Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Empire Veteran
# 21
11-23-2012, 11:08 PM
I really hate the fact they arent doin anything...
"Don't Say A Word" About The Empire!
It DOES Need Attention
We Don't Whine, We Bring Up Issues On A Firm Stand

Captain
# 22
11-23-2012, 11:41 PM
Why not just make it a cross-faction ship that both sides can buy. It seems like 90% of the work involved in adding the ship is the art resources, making the mesh doesn't have any horrible glitches when you use skin X or paint job Y. And the script bits are surely almost identical between the two factions, with just some names and dependencies changed for faction-specific things.

:-/
Survivor of Romulus
# 23
11-24-2012, 12:34 AM
I don't think anything will change anytime soon.
We're still the minority and our very background dictates a minimal variety of ships.

It's a blessing and a curse.
NO to ARC...Keep it in Beta

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5
Commander
# 24
11-24-2012, 12:57 AM
Cryptic is the entirely wrong company to run a Star Trek MMO. Never have never will.
They did not know what a great licence they took over from Perpetual and made big promises before realizing they couldn't make them real. That is how KDF was created.

First Zinkiwicht old us KDF would come, which never happened and now Stahl is talking the same again.

Cryptic will never make KDF a full faction. Never ever. They will hold on as much players as possible, squeeze out money for PW and then simply pull the plug on the game.
Cryptic's shamefull history with the KDF

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-24-2012, 01:07 AM
Hello boys, just popped my head in to see what is up. Haven't been playing on here since... August or September I think. I see the factions are still very unbalanced, the Foundry is out of order yet again, PvP is up in arms about an exploit, and they posted a cheese cake mascot on the homepage.

Well all very much the same old, same old stuff going on as usual. I haven't invested much money in this game but I am considering why I would want to when they constantly ignore the life blood of any game, the players?

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!
-Wendy Black

KDF mission of honor and intrigue.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-24-2012, 02:30 AM
Cryptic could with very little work give the KDF some C-store level 50 refits and fleet versions of existing KDF ships.

I'd rather get that than live in eternal hope of them making something new from scratch.
Career Officer
# 27
11-24-2012, 02:56 AM
I think Cryptic shouldn't be so concerned with profits per ship rather than profits on the whole. Right now Cryptic loses money on making kdf-ships compared to fed-ships, I wish they could see the bigger picture.
A contract is a contract...(but only between Ferengi).
Captain
# 28
11-24-2012, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymonkley View Post
Cryptic could with very little work give the KDF some C-store level 50 refits and fleet versions of existing KDF ships.

I'd rather get that than live in eternal hope of them making something new from scratch.
those exist and are called fleet ships
Go pro or go home
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-24-2012, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
those exist and are called fleet ships
So where are the fleet versions of the Varanus, Kar'Fi, Guramba etc?
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
11-24-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenw0lf View Post
It's a FED ship which will be piloted by FED players, so even if the Andorian Ship gets ridiculously superiour stats and a 10-console layout like the last additions to c-store/steam it will still be (in most cases) easy prey. A large part of the FED-playerbase seems to think that slapping beam arrays on their ships is the best build this game has to offer.

It's mind-boggling how many beam Vestas and Steamrunners are out there ...
Or, they don't care about maximum gaming efficiency as much and prefer an authentic Star Trek look over the most un-Trek like armaments the game offers as top DPS build.

Show me one ship firing in canon that even looks remotely like what we get if we load up with dual heavy cannons and chain rapid fire and scatter volley.
Not even the Defiant did it in that an extreme way and used beams on the rear instead of turrets.

I know, it boggles the mind that Star Trek fans play the game to enjoy the world of Trek instead of being ueber in PVP, right?
Closed Thread