11-25-2012, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
So did STO.......
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-25-2012, 11:38 PM
Fun to me is an exhilarating fight with little to no cheese.

Fun to me is being assaulted from all sides, with no hope for survival, yet through judicious use of heals, regens, and all sorts of buffs, I take all of their firepower and still come out alive. And for added hilarity, a bit of taunting.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-26-2012, 05:17 AM
Fun is...

- Being able to use my skill to my advantage
- Being forced to pull on all my resources and abilities as a starship commander
- Being able to improve my gameplay or my preparations (build)
- Killing enemies because of my skill
- Being killed because of my lack of skill

Not fun is...
- Not having time to activate my abilities before i'm zappd
- Steamrolling pugs
- Not being able to improve because one IWIN ability>everything else
- Killing enemies that are more skilled than me
- Being killed despite having superior skill
Career Officer
# 14
11-26-2012, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
First, Snoge00f, what is FOTM? I can't quite figure out what you mean.
FOTM, means flavor of the month. It basically refers to the latest power or combination of powers that are irresistible. Kinda like TBR was.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 15
11-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Fun is the most important aspect of any game-- it's why we all play. I had been using plasmonic leech console in pvp's, but some feddies were complaining about it and how their power levels kept dipping to where they couldn't do anything. I know plasmonic leech by itself will not cause this, but Husanak made a a good point in that I can't control what other people on the team are using, so plasmonic leech combined with other power drain abilities could be a bit much. I have since removed the plasmonic leech console because I realize being immobilized is not fun and I'd rather win on skill than a combination of P2W consoles and power drain abilities.
----
@DevolvedOne
Empire Veteran
# 16
11-26-2012, 08:14 PM
I think PvPing Skurf would be fun. They seem like they are about the challenge and not just the win. I can appreciate that.
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Captain
# 17
11-26-2012, 08:31 PM
Fun is:

at the end of a Cap&Hold or Arena, everyone on both sides is willing to say "Good Game", win or lose.

Being underestimated because you're not just in a "Free ship"-but one two tiers lower on the tech scale, and getting that difficult kill after he's wasted half your team. (Cap&Hold, Arena)

making it expensive to spawncamp Ker'rat because people who do that just beg for a tricobalt enema.

feeding some STF Hero his words when you complete CSE ("HIS EVENT") in a Ki'Tang (BoP, Captain rank), with Optional, in spite of being in what he's calling a "JOke build">

Hive Onslaught with the same four buddies you just did Capture and Hold with-doing it on elite, getting all the optionals, then reading how it's "Too Hard" for these STF-Heroes in their expensive pay-ships with pay-consoles and purchased advantages...

Hanging out with your friends on DS9, or the Fleet Starbase, or anywhere (except Drozana), bs'ing and just unwinding and reestablishing those things that MAKE you friends.

Being silly on the Colony invasion map with your friends after you get the optional, including jumping into the water tank and posing for pics.(there ARE some things I miss from that fleet-but this part died before S7 kicked off.)

It's fun to ACTUALLY be able to HELP SOMEONE ELSE OUT. to discover that you 'know a sekrit' that will make their game play more enjoyable, and they actually want to hear it, to be able to say "Yah, I"ll drop into NWS with you!" or "Cap&Hold? I'm there!" and actually be welcomed because they WANT YOU THERE.

Last edited by patrickngo; 11-26-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 18
11-26-2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
FOTM, means flavor of the month. It basically refers to the latest power or combination of powers that are irresistible. Kinda like TBR was.
Ah ok, thanks.

Career Officer
# 19
11-27-2012, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehale View Post
Someone asked this recently in OPvP. I am surprised it didn't make it to the forums so I'm going to steal it. Simply put, how important is fun?

What is your idea of fun?

How important is it to you that other people have fun, including your friends but also your opponents?

Try to think honestly about it please.
It is the whole purpose of our activity in the game. We do all this for fun, and nothing but fun. We are playing games together, so everybody should have fun.

And fun in PvP means, for me, to command your ship in ways you like, optimizing those ways and get the best out of them.
Career Officer
# 20
11-27-2012, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvehero View Post
Fun is...
[...]
- Killing enemies because of my skill
- Being killed because of my lack of skill
[...]
I agree on thais. To me, this almost screams "queues with smaller teams", by the way.