marks faster than I can make use of.

Last edited by gong1fu1panda; 11-24-2012 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Forgot something
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 146
# 20
11-24-2012, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
It really IS a matter of perspective-invisikill, as you call it, existed before S7, and the appellation "Death Pea" also existed LONG before S7's update, as did the (largely factual) statement that five tacs in escorts could faceroll EVERY STF, even on Elite, before S7.

In fact, you had to be REALLY bad, and have a REALLY poor build to fail most of them.

now, here comes Season 7, and all of a sudden, things that used to be nearly useless (science ships, healers) suddenly are pretty damn important, because suddenly there is an STF where 5 Tacs in Escorts will GET facerolled, even fail the MISSION, instead of merely the Optional, and you're complaining.

9 out of 10 times, the "invisikill torpedoes" were NOT invisible, I've observed this in play when others get it, and when I get it. Off-angle, maybe, even off your screen, but not invisible or a cheat.

It's called "target fixation" and happens in ANY game environment-you're doing well, you forget that the AI is doing things OTHER than totting your damage, you get got because you stopped paying attention to your environment.

I actually watched, recently, a guy in a VEsta sit there as the green-death-pea drifted lazily down on him, obliviously hammering probes at range of 9 or thereabouts, I couldn't get to him in time, but he didn't take ANY evasive, didn't pop ANY buffs, he had assumed because he was at a down-angle and long range that he was SAFE.

(mostly on account of hte infamous blind spots in CSE before the update...)

He starts into how he was "Invisikilled!!!" and ******** about bugs...kind of like a lot of folks here do on the forums. It wasn't "Invisikill" it was "You weren't looking at anything but your target."

In PvP, this habit gets you killed, as Thissler has often pointed out in her videos on Youtube.

It's not that the Borg are OP, it's that you're accustomed to a much, much, less capable AI wiht some obvious, glaring, habitual weaknesses that were closed off, and you haven't adapted yet.

I run a ship with less hull than a RUNABOUT and a sheilds multiplier that is a crude joke even WITH all the consoles I can cram in, if it's not too hard for me, then the Borg are NOT Overpowered in space this season.

It's called "When the sheilds light up like that, it means you have big green death peas coming to kill you. If you see the flashing green circle, it's going to be a torpedo spread of death coming to kill you."
Totally agree!! It's ISE that needs a buff! For example by allowing the transformators to regenerate after they have been killed. There needs to be a huge difference between normal and elite. In fact all space elites should become more difficult. Stfs Ground are still far more difficult than Space!!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:51 PM.