Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lieutenant
# 11
11-24-2012, 09:58 PM
Then no lockbox ships,c-store ships and fleet ships oh and no doffs.
Captain
# 12
11-24-2012, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkdown1 View Post
Then no lockbox ships,c-store ships and fleet ships oh and no doffs.
how about just no consoles for starters.

then at least people get to fly the ship they like.
Captain
# 13
11-24-2012, 10:59 PM
Well if you saw 500 people I'n a que and it
Was free to play ships only limitation and the
Rest of the que were empty

Seems like well.............

Give people choices and they will most
Likely use them

Give them no choice like we have now
We will keep what we have now forever

It hasn't been balanced yet nor will it ever be
Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Lieutenant
# 14
11-25-2012, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
how about just no consoles for starters.

then at least people get to fly the ship they like.
That really is unfair deeper pockets mean better ships and doffs.
Captain
# 15
11-25-2012, 07:32 AM
Quote:
That really is unfair deeper pockets mean better ships and doffs.
meh, kinda link.

like your chimera with trics..... i think its the chimera. that cost you money. i know its yer lulz build, but still. only guys who dropped a couple hundred, or have been subbing for a long time get to fly it.

so. in that aspect, you get a little of that yes. the great thing is, that you can grind for all in game currency. i did it to get my bug. others can do it too, it doesnt take deep pockets, matter of fact, if you have deep pockets you either work a job that keeps you from grinding, or you were born into some wealth, and this little bit o cash means nothing to you anyways.
Commander
# 16
11-25-2012, 08:16 AM
We'll likely never reach a consensus on even a majority of the specific details. I fo feel that disabling consoles would be a significant step in leveling the playing field. That's not to say that all ships are perfectly balanced, certainly not doffs, but at least in this case we'd be reducing many confounding factors.

I think tric mines could be ok if not for all of the console and special abilities that make them invisible or make you disabled. I still believe that the Jemmy is poorly balanced but it might be less problematic if there wasn't so much other rough stuff going on.

There are just so many powers, such short cool downs (and numerous ways to circumvent even that), that PvP is more about who can twitch the fastest with the most toys. PvP could be more fun and more accessible if we brought things back in line (opinion).
Lieutenant
# 17
11-25-2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
meh, kinda link.

like your chimera with trics..... i think its the chimera. that cost you money. i know its yer lulz build, but still. only guys who dropped a couple hundred, or have been subbing for a long time get to fly it.

so. in that aspect, you get a little of that yes. the great thing is, that you can grind for all in game currency. i did it to get my bug. others can do it too, it doesnt take deep pockets, matter of fact, if you have deep pockets you either work a job that keeps you from grinding, or you were born into some wealth, and this little bit o cash means nothing to you anyways.
Been playing sto long enuff i have everything i need, for the chimera it was free for me. From exploits to broken skills/ships/consoles/doffs. I have given up on pleasing everyone i don't fly this trash on premades but i also don't que up for premades anymore no point. I think this is the only enjoyment i have left
Captain
# 18
11-25-2012, 09:03 AM
thats why i bust out my fleet defiant for a week or so every month....

just to remind people i can still kill without the bug ship.

yet i loves it sooooo much.... so agile.

but i'd gladly give up the xtra engie console slot to keep that agility, no problem. even nerf the shield mod a bit. still no problem.

have fun kill bad guys
Captain
# 19
11-25-2012, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Been playing sto long enuff i have everything i need, for the chimera it was free for me. From exploits to broken skills/ships/consoles/doffs. I have given up on pleasing everyone i don't fly this trash on premades but i also don't que up for premades anymore no point. I think this is the only enjoyment i have left
dude, we've been shooting each other for years, you know i have no quarrels with you. just engaging in good conversation.
Lieutenant
# 20
11-25-2012, 09:06 AM
Also this tric ship can be rederred useless with a mixed setup that can include other mines tbr bfaw scatter volley. I have a hard time accepting complaining with my tric when the guy complaining is flying a lockbox ship.