Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Commander
# 23
11-25-2012, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markarich View Post
Again, are you actually reading my post all the way through??? Of course there are OTHER ways to get fleet marks(hence my numerous references to GRINDING...and that is what both of you have referenced). Put it this way, take 50 fleet marks away from EVERY single member of a small to mid sized fleet and make them grind everyday for AT LEAST 2 hours to make up for the 50 lost on top of the other fleet mark grind missions you've referenced. I don't know about you, but I have a job and a family- I work 6 days a week for 60 hours a week. Most people over 24 years of age in a small to mid size feet are probably in similar situations(unless they're still living in mommy's basement or on their 2nd and a half year of tax payer funded unemployment or bilking the Social Security Disability program). I was again up to almost 3am last night. The foundry system is BROKEN. The small to mid sized fleet system is being decimated. I know people who loved being in their small fleet until 2 weeks ago; now they've completely given it up - that's detestable!!

The fleet mark situation has to be addressed, it's that simple. The fleet mark requirements for fleet projects are completely disproportionate to the available methods and timeframe it takes to obtain them. The part that I really am scratching my head on this - why are SO many people defending PWE. They are admittedly concerned only about finding ways to make more money off their player base. I've given hundreds of dollars to PWE over the course of my tenure on STO. I want real content for my money, not thinly veiled grindfests.
I'm 45, have a full time job, full time family, and active in other areas. I understand fully and even agree that Fleet Marks are broken and we need other avenues to get them, especially as the leader of a five-person fleet. Dan Stahl has indicated that they are looking for more ways to get them as well.

However, I'm not seeing 2 hours of Foundry to make this happen. 45-60 minutes should do the job. The foundry never was intended as a quickie clickie tool for fast Fleet Marks or loot. Fifteen minutes per mission is not unreasonable at all. Look at all of the official dev storyline content, even patrols and exploration. Fifteen minutes per mission just isn't that big a deal.

I understand your frustration (I used the Nagus dailies often, which averaged between 5-15 minutes). I'll be sorry if they no longer count. But I understand Cryptic's position on this.

I am no fan of grind and refuse to spend overmuch time on it. If that means I don't get the "best" gear, base, or what have you, that's okay. This is a game, not life. If it ceases to be fun on it's own merits, I'll cease to play. The Foundry helps keep the game fun from a storyline aspect. Getting Fleet Marks and Dilithium is a nice perk too. If I want FM and Dil, I'll run three shorter missions. Otherwise, I run a variety of missions of different lengths.

It's not that we're not comprehending, it's that we're not totally agreeing with your position (elements of it yes, but not to the extent you are espousing). I do get discouraged by the grind on occasion (especially if it looks like grind will replace storyline episodes in dev content). But then I step back and realize that's it's really not that important.

But then, I take the long view in MMOs. I'm in no rush. If the journey isn't fun, there's not much point in playing.

[edit]All of us responding in this thread understand that some missions that should be eligible currently are not. This is clearly a bug that Cryptic will need to address. But no one should expect them to even be looking at it over the holiday.

Last edited by broadnax; 11-25-2012 at 07:27 PM.