Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 441
# 71
11-25-2012, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khamseenair View Post
I don't even see Moneybookers as a payment gateway option in their list of choices (which displays all and tells you if you can use them in your region).

When you go to purchase zen, what region does it think you are in? Because according to their sales team, anybody in the European region can only by in Euros. Still no answer though as to why we have to pay more and get lower amounts.
Err, sorry for the double post. Don't really know why Moneybookers is displayed as such, because they officially changed their name to Skrill some time ago.
****
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 860
# 72
11-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewstelamon01 View Post
No company announces sales in advance, or else no one would buy anything at any time BUT a sale, and companies can't effectively budget that way.
That's not completely true, a lot of big companies advertise sales in advance. For example, Amazon announced their black Friday sale was coming a month before it started, most high street retailers announce sales in advance so as to attract customers who may not be in town on those days otherwise, etc.

Though I do agree that PWE never would do that, because as you say, none of us would buy anything until the sale started. It's a little different with big businesses which sell a much larger selection of products.

Sorry, I know it's nit picking, but I just ran an elite STF with people I'm pretty sure couldn't even spell their own names if asked to, so I felt the need haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewstelamon01 View Post
Err, sorry for the double post. Don't really know why Moneybookers is displayed as such, because they officially changed their name to Skrill some time ago.
Thanks, I found that out after Google searching them. Though even when I tried using them, the pricing is still in Euros. I guess we should just be grateful we're not being as badly ripped off as those who use the Steam wallet to purchase Zen. Still, some explanation would be nice.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 441
# 73
11-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khamseenair View Post
That's not completely true, a lot of big companies advertise sales in advance. For example, Amazon announced their black Friday sale was coming a month before it started, most high street retailers announce sales in advance so as to attract customers who may not be in town on those days otherwise, etc.

Though I do agree that PWE never would do that, because as you say, none of us would buy anything until the sale started. It's a little different with big businesses which sell a much larger selection of products.

Sorry, I know it's nit picking, but I just ran an elite STF with people I'm pretty sure couldn't even spell their own names if asked to, so I felt the need haha.



Thanks, I found that out after Google searching them. Though even when I tried using them, the pricing is still in Euros. I guess we should just be grateful we're not being as badly ripped off as those who use the Steam wallet to purchase Zen. Still, some explanation would be nice.
I'd have to agree on the first part...larger "big-box" stores can afford to advertise early because they have other streams of revenue. It isn't like some people can put off going to Wal-Mart, after all, until Black Friday or something.
****
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 860
# 74
11-25-2012, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewstelamon01 View Post
I'd have to agree on the first part...larger "big-box" stores can afford to advertise early because they have other streams of revenue. It isn't like some people can put off going to Wal-Mart, after all, until Black Friday or something.
Haha yeah, "I'm not buying milk this week, there's a sale on Friday so it might be cheaper", doesn't really work out too well.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,217
# 75
11-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Got my Armitage just in the nick of time.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,046
# 76
11-25-2012, 04:03 PM
This sale is now complete

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:22 PM.