Captain
# 1 EVO suit - one size fits all?
11-26-2012, 01:39 AM
I have some characters that are shorter than normal. Alien species that have the size of a dwarf and just short sized humans etc. When I put them in an EVO suit, they seem to grow. They have a normal length.

Anybody noticed this? Not many have short characters. I do see quite a few long, big characters. What happens with their size when they take on an EVO suit?

Oh, and I do not like, the size altering. Call me an idiot, but I think a lot about creating a character. I spend a lot of time and EC on fine tuning, it is a very important part of my game experience. So when some of those things are changed, well, it feels no longer as my character.
Republic Veteran
# 2
11-26-2012, 01:45 AM
My characters tend to be on the smaller side. I do not see a noticeable when i put the EV suit on them. They still appear short in stature.

I do have one character that is very short. I will stick a suit on them and see if there is a difference.
# 3
11-26-2012, 07:37 AM
My Caitian shrinks when she puts on the suit, so yes i notice a difference.
Career Officer
# 4
11-26-2012, 07:55 AM
When I put my Federation Gorn boff in the suit, he shrinks a lot, down to the size of a human

I think the suit's size limits are just much smaller than the character editor's. My captain who has the suit, who has fairly normal proportions but also pretty broad shoulders and bulky arms, shrinks a bit.

Last edited by futurepastnow; 11-26-2012 at 07:58 AM.
Lieutenant
# 5
11-26-2012, 08:16 AM
I noticed if you turn off the visuals you keep your size, more or less...
Captain
# 6
11-26-2012, 10:17 AM
It is a fact. I checked it with one of my 'dwarves'. Standing next to a normal sized character, considerable smaller without the suit (no visuals), with suit, as large as the character next to it.

Has this always been the case? I have never noticed it doing the 'Boldly they rode' mission. Not much to compare then, since you changed the suit as soon as you entered the station.
Captain
# 7
11-26-2012, 10:29 AM
As I recall, there was a dev post that the reason spacesuits resized people was because of the fact that people can make characters with HUGE heads that would clip with the suits.
Career Officer
# 8
11-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
As I recall, there was a dev post that the reason spacesuits resized people was because of the fact that people can make characters with HUGE heads that would clip with the suits.
Yes but they used reflect body sliders, which allowed me to tell my Gorn in an EV suit from my custom alien Vorta.

A lot of this seems tied to the changes where, among other things, BOs display STF gear.