Career Officer
# 51
11-24-2012, 04:12 AM
For all the missions which rewards Omega marks (such as the Defera Invasion), do you have any plans to allow cross faction teaming for these missions? It's annoying standing around on Defera for hours with two Feds and one KDF, unable to do anything because you need a team of 3 and can't team cross faction.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Survivor of Romulus
# 52
11-24-2012, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas12255 View Post
Merge KDF and Fed by just making KDF treated the same as the Fed, e.g. being able to make teams, visit each other's space. The current segregation between the factions is pointless and detrimental to gameplay. By lvl 50 the KDF and Fed's are the same faction anyway, we play the same missions, the same STF's, the same adventure zones.
Yes and this is happening because they don't really have their priorities straight. The fact that the segregation is pointless at the moment is a result of this. That's what I'm saying, instead of the imagination of a Romulan faction at the moment, this has to be adressed as a priority.
Don't get me wrong, I completely understand the people who are bidding for Rom. faction and as a Trek fan I'm a big supporter of that as well, just wouldn't want the Rommies to end up ranting about content and by level 50 be the same faction with the Fed. & KDF, as you mentioned.

And in my own humble opinion, I think if the Fed. & KDF ever are merged like that, the Klingon players will once more, get the short end of the stick.
And once again, in my own humble opinion, as a Trek fan, the current state of the Fed. is about as far from trek as it can get and the Klingon faction is the only thing that still hangs to the original Trek lore as much as it's allowed. So if we have thousands of Fed. officers in purple/pink/glowing green uniforms running around Qo'noS spraying tribbles, it will turn Drozana and kill of that little Trek feeling that is left. Maybe people will disagree, but that would be a sad day for me.
Captain
# 53
11-24-2012, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Q: (azurianstar) Why isn't the Tau Dewa Sector not following canon. The Archer System is 31 Light years from Earth, not 50. And the new Romulan Homeworld is in Klingon space? They feeling generous?

Dstahl: When it comes to ?maps?, canon is a bit fuzzy.
To quote a fleetie of mine .... :

Wow, there are so many things wrong with that sector block it's actually unreal. Where to start?

Nimbus System - Shouldn't be in Romulan space, it should be inside Fed space close to the Romulan Neutral Zone http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Nimbus_III

Galorndon Core - It shouldn't be that far into Romulan space, it should be VERY close to the Romulan Neutral Zone inside Fed space http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Galorndon_Core

Starbase 234 - Seriously? Inside Romulan space? http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starbase_234

Nequencia System - Should be named to "Nequencia Alpha System", should be in Fed space, near Romulan Neutral Zone http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Nequencia_Alpha_system

Khitomer System - Should be in Klingon Space, taken by the Klingon Empire in 2382 http://www.stowiki.org/2382

Azure Nebula - Fail. Just Fail. Look at the image of Omega Leonis and you'll see why. http://www.stowiki.org/images/3/37/O...ctor_Block.png

Beta Thoridor - Should be Beta Thoridar, should be deep inside Klingon space, not on the border http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Beta_Thoridar

Pheben System - Debatable, is part of the Klingon Empire, but I doubt the House of J'mpok would use this sytem on the border of Romulan space http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Pheb...Lore#Volume_15

Archer System - Should be near Klingon space, not on the border http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Archer_IV

Right Dan ... , it is a bit fuzzy ... unless you bother to look things up instead of placing Rome , London , Paris and Moscow all in New Jersey ... because those places sound cool ... .

Welcome to Tau Dewa ... where the writers think that you like stupid-fun instead of clever-accurate fun .
http://s28.postimg.org/663z5paa5/New_Sig_2_14.png
For more info click : Here and here .

Last edited by aelfwin1; 11-24-2012 at 04:23 AM.
Career Officer
# 54
11-24-2012, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
*snip*
Kudos to you and your fleet mate.
Career Officer
# 55
11-24-2012, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
P.S. On another note, wouldn't they slap themselves in the face with sth. like that since they already brought back KDF ships from the 29 century, so it clearly states that the KDF & Fed. are not alligned?
Quite simply, they just didn't think about that.

Or (to make us all feel better) the 29th Century KDF ships are actually from a parallel universe where the Klingons are not yet aligned with the Federation. Thus, they're not only future ships, they're future ships from another mirror universe.
Survivor of Romulus
# 56
11-24-2012, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
Quite simply, they just didn't think about that.

Or (to make us all feel better) the 29th Century KDF ships are actually from a parallel universe where the Klingons are not yet aligned with the Federation. Thus, they're not only future ships, they're future ships from another mirror universe.
LOL, I laughed so hard at this

Would LOVE to hear your opinion about the Vulcan ships from the future that Daniels had briefly shown Archer in ENT.
Career Officer
# 57
11-24-2012, 07:55 AM
Can't post a reply on the article page for some reason...

Hmm... Happy with nearly all of what I see in the article. Happy with S7 overall - some things need to be tweaked a little but there are million posts saying what I want to say, so I won't repeat it here. I will say that I have a massive excess of Omega Marks. Give me something else to spend them on (Dilithium? EC? Latinum?) or rebalance them and give me more of something else.

As far as the klingon faction goes, I agree with the sentiment that one has to spend money to make money and this is also in keeping with another phrase I keep seeing around here: 'Build it and they will come'. Using the money lost on KDF ships is, in my honest opinion, a bit of a lame excuse. New KDF ships on which money is made or lost have not been, are not, and will not be the reason people play or don't play KDF. I don't play Fed becuase there are more ships or more uniforms, I play Fed because there is simply more Fed content (ie my universe is bigger=more fun/interesting) and also because by the time I unlocked KDF, I had already grown attached to my character - not to mention the time, effort and in many players' cases, real money invested in it. If I had been able to choose from the start, I may never have played Fed at all. (ok, that very last sentence is a lie, but there will be - many - players out there for whom this will be true - take the Full Romulan Faction Lobby, for example, who if the choice had always been available, would have gone directly to Romulan, probably never touching the other two except maybe to have a look) Add more Klingon content, start them off from Level 1 and make them a full faction with their own unique (totally new) missions - possibly with their own more Klingon sounding background music? - and I for one am convinced that you will see a significant number of players choosing KDF from the start.

One other thing - a big NO to flying around with a fleet of NPC ships. If how our Boffs behave is anything to go by, I think it will be a long time before it's workable - Imagine we had our boffs running around agroing everything on IGE or KAGE, for example....

If the logic is that it's unrealistic that Admirals run around doing the dirty work, rename the ranks, disassociate rank from level or both. Unless it's for some massive crazy Borg invasion map similar to the Hive Space STF, and perhaps other select maps I think many will agree (not all) that Star Trek is about one ship, one captain. We have Fleets (guilds) and 20 player fleet actions already if people want to get all RP and command them and what's more, the captains of these ships can answer back
Lt. Commander
# 58
11-24-2012, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas12255 View Post
Merge KDF and Fed by just making KDF treated the same as the Fed, e.g. being able to make teams, visit each other's space. The current segregation between the factions is pointless and detrimental to gameplay. By lvl 50 the KDF and Fed's are the same faction anyway, we play the same missions, the same STF's, the same adventure zones.
pretty much this is what I meant . In order to make that believable you'd have to add an episode at end of klingon storyline ( so before the shared missions ) . Nothing at all has to change with content already present .
Survivor of Romulus
# 59
11-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikwessels View Post
pretty much this is what I meant . In order to make that believable you'd have to add an episode at end of klingon storyline ( so before the shared missions ) . Nothing at all has to change with content already present .
I know what you've meant, I'm just saying that I don't like it. I didn't say it would change the present content, but think of how it would influence the future one.
I may be wrong, but given the history of Cryptic with the KDF, this would probaby mean no more anything specific for any of the KDF races with the ever known answer that they're together with the Fed. now, so use their ships/costumes etc.

And by the way, how is a good MMO suposed to work with only one faction, I really don't quite get it?
Survivor of Romulus
# 60
11-24-2012, 06:49 PM
I skipped over 3/4 of the questions because they are the same old rehashed questions that are asked in every Ask Cryptic. I even had to make sure I wasn't reading a previous one.
=\/= ================================ =\/=
Fleet Commander maximus92
12th Legion, Romulan Republic
12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=