Ensign
# 1 Question from a rookie
11-24-2012, 11:48 AM
I really enjoy this game and am playing for free, but I would like to know from a experienced player what the advantages are in paying for a gold membership. When I ask through the in game chat no one ever answers my question. Is it worth $15.00 a month? Are there benefits that could make me better faster? Or is it just as good to play for free and learn just as fast. Any help through answers would be greatly appreciated. Than you.
Captain
# 2
11-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Take a look at the Features Matrix to see a side-by-side comparrison of Silver/Free to Gold account features. You should be able to determine for yourself if what Gold status offers is worth subscribing.
Career Officer
# 3
11-24-2012, 12:43 PM
A lot of the subscriber perks (slots, etc) stay with you even if you subscribe for one month then quit. And keep in mind that some subscriber perks (free ships, respecs) are given on level-up, so subscribing while you level up and then quitting when you're at max level is also useful.

You can certainly learn about the game without subscribing, but a single month of subscribing can give you an idea of what stuff you use or would want in an ongoing fashion.
Commander
# 4
11-25-2012, 01:14 AM
I'd say the biggest advantages to Gold are the additional inventory and bank slots while leveling up. Also useful are the respec tokens (upon rank up) and the monthly Zen stipend, which you can either use to save up for a shiny, or use for things like more slots for your boffs, doffs, inventory, bank, etc.
Career Officer
# 5
11-25-2012, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
Take a look at the Features Matrix to see a side-by-side comparrison of Silver/Free to Gold account features. You should be able to determine for yourself if what Gold status offers is worth subscribing.
this 100 % agree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Captain
# 6
11-25-2012, 01:28 AM
It's very good to have for the respec tokens
There 5$ each

Bank slots other goodies at level 50 go back to free
To play
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse