Captain
# 21
11-25-2012, 07:37 AM
Since I need borg marks anyway it doesn't make sense to get omega marks anywhere but elite stf.

Play one of those, which usually takes less than the optional time limit, and you have marks for 3 gates or nearly a week of downtime.

Of all the marks I think they are the most generous and the last that we should get more of.

Albeit I might change my mind when we get to t5 and see 1 item is 10,000 marks
http://i.imgur.com/7lZe6A0.jpg
We no longer include the forums, or players in general - tacofangs
Captain
# 22
11-26-2012, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Omega marks are easy (probably too easy) to get. On the other hand, Romulan marks are a pain and are very slowly grinded. Mine trap is funny but i can't imagine playing it over and over for 2-3h to buy some gear. Farming Acamar is fine but it's a bit repetitive.

We'd need a tough instance rewarding a lot of Romulan Marks - something similar to a STF. Or maybe just more of it across the board but it seems hard to justify.
Omega marks are easy to get I need to get 250 to get to tier 2 and yes I have done elites suffering damage to my ship.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-26-2012, 03:40 AM
Cryptic needs to be careful now in tweaking things and not to oblige to every single player demand, as players have yet only a short term perspective and tend to overreact.

Omega marks are really relatively easy to get, so what if you can't fill the requirements for an equipment/weapon project in one session of playing 3 hours on 3 or more toons. People want everything NOW. This is not the way it works anymore. If you need to work longer to grind the 500 marks or more for a set item, use the time to slot projects for xp advancement and work on the needed amount during the cooldown.

Also the reduction in Project cooldowns is to be made carefully, because remember, with long cooldown you also have a lot of time to grind the resources for the next project.

Last edited by grievas; 11-26-2012 at 03:45 AM.
Captain
# 24
11-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grievas View Post
Cryptic needs to be careful now in tweaking things and not to oblige to every single player demand, as players have yet only a short term perspective and tend to overreact.

Omega marks are really relatively easy to get, so what if you can't fill the requirements for an equipment/weapon project in one session of playing 3 hours on 3 or more toons. People want everything NOW. This is not the way it works anymore. If you need to work longer to grind the 500 marks or more for a set item, use the time to slot projects for xp advancement and work on the needed amount during the cooldown.

Also the reduction in Project cooldowns is to be made carefully, because remember, with long cooldown you also have a lot of time to grind the resources for the next project.
What is your secret on getting Omega marks easy hmm?I agree to take your time and wanting everything Now but I did have 50 EDC and 40 rare borg salavages.

It is going to take me week or 2 to get that 250.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Survivor of Remus
# 25
11-26-2012, 02:51 PM
Despite having multiple toons, I really only focus on 2 or 3 of them, so I really only need the OMs/RMs/FMs/Dil for those focus 3.

And so far, the current system works out for me.

Though I can see how it would be troubling for someone who focuses on more then that. But most players wont have more then 2 or 3 toons to begin with, much less focus on more then that, so it is unlikely that the system will be redone to suit players who alt it out.

If they did add more marks, those players who already focus on a narrow set of toons will have even way more extra left over marks then they do now. They would become like Expertise points are now, you simply can't spend enough to get rid of them.