Career Officer
# 81
11-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebsu
Q: What did you do the STFs? I can?t remember the last time I?ve been killed but since the Season 7 update, I?ve been killed at least 3 times!

For those of you that were/are using the 3 pc BORG + MACO Shield......remember that they took the Assimilated Console out of the BORG Set so you are no longer getting the "Multi-Regenerative Shield Array"

I found out the hard-way not to play too close to the fire.
Empire Veteran
# 82
11-25-2012, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingahead View Post
For those of you that were/are using the 3 pc BORG + MACO Shield......remember that they took the Assimilated Console out of the BORG Set so you are no longer getting the "Multi-Regenerative Shield Array"

I found out the hard-way not to play too close to the fire.
Yeah thats true but if you play out the rep systems there are multiple sets you can eventually load up on like retro borg/shield combo, or khg/maco set, theres like 3 different sets I know off out of the romulan rep system, the new omega set, etc...

So really they move one piece of one set over that you lose but you have potential to gain so much more now.
Career Officer
# 83
11-25-2012, 08:28 PM
For almost 3 years, I have occasionally asked questions through Ask Cryptic. Yet...not one of my questions have ever been chosen, let alone answered in any way. This Ask Cryptic is no different.
Lt. Commander
# 84
11-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Only one question : When will it end to get dropped into a queue that is nearly ended or already busy, screwed up or whatever ? Is it so hard to program those queues to prevent it from happening ?

It's simple, what do you prefer to play, Mr Stahl : a mission that you can complete from start with the team to obtain the goal or getting dropped into one that is already busy and where you don't get a shot at anything ? Which of the both is appealing the most to you, which of the both is giving you the most satisfaction ?

Ok, it's more then one question, but what the heck, you get the point. Hopefully.

Last edited by adorkabledori; 11-25-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Captain
# 85
11-26-2012, 03:09 AM
Ask Cryptic, when will, us players, we have the option to choose if we want the impulse and warp engine trails off and on? This way you guys will still be happy if you want the ships to have the engine trails and at the same time let the players who don't want the engine trails can turn them off. Everyone is happy.
Career Officer
# 86
11-26-2012, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
First of all, I didn't see anything regarding Archer IV's location in that article, aside from "relatively close to the Sol System".

Second of all, the Archer system in STO is not the same system seen in Enterprise. Read the system description: it was named Archer as a marketing ploy.
Archer is a certain star in the real world and that star has a distance, look it up.

Quote:
Second of all, the Archer system in STO is not the same system seen in Enterprise. Read the system description: it was named Archer as a marketing ploy.
You don't know your Trek very well, because the initial naming of the Archer System was a joke by Trip, and it stuck. Hence the "marketing ploy".

Quote:
Actually, they put it deep in Romulan space, not Federation. Still wrong, though.
Okay, now I smell a troll. Because Iconia is in the upper left side of Iota Pavonis, which is clearly Federation territory.

Last edited by azurianstar; 11-26-2012 at 03:27 AM.
Captain
# 87
11-26-2012, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Archer is a certain star in the real world and that star has a distance, look it up.
My mistake. Sorry.

Quote:
You don't know your Trek very well, because the initial naming of the Archer System was a joke by Trip, and it stuck. Hence the "marketing ploy".
Again, read the system description for the Archer system in STO - it clearly states that it is not the Ursa Majoris system that was seen in Enterprise.

Quote:
Okay, now I smell a troll. Because Iconia is in the upper left side of Iota Pavonis, which is clearly Federation territory.
Actually, it looks to me like it's on the border...at least on the Galaxy map. So we were both wrong...it's in the Neutral Zone, like it's supposed to be.

And no, I'm not a troll.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Career Officer
# 88
11-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
*loads her pulsewave, fires a shot at the Borg, and flies back against the wall*

Did I get him?

*notices that the Borg shrugged off the blast*

Does anyone have a 4,000 dps MK XII ground weapon?

I must confess that I thought Cryptic intentionally made the Borg stronger.

I am now glad that it was just a glitch. Maybe there will be some sort of resolution.
It's because they did a stealth buff to the Borg without telling us and there was unintended consequences. This whole "We don't know HOW this happened!!!11!!" is utter crap.

NOTE TO DEVS: Stealth Buffs/Nerfs don't help guys. We're a pretty smart group of kids; we'll figure it out sooner or later and resent you more for not telling us in the first place.
Ensign
# 89
11-28-2012, 08:48 AM
seriously........U NEED TO LOWER the upgrade costs for the fleet base......

for the update shipyard from 3 to 4 we shall spend 1700000 dilitium???
you cant be serious! pls lower ALL costs they are way to much!
dilithium and fleetmarks costs above level2 are way to much even for a fleet with 500member....and if we speak the truth....no fleet has really 500 real activ member! that game shall still make fun or not??? this way you really dont reach that anyone still has fun...
pls lower that all!

hope its not to late to add my question:
in short form......would u pls lower the costs?? they are way to much! my fleet cant afford the needed dilithium and fleet marks in a short time......we need to work on that for weeks! if no one spends real money for dilithium then even months....above level 3 the costs are insane! they should be maximal like level 3 but on level 5-.-"
would u pls be so kind to lower theses costs? some of my fleet even left because of that....
i see that it should take some time to build it up to the level 5......but this way it takes way to long....all the projects are way to expensive....there is no fun anymore in doing them....

Last edited by bandit2338; 11-28-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Career Officer
# 90
11-28-2012, 09:17 AM
Any chance of the Sector Space Patrols being switched back on so we can get the accolades, and when will accolades be of any use to STO in general?