Career Officer
# 21
11-10-2012, 11:31 PM
Tim Burton? LMAO! I can see it now.Johnny Depp playing a drunken,foppish,smuggler captain.
How about...Kevin Smith? Only because, if we want to completely crash and burn the franchise,lets do it with a bunch of stoner fart jokes...in a galaxy far, far away....
That redshirt, Totally got vaped!!!
Captain
# 22
11-10-2012, 11:46 PM
Someone we've never heard of and isn't gonna try and put Their Vision on it. Give me Star Wars, not Famous Name's Star Wars.
Empire Veteran
# 23
11-11-2012, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjhunter View Post
How about...Kevin Smith? Only because, if we want to completely crash and burn the franchise,lets do it with a bunch of stoner fart jokes...in a galaxy far, far away....
Kevin Smith is a massive nerd and I'm sure he would do it justice. He grew up as a massive fan and references starwars a lot in his films. Watch any of his interviews or behind the scene stuff. Also they're not all stoner flicks, have you seen Red State?

Check this out
Career Officer
# 24
11-11-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
Kevin Smith is a massive nerd and I'm sure he would do it justice. He grew up as a massive fan and references starwars a lot in his films. Watch any of his interviews or behind the scene stuff. Also they're not all stoner flicks, have you seen Red State?

Check this out
You do understand I'm kidding, right?AMC channel has a reality series based on Kevin Smiths Comic Book store in NJ. I know he is a massive Sci-fi geek.(like all of us).I'm sure if he was given the chance to direct it, he would treat the franchise like the"holiest of holy." and try to do it justice.
That redshirt, Totally got vaped!!!
Commander
# 25
11-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophere View Post
Joss Wheden, no doubt.

Take a look at his work in Avengers... nice balance between tense action and humour. Firefly, you can easily drop some of your favorite original trilogy characters right in there.

He has what Star Wars needs, and it needs to be taken back to where it started.
I second this,

[Edit]: Tell a lie.. the action in Avengers mixed with the character content of Firefly would suffice juuust fine

Because of Firefly. (Yep, I'm reopening THAT wound...)

Great show with characters I could connect with and actually cared about to the point that it ending pretty much pissed me off..

Whereas episode III ending was like somebody removing the knife that was stuck in my arm.

But to answer the OP.. in general.. "Who should direct the next Star Wars movie" my direct answer is "Not George Lucas"
Captain
# 26
11-26-2012, 08:29 AM
As much as I hate Lucas, I'd say he should direct it, for this reason:
Disney own the rights. They would be the Producers, not Lucas... He would just be a director being paid to shoot what they want filmed, not what he feels like filming and thinking he can get away with (Who remember's Padme's foot-slip during the re-taking of the palace? Even a first year film student knows to shoot additional rushes to cut in should such a slip occur...) Just think how utterly humiliating it would be for Lucas to know that he was being Told (like some punk) how to film his own characters and stories. <<< Doesn't even cover how funny it would be to see him humbled like that. No more Juvenile Monarchs, no more incest (lol) and no more of everyone being promoted to General the second they do something...

Other suggestions... Yeah, I'd totally support Whedon in the position of director, same for Kevin Smith (as long as he's kept on a tight leash) I'd also suggest Roland Emmerich and Andrew Niccol ... James Cameron could do a pretty good job of it, as would Sir Ridley Scott. Quentin Tarantino would probably do something interesting with it as well...

I don't think any of the original characters should be re-cast, they should just set Episode VII at a point where the actors ages would be fitting with the character ages, and then focus more on the other younger characters like the Solo Kids (Ashley Greene as Jaina Solo :wub: )

Last edited by marcusdkane; 11-26-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Captain
# 27
11-26-2012, 08:43 AM
As much as I dislike JJ and Whedon I have no fear about either of them messing up my beloved franchise if they were directing the movies ONLY.

I wanna know whose writing the story and screenplay.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf