Career Officer
This has been something I've meant to comment on awhile.

The SOMEWHAT (not entirely) skin and costume glossiness in Champs makes sense because it's a stylistic choice. (Even then, they have a variety of material options and skin in a variety of versions, including oiled up.)

It always stood out to be in STO, however, that skin is matte. I'd have thought maybe it was a stylistic choice but the hair and uniforms are NOT typically pure matte and are often leathery. It looks like everyone is wearing HEAVY makeup powder.

I just did Google Image searches for Kirk. Almost every one of them has a shiny face. Spock? Less so but still some. Worf, less so in some but still typically shiny.

What I'd like is a skin shininess slider, like the hair slider. There are other face options I'd like, like isolated wrinkle overlays, blush complexion, and more. But the lack of skin shininess stands out to me.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Makes sense. I hadn't noticed the skin looking dry, but a slider or even a couple drop down options would certainly be useful for creating alien characters.

On that note, a male face texture without 5 o'clock shadow would be VERY welcome. Plenty of hairless alien types need that option IMO. Beard stubble's a bit glaringly out of place when you're building a fishman character.
Captain
# 3
11-25-2012, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by connectamabob View Post
Makes sense. I hadn't noticed the skin looking dry, but a slider or even a couple drop down options would certainly be useful for creating alien characters.

On that note, a male face texture without 5 o'clock shadow would be VERY welcome. Plenty of hairless alien types need that option IMO. Beard stubble's a bit glaringly out of place when you're building a fishman character.
+1

I really hate that I can't remove all facial hair from Voporak. Maybe they'll make an electronic razor item that removes the stubbles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)