Captain
# 31
11-25-2012, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
It's a shame considering the price of that ship, it's not even in the description. So basically we buy something completely nerfed and it's not even in the patchnotes! I think it's the last time i get robbed by ninja nerfs.
it is not a nerf. it is a hidden easteregg bonus feature
Empire Veteran
# 32
11-25-2012, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
it is not a nerf. it is a hidden easteregg bonus feature
I've bought the ship, it's supposed to launch carrier pets. I've bought advanced carrier pets too. The carrier pets aren't working as they should be, and there is no mention of this "feature" in the patch notes, on the website, in the dev blog, or on the ship description in game. Consequently it's a ninja nerf and it's also a plain and simple lie since you can't know it when you buy the ship.

I see nowhere the warning "you buy half a carrier with 1/4th of a unique hangar". Guess we should be used to lies here considering what we had to do to see promises kept in season 7 but it's not something i can easily accept on something you buy.

Last edited by diogene0; 11-25-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 33
11-25-2012, 09:31 AM
I find that I rarely use my hangar pets... mostly I forget about them in my vesta but you know that thats ok by me since I use it as a science ship and having the hangar was just a bonus anyway.... but I DO NOT use the cannons I use beams a torp and a mine dispenser.... the aux cannons are not all that great on my build anyway but hey who know what might change in the future.... if they ever fix the cool down on the hangar or the animation so that I can have all 2 danubes or 3 peregrines fast enough that thy dont get killed before they are all out then I will be even more happy otherwise I will just be happy that I have the vesta for now and just shut up
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Captain
# 34
11-25-2012, 09:35 AM
In the books/tech schematics featuring the Vesta-class, it states that the Vesta has a Runabout pad (ala DS9) not an actual hangar/flight deck.

Go watch any episode of DS9 showing a Runabout getting launched from its pad. Its not quick and those are not combat conditions. Again, it is NOT a Flight Deck ship or Carrier. It has a working Runabout Pad/Shuttle Bay.

I have already theorized the slow hangar was WAD/WAI in another thread for balance, which was apparently confirmed via Twitter. As powerful as the ship can potentially be it does not even need a hangar.
Constant exposure to the same opinions leads to continual reinforcement of ideas until eventually, any challenge, no matter what form it takes, is going to be met with a disproportionate sense of outrage. Room for reasoned discussion can no longer occur.

Empire Veteran
# 35
11-25-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
I have already theorized the slow hangar was WAD/WAI in another thread for balance, which was apparently confirmed via Twitter. As powerful as the ship can potentially be it does not even need a hangar.
Well TBH i don't mind about theories or pvp balance concerns (players will adapta usual), I'm just concerned by misleading advertisement. It's even worse than some pvp balance imo.
Captain
# 36
11-25-2012, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Well TBH i don't mind about theories or pvp balance concerns (players will adapta usual), I'm just concerned by misleading advertisement. It's even worse than some pvp balance imo.
yep. it is called hangar bay, so it should act like a full on hangar bay. there is no mention anywhere that the aux power will have little to no effect on the pets, nor about the time it takes to pop everything one by one out
Lieutenant
# 37
11-25-2012, 10:48 AM
Quote:
He's right, the 'nerfed' hangar should be described as such in the ship's description. I bought it within hours and I'm still angry about being misled by that omission. Cryptic loves to CLAIM they tell us every change, but then there's far more evidence than this nerfed hangar in just the past month to prove that a lie.
Career Officer
# 38
11-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Agreed, it should be in the description. As far as anyone knows purchasing the ship, it has a fully featured Hanger, no special notes or restrictions attached to it. It was like PULLING darn teeth to get someone to respond that its working as intended and then it was just a tweet by Branflakes, not even a post.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Captain
# 39
11-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhrangerxml View Post
Agreed, it should be in the description. As far as anyone knows purchasing the ship, it has a fully featured Hanger, no special notes or restrictions attached to it. It was like PULLING darn teeth to get someone to respond that its working as intended and then it was just a tweet by Branflakes, not even a post.
tbh it wasnt anything official. "he believes" that it was for balance. so I can pretty much imagine that this is something like the borg being powerful. they dunno the problem
Captain
# 40
11-25-2012, 03:10 PM
Oh I completely agree they should have put in something about it having a slow hangar so people wouldn't be cheesed off about it.

But considering that it is what it is in-game, especially with it's consoles and the benefit those provide, I am not surprised that the launch pad is an actual launch pad. I would not have given it a working hangar if it was me.
Constant exposure to the same opinions leads to continual reinforcement of ideas until eventually, any challenge, no matter what form it takes, is going to be met with a disproportionate sense of outrage. Room for reasoned discussion can no longer occur.