Starfleet Veteran
# 2811
11-24-2012, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Alright

Cole and navar walk Ito the room.

Cole : so what's the plan
*The Republic's situation room has a long conference table (10 seats) with a fairly small Viewscreen on the walls at either end (keep in mind, the Republic was originally a Police Ship). There's a hologram in the centre of the table, almost encompassing the entire room, showing the 758 allied ships in the nebula and the Rebel Supply Base near the heart of the system. Sam and Captain Forest are present.*

Sam: Gentlemen, this is Captain John Forest, Commander of the Federation forces with us. Captain, this is Admiral John Cole and General Navar, of the Romulan and Klingon Empires, respectively.

Forest: A pleasure.

Sam: Now, here's the plan. On Lanco III, there's a Rebel Supply Base. It's the source of all their frontline supplies. The Lanco System is surrounded by nebulae which make Warp Travel impossible, as you saw. It's going to take us two days to get through the nebula and reach Lanco III.

Forest: Not a nice prospect.

Sam: On the contrary, that's the best advantage we could hope for. The Base relies on nearby ships for intelligence, unfortunately a squadron of our ships are heading for Romulus to take the system, thinking they're part of a two-pronged assault. Seemed like the best way to draw fool our leak. They'll be ordered to turn around by the rest of the fleet at Iconia before they get into trouble.

Forest: But, in the meantime, the Rebels think there's a major offensive heading for their homeworld.

Sam: Exactly. There's only a small garrison force guarding Lanco, and they have no idea we're coming. It'll take the rebels a week to get to Lanco thanks to the nebulae, by which time we'll have fortified our positions.

Forest: Now, hold on. You said it'd only take us two days to get to Lanco, and Romulus is only two days away. That means reinforcements would only take four days to arrive.

Sam: The Republic ships are generating a subspace field to increase the fleet's impulse engine efficiency in the Nebula. It'll take the Rebels four days to navigate through the nebula.

Forest: All right. Sounds good so far.

Sam: Any questions before I continue?
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 2812
11-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Cole: no please continue.

General navar : not yet.
Career Officer
# 2813
11-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Harper: what caused it.

Officer : still unknown sir. We are still receiving causality reports.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2814
11-24-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Cole: no please continue.

General navar : not yet.
Sam: Okay. Once we reach Lanco III, they're gonna send out a distress signal. Once they do, we have a little under a week to secure and fortify the planet, not necessarily in that order. We have two Battalions of Republic Assault Ops Troops with us to take the base.

Forest: Why not simply *imitates gun noise* bomb it from orbit?

*Sam smiles, trying to suppress her amusement.*

Sam: A, the base is buried in a mountain with Neutronium deposits. It would take us five days if we were to *imitates Forest's gun noise* "bomb it from orbit".

B, That base has enough supplies to restock the entire allied fleet three times over, plus the planet is rich in raw materials. It's worth more to us to take the base than to destroy it. Besides, the base is heavily defended already, they're defences are just about to go offline for an upgrade is all. We have a three day window to take the field camp for the engineers, so we'll bomb them from orbit.

Forest: Wait, what?

Sam: The camp's 2 miles north of the Main Base, and it has all the equipment the rebels will need to finish the upgrades.

Before you say it, Vala made sure the Romulan ships with us had the equipment so we could finish the upgrades ourselves once we took the base.

Forest: Alright, sounds good.

Sam: Once we take the base, we'll need to worry about Rebel encampments and garrisons scattered across the planet.

Forest: That's right, Lanco was one of the first planets to rebel.

Sam: They've done a good job building that base as quick as they did. The Dominion would be envious.

Forest: the one question I have is; why Lanco?

Sam: It's isolated - easier to defend when you know the enemy's coming.

Forest: But, as you said, they don't. The nebula's working in our favour now. It's like building a moat around a castle. Sure, it'll make defence easier, but it means you can't run away when you get overrun.

Sam: Nice metaphor.

Maybe the rebels didn't expect us to find them.

Bottom line, we need to take Lanco if we want to move forward.

Agreed?
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 2815
11-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Cole: are they able to detect cloaked ships. Why no simply take a fleet of cloaked vessels in and land behind enemy lines.

Back at esd.

Harper has taken to the emergency response on esd as thousands of people have been killed and dozens of starship destroyed or crippled.

Lt. Tipt: sir we have gotten the station evacuated. But we have heard now of multiple hits throughout federation space.

Harper: informer the fleet to regroup. Recall all federation ships inside our space. See what is happening in Klingon space as well.

Lt. Tipt: yes sir.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2816
11-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Cole: are they able to detect cloaked ships. Why no simply take a fleet of cloaked vessels in and land behind enemy lines.

Back at esd.

Harper has taken to the emergency response on esd as thousands of people have been killed and dozens of starship destroyed or crippled.

Lt. Tipt: sir we have gotten the station evacuated. But we have heard now of multiple hits throughout federation space.

Harper: informer the fleet to regroup. Recall all federation ships inside our space. See what is happening in Klingon space as well.

Lt. Tipt: yes sir.
Sam: The atmospheric disturbances would give away your position before you were able to land.

*Qonos' First City. There are small fires raging after a bomb exploded in the Transporter Bay, attempting to kill Chancellor Ja'ros, Son of Megh'bar. Ja'ros is now preparing to induct the Captain who saved him into the Order of Kahless.*

Ja'ros: Come forward Markon, Son of Jorpal.

*A young Klingon steps forward. He's wearing a traditional Klingon uniform with a Bat'leth on his back and a Mek'leth sheathed to the right side of his waist. He also has a disruptor pistol holstered to the left side of his waist. He's wearing a sash, decorated by the crests of the House of Martok and the House of Torpal, as well as the Medal of the Order of the Bat'leth.

Ja'ros pins the Medal of Kahless beneath the Medal of the Bat'leth, before taking a step back.*

Glory to you, and your House. *Salutes* Qapla'!

Markon: Long live the Empire!

*2 hours later. Markon is met by General S'vak of the KDF.*

S'vak: It is good to see you again, old friend!

Markon: And you, S'vak! What brings you to my humble home?

S'vak: You just received the Medal of Kahless! What more reason do I need to visit an old friend and ally to the House of T'rak?!

Markon: Then come! I have a case of bloodwine I've been saving for a special occasion! 2309! A very good year!

S'vak: Then I ask you hold on to it, old friend.

The truth is, Markon, I do need your help. The High Council is assigning me to lead our forces against the Romulan Rebels from this side of the Star Empire, and I know NONE of the warriors under my Command.

Markon: The honour is to serve!

S'vak: Thank you, old friend. I'll leave for the Qu'vat System tomorrow.

Markon: As will I. Qapla', Son of T'rak!

S'vak: Qapla', Son of Jorpal!

*S'vak leaves Markon's house and Markon moves to a comm. unit.*

Markon: Markon to I.K.S. Bat'rak.

Bat'rak Crew member *Over comm.*: Bat'rak here, Captain. What are your orders?

Markon: Prepare for departure tomorrow morning. We will be joining the 12th Fleet at Qu'vat.

Bat'rak Crew member *Over comm.*: Cha'vei!
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 2817
11-24-2012, 01:31 PM
Harper is soon running around trying to speak to the council ad starfleet comman while figuring ou what happene and takin in reports.

Harper: have the 12th fleet fall back to Vulcan and the 91st fleet to ds9 all other ships maintains current position.

Officer: sir starfleet command is requesting a update

Harper send them what we have.

Meanwhile

Cole: very well. I believe we can all make this plan work.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2818
11-24-2012, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Harper is soon running around trying to speak to the council ad starfleet comman while figuring ou what happene and takin in reports.

Harper: have the 12th fleet fall back to Vulcan and the 91st fleet to ds9 all other ships maintains current position.

Officer: sir starfleet command is requesting a update

Harper send them what we have.

Meanwhile

Cole: very well. I believe we can all make this plan work.
Sam: You have 2 days to get your forces ready. Let's get to it.

*Sam walks out onto the bridge while Captain Forest heads into the Turbolift.*
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 2819
11-24-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Sam: You have 2 days to get your forces ready. Let's get to it.

*Sam walks out onto the bridge while Captain Forest heads into the Turbolift.*
Cole: one to beam up

General kava ( was that his name lol) energize.

Once cole is back on his ship he heads for the bridge
Starfleet Veteran
# 2820
11-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Cole: one to beam up

General kava ( was that his name lol) energize.

Once cole is back on his ship he heads for the bridge
OOC: Navar, lol
My Fan Fictions