Empire Veteran
# 21
11-23-2012, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
While, its the Romulan Shuttle near the end ... I got the interact button when I was near the cockpit area.
Guess I'll have to wait 20hours and have to do the mission again to get it.
Seems like a not so good design.
I mean, in the first, the cinematic was "outside", in the staging area, but this time it's hidden in a time gated mission.
Perhaps "Access Shuttle Flight Recorder" should be apart of the regular mission requirements, and then you access the cinematic back in the Staging area, at a console near the shuttle pad would be better.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Captain
# 22
11-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
I mean, in the first, the cinematic was "outside", in the staging area, but this time it's hidden in a time gated mission.
I know but it would not make much sense to be on Warehouse 2, problem is those are engine rendered so as you can hide were the first recording takes place in the Adventure Area since its taken place inside a building, you could not on the second one because it takes place outside.
Career Officer
# 23
11-23-2012, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
I know but it would not make much sense to be on Warehouse 2, problem is those are engine rendered so as you can hide were the first recording takes place in the Adventure Area since its taken place inside a building, you could not on the second one because it takes place outside.
Personally, I'd prefer the tier missions be open and not timegated but that the missions that gives them rewards be timegated, kinda like the space patrols in the New Romulus era are.

(You can do the space patrols all day long but only for a mission reward once a day.)
Career Officer
# 24
11-23-2012, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Personally, I'd prefer the tier missions be open and not timegated but that the missions that gives them rewards be timegated, kinda like the space patrols in the New Romulus era are.

(You can do the space patrols all day long but only for a mission reward once a day.)
Nice suggestion, I like it.
Captain
# 25
11-24-2012, 12:44 AM
My waypoint marker showed me to the wrong tent (and I only had the 1 so..)

Luckily some guy in the chat was willing to explain where to go.

Frustrating fight really. Albeit I don't set my doff's up for flanking or anything, just let them roam free.
The npc's there, even the smaller ones were all-star dps and tanks at the same time but eventually got it done.

I don't know if it's me or but I am pretty sure the guy in the cutscene is the guy I just wasted in the last fight.
I still don't know who anyone is or remember any names or even what the convo was about
Captain
# 26
11-24-2012, 04:34 AM
I wish I could be Romulan, their cloths are stellar
Career Officer
# 27
11-24-2012, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
My waypoint marker showed me to the wrong tent (and I only had the 1 so..)

Luckily some guy in the chat was willing to explain where to go.

Frustrating fight really. Albeit I don't set my doff's up for flanking or anything, just let them roam free.
The npc's there, even the smaller ones were all-star dps and tanks at the same time but eventually got it done.

I don't know if it's me or but I am pretty sure the guy in the cutscene is the guy I just wasted in the last fight.
I still don't know who anyone is or remember any names or even what the convo was about
The cutscene was a log of what happened before you got there.

Basically, the lady wanted to kill the leader of New Romulus. The guy said, "No. He'll be a martyr then. Let's soften him up with Hirogen and he'll negotiate. We have more important things than the colony to deal with here anyway."

The more interesting thing is what your BO points out, that whoever has been giving you these video logs has Tal Shiar access codes.
Captain
# 28
11-24-2012, 08:08 AM
Maybe I need to watch the first cutscene again. I didn't understand the conversation:

Advisor: "Sir, we need to crush the bad guys!"

Leader: "No, I disagree with you completely."

Advisor: "Yes, New Romulus needs a leader. You are that leader!"

And then,

"This proves that unification is possible, since the Klingons and the Feds have put their differences aside to work together..."

We don't seem to be working together. I guess technically we are. I haven't interacted with a single Klingon yet that I remember. The end of our hostilities is not really explained.

Well, maybe the mystery shrubbery with explain more. I'm off to find the story bush before I hit Tier 2, if I didn't hit it overnight.
Career Officer
# 29
11-24-2012, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Maybe I need to watch the first cutscene again. I didn't understand the conversation:

Advisor: "Sir, we need to crush the bad guys!"

Leader: "No, I disagree with you completely."

Advisor: "Yes, New Romulus needs a leader. You are that leader!"
Are you talking about the conversation between Obisek (the Reman) and D'Tan?

Because the gist is:

"We need to crush the bad guys."

"No. I'm a pacifist. We should embrace our enemies."

"Well, hey. I hate politics and taking a leadership role. Just point me where to fight if you want a hand. You lead."

"Okay. Spock, Spock, Spock is my hero, Spock."

But it's all character appropriate. D'Tan was a kid on TNG who admired Spock and was his student. Obisek is a Reman freedom fighter who likes fighting and is cool with anything that isn't slavery.

Obisek is a kind of Cincinnatus/George Washington/Malcolm X hybrid figure. D'Tan is kindof a Lincoln/Plato/Neville Chaimberlain hybrid figure.

Things probably won't go well for D'Tan personally if history is any indication although that doesn't bar some major accomplishments. Obisek will almost certainly end up with more leadership duties than he cares for if history is any indication.

The one thing that could save D'Tan's bacon, maybe, is us and our mysterious helper.

Basically, we've got a weak leader who is a good man and is opposed philosophically to strong leadership. And that's D'Tan. And he's in charge. And then we've got the freedom fighter who seems to continually have leadership thrust upon him and doesn't want it.

If the historical pattern holds, D'Tan will probably wind up dead. (Note that he's not visible in any social areas.) And Obisek will wind up as Praetor of the New Romulan Republic or whatever the Unificationists call themselves, dealing with internal strife due to a Reman soldier leading a majority Romulan political body.

But Trek can buck history sometimes. See: Picard/Riker. In real life, I tend to think a Picard would get killed, promoted, or reassigned to make room for a Riker but part of what makes Trek different is that they have a future where the Picard-type can stay over the Riker type. It's kindof a fantasy world where your Chamberlains are right and your Churchills need to learn their place as second in command. And I suppose that's true to some extent in stable societies or organizational structures where the number two in command is the attack dog and the chief is a peaceful negotiator with lofty goals and ideals.

But add a little instability and that model of leadership tends to fall apart.
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
12-07-2012, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
The more interesting thing is what your BO points out, that whoever has been giving you these video logs has Tal Shiar access codes.
You think it's Ahkeev's subordinate from Mine Enemy?

On a related note, does anyone have a list of the unlockable dailies? I just today found the Warehouse mission and I'll be starting Tier 4 on Sunday.