Lieutenant
# 11
11-23-2012, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
So ... why not just buy one?

Since you can dismiss DOffs for Dilithium, AND exchanging some for one is essentially dismissing the unwanted ones anyway, then dissmiss what you don;t want and get Dilithium, then go buy the DOff with the stats you want at Cryptics price.

To me, you will actually GAIN Dilithium from the above equation.
Err, all doffs dismiss at a rate of 1 dilithium per dismissal, hardly a feasible rate
Republic Veteran
# 12
11-24-2012, 04:56 AM
Why is this stuff so expensive? Seriously? And before telling me I have to traverse the entire cosmos because Cryptic/PWE want me to spend 3 dollars a grind... + all the other stuff... tell me how i can REASONABLY grind 100 DOFFs without having to watch paint dry.

This is a downer, I appreciate PWE/Cryptic adjusting the STFs back to where they said it would be after Season 7 but I don't appreciate the surprise and deception. Let's remove the arrow from the backs of PWE/Cryptic customers and find some sort of middle-ground where free players don't have to be walled in by changes like these.

I've paid plenty of Cash for things in this game I otherwise wouldn't have done except I like Star Trek and I wanted to support the game not contribute to it's detriment. I want the option of being able to get something that's slightly better but not be stone-walled from being able to relax my wallet a bit.

Dilithium costs are up because of equipment, Starbases, Embassies and the Rep system. Asides from the kind move of PWE/Cryptic to adjust the game based on feed back; still see a lot that can be improved.

The question even for myself still remains, where can I park my rear end; and grind doffs as effective as the previous free method without having to pull out my wallet?
Career Officer
# 13
11-24-2012, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
AHA - my point of view rested on the idea you could choose the DOff you wanted as posited by the OP.

So, seeing that part of the orginal argument fall aprat, so does my reply
My Mistake, I misread.

You Win!

##### ##### ##### ##### #####

I'm surprised they (the developers) haven't addressed this yet. They've completely ignored any mention of the duty officer system changes. It's almost as if they don't care.