Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 11
11-25-2012, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehale View Post
I'm very interested to hear more about what was discussed and I'm looking forward to seeing where this all leads.
Cool, stevehale. I am glad to know you are interested. We will create a sign up sheet for people who are interested in going through the Boot Camp. Keep you eyes out on the forums and the STO website. You will begin to hear some buzz over the next few weeks. Until then, you can also check out the website, which is still under construction.

http://pvp-boot.camp.shivtr.com/

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Empire Veteran
# 12
11-25-2012, 07:20 AM
I'd like to add a brief reminder on one of the points made during the call/s.

* Show some courtesy to teams in PVP. Try not to push them to the spawn and outright annihilate them. This isn't a easy task but I think trying to do this more often than not will help this event.

* Those who run frequent teams, try and pick up new players and faces and get them involved more in team play. This isn't exactly easy since some players are set that you are cheating, but it's our job to show them we are not and get them involved in more team oriented playing. Whether a actual team or a pickup. Pugging can and should be enjoyable, but lately it just isn't. You either get a team or a pop with 3/5 or have a 5/5 with 2-3 afkers or suicide players. (something really needs to be done about this on cryptics END!)

* Giving players advice (whether wanted or not) can plant seeds for later improvement. Think of all the times someone has told you something but you really didn't get it. Then the lights turn on.

* If you have a full team, have a teammate sit out or maybe split your team up so you can pickup with newer players. Show them that good teammates make good games.

Cheers!
-X-/Pandas - Pheo