Captain
# 2031
11-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Pretzels weren't enough oh no..
they've gone and dipped pickles is chocolate and placed of a state fair stick.

BBQ Turkey or the french 1 bottle of wine brazing.. method. like a pork sandwich after..

nice roast potato leeks and fenal sprouts out of a stuffed tato
Beware of Cloaked Romulans Bering Gifts
Career Officer
# 2032
11-23-2012, 06:50 PM
I am tempted to try the deep fried turkey at Christmas. No one in my family really likes the darker meat so using turkey breast would be even easier. Pi, Pi, Pi... I think I have something for your signature.
Captain
# 2033
11-24-2012, 05:47 AM
Oui that would be Haute
Career Officer
# 2034
11-24-2012, 02:29 PM
I can easily make a nice Smith apple and Italian sausage stuffing in a pan if we just use boneless turkey breasts. I might have to pay my grandparents a visit before the buy the stuff to ensure they don't forget anything and to make sure they get exactly what I say they need to get. Every! Single! Time! They forget something! There's my Shatner moment for the day!
Captain
# 2035
11-24-2012, 03:22 PM
hey We forgot the Minced Pie.. somethign that never will be fruit cake re-gifted.
Career Officer
# 2036
11-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Z's fruitcake isn't like any other fruitcake. I would totally eat it, like it, and want MOAR!
Captain
# 2037
11-25-2012, 12:54 PM
The mention of food has made me hungry. Does this thread come with a menu and does it deliver to my area?
Captain
# 2038
11-25-2012, 03:03 PM
a tofu course at a 7 course Asian dinner.. leave more room later for desert..

the Italian version of fruit cake has maybe more alcohol so this eaten right up..

Turkey BACON is ok. if its smoked and cured right it has a nice flavour. . the fat is over played in diet its size portion and draining off to a laird jar like granny used to.. Laird shortening adds layers to baking for fluffy
savory treats .. i mean every folded layer of Chicago deep dish and Danish Pastries like a Philo in a Baklava..
butter spread on with like a cake frosting angel spatula

or French fresh Croissants.. those dough layers and flodign over you get so many layers of nice breake apart goodness.

Last edited by senshibat01; 11-25-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Career Officer
# 2039
11-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Tofu is one of those funny things. One of my ex's used to make amazing eggrolls with firm tofu. I have tried three different kinds of tofu and find the firm is the only one I don't mind. The firm stuff though has more texture and absorbs more flavors from whatever it is cooked with due to having less water in it.

Z's fruitcake isn't like anything I have ever heard about. It's nothing like what mostexpect and I can't wait to try it. It's got marshmellow in it for starters. Off hand, I don't remember all of the stuff that makes it different but it really sounds delicious.

Pizza just doesn't get any better than Chicago Deep Dish! One of these years, I'm going to drag Z off to Chicago for a late night walk along the waterfront and hit one of the few amazing pizza places there for a midnight snack. [=

Turkey bacon cooks faster and makes for a better bacon sandwich and BLT in my opinion. I pepper it before cooking it in the oven. I haven't had a decent piece of French Toast in a while. I like mine made with the thick toast and a good hint of vanilla extract.
Captain
# 2040
11-25-2012, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
Turkey bacon cooks faster and makes for a better bacon sandwich and BLT in my opinion. I pepper it before cooking it in the oven. I haven't had a decent piece of French Toast in a while. I like mine made with the thick toast and a good hint of vanilla extract.
It does microwave better cause it has less fat, but when you're out in the woods and you have the opportunity to slow fry your strips of pig over a smoking fire.....

...Ah..... there's just no comparison!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.