Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 31
11-26-2012, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcfoxtrot View Post
Individual experiences will vary, as I indicated in my original post. Some won't make their cap, others will do it in 6 hours. My own experience has me making my cap in about 2-3 hours of play each day with a combination of DOff'ing, Fleet Actions, and Dailies.

I did want to address this particular point though.



While there are more sinks in Season 7, you do not have to do all of them at the same time. It's entirely up to you with regards to what you want to put resources into. No one is under any pressure to get their Starbase, Embassy, or Reputation to max as fast as possible. That's a pressure they've created themselves if anyone feels that way.
Games are about progress we are all whether we like or not addicted to seeing progress in things we do. It's in our psychological make-up, they know this, it should really be accepted as known by the playerbase too.

We are whether we like it or not under an unconscious pressure progress things... on top that there is the conscious pressure of fleet-mates and the new changes in Season 8 that will add even more to do... just like a game of Tetris we are compelled to cleat the blocks before too many pile up.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 87
# 32
11-26-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Games are about progress we are all whether we like or not addicted to seeing progress in things we do. It's in our psychological make-up, they know this, it should really be accepted as known by the playerbase too.

We are whether we like it or not under an unconscious pressure progress things... on top that there is the conscious pressure of fleet-mates and the new changes in Season 8 that will add even more to do... just like a game of Tetris we are compelled to cleat the blocks before too many pile up.
Patience and discipline, in all things.
Just can't let go of the Excelsior...
Join Date: Aug 2008
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 33
11-26-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcfoxtrot View Post
Patience and discipline, in all things.
One cannot spend a life time taking one step per day up Everest.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 87
# 34
11-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
One cannot spend a life time taking one step per day up Everest.
Probably not, but I'd hardly equate Everest to Star Trek Online.

Relax your play, be patient, employ discipline in how you spend your Dilithium. Stop stressing out about how much you have to spend to complete stuff.
Just can't let go of the Excelsior...
Join Date: Aug 2008
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 35
11-26-2012, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcfoxtrot View Post
Probably not, but I'd hardly equate Everest to Star Trek Online.

Relax your play, be patient, employ discipline in how you spend your Dilithium. Stop stressing out about how much you have to spend to complete stuff.
As I said, the game is devoid of content other than stuff related to skill and item progression. So it's geared to a grind and plays of peoples psychology. Whether you accept that or not it is the reality.

I usually play what I can on the weekends and move on, but the reality for me is if I can't play during the week I won't be able to reach Tier 5 in personal reputation for over a year.

If you can an only queue 2800 points of skill per week... think how long it would take.

The truth is in order to get anywhere in any realistic time you must log in most days.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 87
# 36
11-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
As I said, the game is devoid of content other than stuff related to skill and item progression. So it's geared to a grind and plays of peoples psychology. Whether you accept that or not it is the reality.

I usually play what I can on the weekends and move on, but the reality for me is if I can't play during the week I won't be able to reach Tier 5 in personal reputation for over a year.

If you can an only queue 2800 points of skill per week... think how long it would take.

The truth is in order to get anywhere in any realistic time you must log in most days.
A realistic amount of time is subjective. For you, given your playing habits, you're not satisfied with the return on your time invested. Only way to fight that is to realize, as you are pointing out, that it's using the psychology of a player to get you to keep playing and fill up those buckets.

The reality that should be accepted is that we realize that it's a game and there isn't any value placed on any of the various buckets and they are just indicators of time spent, nothing else.
Just can't let go of the Excelsior...
Join Date: Aug 2008
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 37
11-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcfoxtrot View Post
A realistic amount of time is subjective. For you, given your playing habits, you're not satisfied with the return on your time invested. Only way to fight that is to realize, as you are pointing out, that it's using the psychology of a player to get you to keep playing and fill up those buckets.

The reality that should be accepted is that we realize that it's a game and there isn't any value placed on any of the various buckets and they are just indicators of time spent, nothing else.
The problem is it's an entertainment product, the more they push "bucket-only" content at season release (read Omega Rep, Romulan Rep, Dilithium Dailies) the less entertaining the game will become. The past two weekends have shown me one thing, a lot of people have been turned off from playing, I'm one of them, if it wasn't for the rl money invested in game I doubt I'd be that bothered in even discussing this on the forum, it's sad to see a Star Trek game turn into nothing more than a 2nd job.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,474
# 38
11-26-2012, 11:39 AM
Another thing that seems not to be mentioned are the cooldowns. STF's were once a half hour cooldown and are now an hour. I don't know about the rest of you but I just can't devote hours a day, everyday to grind this game!
Career Officer
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 114
# 39
11-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
I usually play what I can on the weekends and move on, but the reality for me is if I can't play during the week I won't be able to reach Tier 5 in personal reputation for over a year.

If you can an only queue 2800 points of skill per week... think how long it would take.
Around 36 weeks
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,016
# 40
11-26-2012, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
Another thing that seems not to be mentioned are the cooldowns. STF's were once a half hour cooldown and are now an hour. I don't know about the rest of you but I just can't devote hours a day, everyday to grind this game!
This is not true. STFs have always had a 1 hour cooldown.
_____________________
Come join the 44th Fleet.
startrek.44thfleet.com
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:23 PM.