Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 247
# 21
11-24-2012, 03:34 AM
Fact - openess - a trick, like vikings calling iceland icey and greenland greeny

Fact - opensess- does two things for the would be opne person, looks them appear nice, helpful

Fact - openess - reallyt they give knowmn builds with crap advice witrh a little clcik - if you have a popular "use this" and everyone uses it, and you know it......

Fact - openess - about as open as manipulation

these are the facts

irrefutable
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,202
# 22
11-24-2012, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Best hope you don't get matched up against TRH or other OPvPers.
Happens, but since i'm always puggint I don't expect anything against premade teams. A premade vs a pug is like i don't know... Europeans vs native americans in 1500?

I often get decent scores in such matches but they run too many copies of science team to my taste, and of course they know something pugs ignore called teamplay and support! And most of the times, I quickly become the primary target. Guess they don't like danubes.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 432
# 23
11-25-2012, 06:08 AM
I think that if we really enjoy a challenge and want to have more fun, then we owe it to ourselves to be more open and helpful. It won't reach all people but any who benefit can benefit others.
__________________________________________
Foundry: Yet Another Borg Mission
It's terrible but easy, and these Borg are way cooler than the mess STO and Voyager left us.
May not actually be "way" cooler or even "slightly" cooler.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 197
# 24
11-25-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post

but they run too many copies of science team to my taste
cant say I've ever heard someone make this statement before
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 597
# 25
11-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
I use SNB doffs, danubes, tractor beams, a full maco set for the heavy graviton beam, I have VM3/TBR3 modular boffs and a graviton pulse console/tholian web (depending on my mood). I enjoy my "you won't play till i decide you can or till you run away" build. I like when I get insulted, it means people thrown stuff at their screen and that i've been a decent sci in this specific match.
whats your name in game? i got 3 sub nuke doffs of my own. and if you want to play the lame game then ill make it so u dont have any buffs either. and trust me my ship is probly geared way better then yours.

just look at my pic, you see what happened over ellis island? thats nothing compaired to the hurrican my bug can wip up and do to you.

Last edited by broken1981; 11-25-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,202
# 26
11-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
whats your name in game? i got 3 sub nuke doffs of my own. and if you want to play the lame game then ill make it so u dont have any buffs either. and trust me my ship is probly geared way better then yours.

just look at my pic, you see what happened over ellis island? thats nothing compaired to the hurrican my bug can wip up and do to you.
Not here to help others fixing their broken egos. I'm having fun and that's enough, if you like to think you're better than be, that's fine, but trust me I don't care. I was just sharing a significant part of my build to make fun of people holding it like a little secret no one cares about. Oh, there's one element I didn't share but if you meet me in game you'll see which one it is. I think it's a bit broken for pvp (it's been designed for pve only) but it's also extrelemy interesting to see clueless players facing an unusual effect on their ship! I imagine their "wtf" faces and it makes my day.

I know some broken mechanics too and even if I use them i'm not trying to impress anyone. It's just extremely funny to leave escorts unable to play because their players are ofthen the most aggressive. Even if many of them are mature enough to accept that kind of gameplay, I have yet to be insulted by someone playing a support role - a role I enjoy playing myself. On the other hand, harrassing an escort can very well end up with a good load of insults. That's just my very own experience though.

Considering that I'm playing a support role and have no ego to defend in game or on the forums, I will decline. I would need a couple of teammates to take another good player down, because dps isn't my job.

Sometimes my team wins a match, sometimes we loose, and I need nothing more.

Last edited by diogene0; 11-25-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 373
# 27
11-25-2012, 06:00 PM
look this is not about this build or that build its about should we as a PVP community be more open with newer PVP players with how we accomplish things... I for one support this idea... if not for the few PVP people I have run into in my years of play I would have learned nothing and just been a big ship painted with red and white concentric circles all over it (I still feel like that sometimes)

in just the past 6 months I have learned so much about PVP and the mechanics that make it work for me that my game has improved to at least an 80% improvement over what I was doing 6months to a year ago.... Im not perfect and Im still learning but I also knowingly hurt myself in PVP trying to utilize several different abilities I should prolly not be trying to use... but you know what in the end I learn valuable lessons that I can apply to make my ship build and captain skill build better and eventually focus to the point that I am not that ship with the red and white concentric circles painted all over it... (unfortunately being a science captain in an OBVIOUS Science ship... I usually still become the main focus pretty fast) in PVP I usually give as good as I get... I may not get the huge damage numbers or healing numbers Im not the star on my team Im a sci captain and that means Im a supporting team mate but at least my presence was felt by the opposing team... we all had fun and usually queue up to do it again
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will

Last edited by andoriansrus; 11-25-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 597
# 28
11-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Not here to help others fixing their broken egos.
i think you missed my point as well as makingt your point invalid. you do pvp for fun right? so do do i. thoes sub nuk doffs dont add to the game like other doffs do. they gicve any player a free sci skill to take off buffs. and the point you missed was 6you like to be a support player. how can you play that role if i have 3 doffs of my own? you cant dps, i can. even with no buffs i put out over 2k. and trust me im used to being in ques with pugs that dont send heals.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 945
# 29
11-26-2012, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Not here to help others fixing their broken egos. I'm having fun and that's enough, if you like to think you're better than be, that's fine, but trust me I don't care. I was just sharing a significant part of my build to make fun of people holding it like a little secret no one cares about. Oh, there's one element I didn't share but if you meet me in game you'll see which one it is. I think it's a bit broken for pvp (it's been designed for pve only) but it's also extrelemy interesting to see clueless players facing an unusual effect on their ship! I imagine their "wtf" faces and it makes my day.

I know some broken mechanics too and even if I use them i'm not trying to impress anyone. It's just extremely funny to leave escorts unable to play because their players are ofthen the most aggressive. Even if many of them are mature enough to accept that kind of gameplay, I have yet to be insulted by someone playing a support role - a role I enjoy playing myself. On the other hand, harrassing an escort can very well end up with a good load of insults. That's just my very own experience though.

Considering that I'm playing a support role and have no ego to defend in game or on the forums, I will decline. I would need a couple of teammates to take another good player down, because dps isn't my job.

Sometimes my team wins a match, sometimes we loose, and I need nothing more.
I don't think you get it. Your build is no secret. Anyone can do it and every experienced player knows about exploitative builds such as the one you posted. But most experienced pvp'ers choose not to use them. They choose not to use them because it ruins the fun for everyone else in the match. Apparently you have no respect for your fellow pvp'ers and only care about satisfying your own desires. The words "fair play" fall on deaf ears as proven by your posts.

I had a friend a week ago that I have PvP'ed with a lot tell me about his new siphon drone power drain build. I told him I would not be teaming with him any more if he used siphon drones as I feel they give an unfair advantage to the user. I know others we team with feel the same way about certain abilities/consoles/exploits and may have told him the same thing. Anyway, a couple days later he told me he had switched to frigates instead of siphon drones. While it's not fun to have such builds used against you, it's also not fun to be ostracized by the community or your friends for using such builds.
----
@DevolvedOne
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:06 AM.