Rihannsu
# 21
11-25-2012, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
i would give them 50 EUR to start working on the Romulan faction.

(would give them even more if i knew it will really happen)

considering the whole WOW is for sale for less..
did you not see the last ask cryptic and i "Dstahl: While we would love to see a Romulan faction in the game, and players have told us they really want us to make it, we have not announced anything officially about this yet. We think it would be awesome and the team is excited that players want to see this faction fleshed out, but we agree that there are some issues to work out first about how it would be implemented and fit into the existing game. If we were to make a Romulan Faction, we would want them to have their own storyline and mission structure as well as their own ships so that it would feel different than playing a FED or KDF character. We?ll just have to wait and see!"

i will not hold my breath on it ever happening
the age of launcher... is over...!! the time of the ARC has come!!!!!!!!!
One ARC to rule them all, One ARC to find them,
One ARC to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!
actual joining date = no one cares!!!!
Rihannsu
# 22
11-25-2012, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
i will not hold my breath on it ever happening
ill just wait and see..

and will be reminding cryptic of the FACT that there are some 100's of EUR's on my account waiting to flesh out a romulan toon or 2, support a new fleet, starbase and embassy, and i would need DOFF's too... i think...

ill be deleting my old toons too, cause i honestly HATE my fed toons by now..

im an utopian and i like it. cause that is the kind of girl i am.

: impossibly ideal : visionary <recognised the utopian nature of his hopes ? C. S. Kilby>

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Career Officer
# 23
11-25-2012, 04:40 PM
Everything about PWE's actions as of late tells me they're about to lose the game so they're pushing hard to make as much cash as possible till the game is taken away from them.

When I first discovered PWE is a subsidiary of PW Co based in China, the first thing that popd in my mind was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dkkf5NEIo0. I know that doesn't exactly apply here but still...

I just don't see this game lasting much longer, regardless of how much money anyone throws at it. PWE doesn't deserve to be involved in this franchise.
Rihannsu
# 24
11-25-2012, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darimund View Post
Everything about PWE's actions as of late tells me they're about to lose the game so they're pushing hard to make as much cash as possible till the game is taken away from them.

When I first discovered PWE is a subsidiary of PW Co based in China, the first thing that popd in my mind was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dkkf5NEIo0. I know that doesn't exactly apply here but still...

I just don't see this game lasting much longer, regardless of how much money anyone throws at it. PWE doesn't deserve to be involved in this franchise.
omfg way tooooooooooooooo funny lmao
the age of launcher... is over...!! the time of the ARC has come!!!!!!!!!
One ARC to rule them all, One ARC to find them,
One ARC to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!
actual joining date = no one cares!!!!
Captain
# 25
11-25-2012, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darimund View Post

Whether PWE is good for the game or the franchise is a debate that will never end due to it having no correct answer, but I doubt that the game is dying.

It's nowhere near as good as it could be, but money is flowing into the game, and Cryptic is finally trying some risky and potentially unpopular additions and changes (New Romulus, Reputation), and I believe that's a good sign.

What PWE's impact on STO's position isn't important, what does matter is that it is in a good enough position that Cryptic is willing to experiment with it. I think it's fair to say that the moment that Cryptic and PWE stop experimenting and start to "Play it Safe", THEN we panic.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
HI HO, HI HO. OFF DUTY SLOT NEEDS TO GO!

"It's better to ask a dumb question, than to remain an idiot forever."
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
11-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Form me the only big Ticket item this is suitable for is a Faction. All the other stuff will come as the game is further fleshed out over time.

And I vote for a Ferengi faction!
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Captain
# 27
11-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
Form me the only big Ticket item this is suitable for is a Faction. All the other stuff will come as the game is further fleshed out over time.

And I vote for a Ferengi faction!
I believe it would only be for big ticket items like Factions, more Adventure Zones like New Romulus, possibly redoing DS9, the Academies, Vulcan, Risa and various other social zones like that into the correct size/appearance, and giving them more Adventure Zone like qualities, it could even be used to redo the entire Genesis system and give us true exploration.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
HI HO, HI HO. OFF DUTY SLOT NEEDS TO GO!

"It's better to ask a dumb question, than to remain an idiot forever."
Commander
# 28
11-25-2012, 10:37 PM
A. YES
B. Costume packs

C. around 10 bucks

D. Unique titles or discounted prices for folks who pre-ordered it.
Captain
# 29
11-26-2012, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Would you:

A. Be in support of such a system.
Prior to Season 7 I would have been .

Quote:
B. What would you want to be in the list?
Prior to Season 7 I would have said New STF's .
After the back stabbing that Cryptic did to the STF community ... , ummm , no , not even for that .
http://s28.postimg.org/663z5paa5/New_Sig_2_14.png
For more info click : Here and here .
Captain
# 30
11-26-2012, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
What if STO had a Kickstarter like pledge system where you could "Pledge" money to various things the Devs were putting in the game, and which ever one got filled up first, got prioritized?
Absolutely not. That's not how a kick starter is suppose to work. That would lean production even heavier towards fed oriented content and ships.

A kick starter is suppose to be about setting a goal budget and then IF it reaches that amount, the project is green lit. I'd consider that.