Captain
What if STO had a Kickstarter like pledge system where you could "Pledge" money to various things the Devs were putting in the game, and which ever one got filled up first, got prioritized?

Would you:

A. Be in support of such a system. (assume it would have incentives and rewards much like Kickstarter)

B. What would you want to be in the list?

C. How much would you spend?

D. What would you want the incentives to be? What would make you spend money on this?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 2
11-24-2012, 01:27 PM
A. Yes. I would be in support of such a system.

B. Ship interiors, exploration revamp, and social zone improvement (I.E. Making DS9 the right size, putting quarks in the right place)

C. Would depend on the rewards.

D. Costumes. Both ship and person. I think that costumes, hairs, jewelry, and various ship decals and decorations would be a simple (And effective!) means of getting players to use this.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.

Last edited by centersolace; 11-24-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Captain
# 3
11-24-2012, 01:36 PM
Kleeya's clothing.
Captain
# 4
11-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
What if STO had a Kickstarter like pledge system where you could "Pledge" money to various things the Devs were putting in the game, and which ever one got filled up first, got prioritized?

Would you:

A. Be in support of such a system. (assume it would have incentives and rewards much like Kickstarter)
No, I would not be in support of such a system. I believe that Cryptic is generating enough revenue in Zen sales and subscriptions to be operating in the black, and at this stage of the game, that is all that matters. The developers themselves receive NOTHING beyond the sallary that their contract with PWE covers, so even if a pledge system existed, it would be the PWE executives who get the money. And the developers work for PWE because Cryptic is OWNED by them.

Quote:
Nothing. Because it won't happen.

Quote:
Not a dime.

Quote:
D. What would you want the incentives to be? What would make you spend money on this?
Not a thing.
I personally want a Star Trek game that is actually Star Trek. On a qualitative level that could be a lot of different things for a lot of different people. But on a quantitative level, if the developers were to watch star trek and make the game like what they see, then at least it will be a shot in the right direction, as far as I am concerned.
Republic Veteran
# 5
11-24-2012, 01:45 PM
A) NO, they have such a thing called "lockboxes" that are enough of a money sink. Ever read the odds? Do you know how many people open them for the ships? A LOT. Aka someone going for a lockbox ship will spend anywhere from 50-150 for their attempt.

I'd like to see Tribble Testers get more advanced notice; the Launcher Featuring Information about Tribble and encouraging MORE people to test for the season release. Dilithium as a reward for doing so in additional to the featured item.

The polls serve as this 'vote' system as is.

B) Polls

C)Nada

D)Polls

Etc Polls > All serves it's purpose in polls.
Captain
# 6
11-24-2012, 01:47 PM
I had an idea, what if the lobi stuff was earned in this manner?

You got the good stuff, and your vote goes to what you want to further the game.

Starfleet Veteran
# 7
11-24-2012, 01:53 PM
I would like to have such a system, and I would contribute quite a few Zen to projects like a Romulan Faction. ^^
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Commander
# 8
11-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:

Would you:

Yes.

Quote:
Ship/starbase interiors at least as customizable/functional as bases in City of Heroes. Unique bridges/interiors for special ships, Odyssey/Vesta for example.

Quote:
Depends on the perks mostly.

Quote:
I would be happy with access to the funded content at minimum since I would be effectively paying for it in advance.

As for additional perks...

Personal or ship gear with unique visuals would be nice.
Republic Veteran
# 9
11-24-2012, 01:55 PM
The polls work just fine. I see this as pointless and as a poor attempt to 'vote with your wallet' which never really happens as the TOS of this game and every game that you'll ever own has a clause that says the developers get final say. Essentially what this thread is attempting seems quite delusional to me.

The customers/players as a whole gets polled; we get what content was wanted the most; seemingly that's how it's working already. Which seems fine by me since free players are potential customers anyway.

As long as we're not delusional as to the purpose of this.... it might be okay other than that... doubt it'd 'work as intended'.
Career Officer
# 10
11-24-2012, 02:01 PM
An April Fool's Day event (lasting a week or two at least). The money would be for the licensing of other sci-fi properties, with costume bits, content, etc., and stuff for sale. Why? For charity, of course!

So, maybe one year it could be a planet doing a Firefly thing, with ships and costumes. Another year classic Battlestar Galactica (or both at the same time!). Another could be Babylon 5. Stuff like that. Sales and such from then would go to various charities like the Red Cross, Amnesty International, Heifer International, etc. But, gotta pay the lawyers and royalties first!
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.