Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 13
# 131
11-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Considering they can one shot my full modded Odyssey operations cruiser (witch by the way shouldn't even be considered to be the enterprise -F class of ship since its weak as hell. I mean they should consider making larger fed cruisers actual battle ships since they're the largest of all the ships. ) I think they are waaaay over powered. Meaning without team coordination and possibly a couple deaths you cant do much . OFC on the flip side it means no more solo hero's, its just annoying that you get insta killed by projectiles out of no place.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 132
11-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f19specter View Post
Considering they can one shot my full modded Odyssey operations cruiser (witch by the way shouldn't even be considered to be the enterprise -F class of ship since its weak as hell. I mean they should consider making larger fed cruisers actual battle ships since they're the largest of all the ships. ) I think they are waaaay over powered. Meaning without team coordination and possibly a couple deaths you cant do much . OFC on the flip side it means no more solo hero's, its just annoying that you get insta killed by projectiles out of no place.
I think you're built wrong if that's indeed the case. I have a tac oddy, and it can take quite a lot of hits from the borg before I even consider blowing any real heals. And if I start to really take the heat, I am still usually fine. Something about 56k hp and 11k shields plus well over 40% damage resistances.

And in an oddy, you should always have an EPtS up. Always. You'll find your shields go down less. And you should always have an Aux2SIF cycling for hull healing. I don't see how you can get one shotted, my oddy has NEVER had that happen. Except from Donatra's thaleron pulse (I had three tractor probes latched on to me -.-).
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 596
# 133
11-25-2012, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
I think you're built wrong if that's indeed the case. I have a tac oddy, and it can take quite a lot of hits from the borg before I even consider blowing any real heals. And if I start to really take the heat, I am still usually fine. Something about 56k hp and 11k shields plus well over 40% damage resistances.

And in an oddy, you should always have an EPtS up. Always. You'll find your shields go down less. And you should always have an Aux2SIF cycling for hull healing. I don't see how you can get one shotted, my oddy has NEVER had that happen. Except from Donatra's thaleron pulse (I had three tractor probes latched on to me -.-).
No, I see Odysseys go boom regularly and I doubt they all have the same builds.
NO to ARC...Make It VOLUNTARY

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 134
11-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezking View Post
No, I see Odysseys go boom regularly and I doubt they all have the same builds.
What? Then you just supported my statement. A properly built oddy will be the one ship that never bothers to die in an STF. I play ESTFs all the time, and my oddy forgets to die on a regular basis (provided I don't pull a: You done @#$%ed up son. moment).

An incorrectly built Odyssey will die often and pathetically. A properly built Odyssey will die seldom and only as a direct result of pilot error.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 13
# 135
11-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Most of my ship has Mk XII consoles, my XII forward arrays and Mk XI aft arrays and four torp launchers two forward two aft. both MK XII. photons qauntums and a plasma.. and the beams I have are anti proton with a full Mk XII MACO build.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 136
11-25-2012, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f19specter View Post
Most of my ship has Mk XII consoles, my XII forward arrays and Mk XI aft arrays and four torp launchers two forward two aft. both MK XII. photons qauntums and a plasma.. and the beams I have are anti proton with a full Mk XII MACO build.
This post tells me 3 things.

1) You need to work on weapon setup for your Odyssey. 4/4 is a terrible setup, not gonna lie. You would be better off 6/2, optimal at 7/1.

2) You are being very mysterious. Mk XII what? Neutroniums? Electroceramic? Monotanium? Diburnium? Tetraburnium? Ablative? You didn't even specify engineering, tactical, science, ANYTHING. Not helpful or useful in any way shape or form.

3) Still not helping because I don't know your BOff setup or what DOffs you run.

Give me the above information, and I can tell you what you're doing wrong, what you're doing right, what needs to change, and what can stay the same. Also I need to know how you fly, how you act, what you do, etc.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 924
every tick is a critical..
it does 500-700 dmg per tick and you die in like 5 seconds..
also it seems when you use HAZ EM to clear the dot, it gets reapplied right after it runs out..
this makes multiple borg ships firing on you more deadly then it used to be.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,416
# 138
11-25-2012, 11:02 PM
Yeah, it's nasty.

And Cruisers really lose out since Engineers do not get an ability to get out of a tractor beam, while Escorts got Omega and Science Polarized Hull. So most Cruisers with a LT Science slot will be forced to have both Polarized Hull and Hazzard Emitters, which leaves less Shield reinforcement through Science Team or Transfer Shields.


I recall seeing a comment by the Devs that some powers were out of balance and wonder if this might be one of them?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 382
# 139
11-25-2012, 11:05 PM
Might be time to log into my liberated borg toon that runs all plasma and try out some PvP.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,742
# 140
11-25-2012, 11:07 PM
If you have 3 spheres firing on you it
Appears that the fires stack

I'm running 2 copy's of HE I'n a defiant and
Shrug it off.......... Most of the time

Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:17 PM.