Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 31
11-25-2012, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariuskoronikov View Post
but i find it silly where there are mainly white uniforms or ones that don;t have alot of red or yellow or blue/greenyblue

I guess it is one of those things that most if not all of us have been fans of star trek for many years..why would we then create such a silly non canon uniform?
The later TNG movies show dress uniforms that are white with departmental color pinstriping/piping. Could be that's what some folks are going for.

My own toon's uniform is white because the early movie era is my nostalgia sweet spot, and my char is sci, so I tried to design a uniform that felt like it was in the same family as the various background engie/sci/starbase uniforms seen from TMP to ST-VI. So more off-white and earth tone than actual white, but still. I'm basically assuming/RPing a fleet meta equivalent of the red/gold/blue shipboard division system: the "hero" crews seen in the shows wear the fleet meta equivalent of a red duty uniform, because they're front line multitaskers who handle most of the contact work, while support/logistics division ships have their own uniform, and so on with sci division ships.

My away team boffs get utility versions of my toon's off-white uniform, and my shipboard boffs get a derivation of the TNG two-tone pattern (1, 2, 3). Again, it's kind of a different role/different uniform idea, but with a sort of white collar/blue collar division: folks who's job involves getting their hands dirty get utility uniforms, while folks who operate consoles and viewscreens get the more minimalist & dressy TV-style uniforms. Although My toon should wear the dressy type in theory, I created a sort of intermediate uniform for her instead because she she goes on away missions all the time.

A lot of it on my part isn't so much trying to make my character's uniform distinctive as it is RPing what I'd like to imagine as the standard uniform(s), since I don't like the Cryptic default/official versions.

Last edited by connectamabob; 11-25-2012 at 04:47 PM.