Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
This is not an error on my part. I've played this quest 3 times on 2 different characters. 2 out of 3 times you go through all the tedious time wasting EV suit jumping and puzzle solving and get to the final hatch to the promenade, you disable the security panel and the hatch DOES NOT GLOW and you cannot enter it.

Please PLEASE take a look at this. it would be forgivable if this part of the quest didn't require doing ALL the grunt work ev suit lame puzzle solving busywork over and over again just to see if the stupid hatch will glow like it's supposed to.

Seriously just play test this quest a few times and you'll reproduce the bug there's nothing special about it!

Grr.
Career Officer
# 2
11-22-2012, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falkor2010 View Post
This is not an error on my part. I've played this quest 3 times on 2 different characters. 2 out of 3 times you go through all the tedious time wasting EV suit jumping and puzzle solving and get to the final hatch to the promenade, you disable the security panel and the hatch DOES NOT GLOW and you cannot enter it.

Please PLEASE take a look at this. it would be forgivable if this part of the quest didn't require doing ALL the grunt work ev suit lame puzzle solving busywork over and over again just to see if the stupid hatch will glow like it's supposed to.

Seriously just play test this quest a few times and you'll reproduce the bug there's nothing special about it!

Grr.
same problem here, they better fix thius before the episode replay event lolo
Ensign
# 3
11-23-2012, 04:05 AM
Having the same problem with this, the hatch won't open! Gutted I haven't had to drop a main mission yet but now I have to!
Ensign
# 4
11-23-2012, 06:56 AM
exact same problem, also having the problem the other ppl had on the second wave mission where the promenade can''t be loaded, on top of that, the first undine mission can''t be completed either, the borg as well as the undine suddenly become immortal....

I had played the missions on my engineer just pre S7
Career Officer
# 5
11-23-2012, 07:14 AM
I've found you dont have to drop the mission. But you do have to beam out to your ship and give up all your EV suit / Black Ops progress then start the Black Ops portion over from the beginning. Still takes a lot of time but better than totally dropping the quest.
Ensign
# 6
11-23-2012, 09:32 PM
it did not work the first time for me, but it did work the 2nd time. Now i have replayed the mission about 5 time and the hatch wont glow and i can't complete the mission.

Confirmed need's fixing.
Career Officer
# 7
11-24-2012, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerashari View Post
same problem here, they better fix thius before the episode replay event lolo
Lol why? The 2800 series was buggy as hell when it went live week by week and was by far the most buggy of all the featured series. So it would just be like old times for none of it to work properly.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Career Officer
# 8
11-25-2012, 07:44 AM
Regardless of whether it was buggy when it went live, or not, there is no reason that it should still be buggy. Cryptic should fix it, and all the other screwed up missions but, of course, there is no monetary gain in that so I guess we, the players, take a back seat to the mighty dollar.

Cryptic -- read this and all the other bug reports and fix the damned mission(s) so that your players, the people who help to keep you gainfully employed, will continue to do so.
Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
Ensign
# 9
11-25-2012, 02:33 PM
I did it today and almost threw my computer out of the window when after the 4th time it did not work for me either ... and then i had an idea: why not use the standard EV suit given to you at the start of the mission instead of my First Contact or Tholian Crystal EV suit?

And ... it worked like a charm. Strange things happen at STO ...

But I still could not get myself to replay the 2800 missions for the complete Jem'Hadar gear ... starting with Second Wave, there were so many bugs I can't even begin to list.
Rihannsu
# 10
11-25-2012, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frakr View Post
and then i had an idea: why not use the standard EV suit given to you at the start of the mission instead of my First Contact or Tholian Crystal EV suit?

And ... it worked like a charm. Strange things happen at STO ...
After my first attempt failed for the same reasons, hatch not lighting up, I saw your post and tried it, but that failed for me too

Not going to do it a third time, guess I'll have to wait for a fix, same with the Second Wave problem... meh :|