Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,921
# 61
11-26-2012, 10:28 AM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...hip-sketch.jpg

The Klingon D4 (was replaced by a D7 model in ENT:Unexpected episode )

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ser%2C_aft.jpg

The Klingon D5 from ENT:Marauders


...Just NO MORE healer cruisers PLEASE !!!
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,050
# 62
11-26-2012, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...hip-sketch.jpg

The Klingon D4 (was replaced by a D7 model in ENT:Unexpected episode )
We already got that, it's the Koro't'inga.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,921
# 63
11-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
We already got that, it's the Koro't'inga.
Thought that was a D6, my bad.

A shame it's so weak, it's unusable end-game. As for Cryptis using other games ships I'm sure defunct companys like interplay might sell their designs dirt cheap. But if Cryptic/CBS is insistent about using canon ships- we're skrewed.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,050
# 64
11-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Thought that was a D6, my bad.
I think I've read that somewhere in the STO Wiki too, but it's a wiki and everything there should be taken with a grai...strike that, a truckload of salt.
Whether it's a D4 or D6 doesn't really matter since it's supposed to be more advanced than the K't'inga and that's nonsense either way.

In any case, when you take closer look it's the exact same ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
A shame it's so weak, it's unusable end-game.
But shouldn't the skin be available on the Fleet K't'inga since it's a T3 battlecruiser, just like the Vor'kang skin is available in the Vor'cha Retro and the Fleet Vor'cha/Tor'kaht when you have it purchased?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
As for Cryptis using other games ships I'm sure defunct companys like interplay might sell their designs dirt cheap. But if Cryptic/CBS is insistent about using canon ships- we're skrewed.
HMM, that's a good question.
Would it be cheaper to buy them than to build new ships themselves?
If so why the heck has nobody ever done it?
Why for example does Star Fleet Command 3 not contain even a single Interplay ship from SFC2?

And thinking of it, Cryptic would still need to rebuild them.
The models from Klingon Academy for example are unusable outside the KA engine since they contain the damaged parts in the same model.
This creates severe clipping errors.
A few years back I tried to convert the Emperor from Klingon Academy for BotF (after extracting the KA.DAT with the extractor for Fallout 1, they use the same format), in the end I completely rebuilt the model since it was impossible to convert.

And it seems Interplay is not as defunct as one might think

http://www.interplay.com/games/comingsoon.php

Last edited by misterde3; 11-26-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,921
# 65
11-26-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post

But shouldn't the skin be available on the Fleet K't'inga since it's a T3 battlecruiser, just like the Vor'kang skin is available in the Vor'cha Retro and the Fleet Vor'cha/Tor'kaht when you have it purchased?
I thought about trying it out, but for the zen price of all the pieces it wasn't worth my time grinding, for a ship unusable by my tac/pvp toon.

I even feel guilty about buying that klink fighter this weekend as the free toron is more than it's match, but the fighter sure is fun to fly.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?

Last edited by lordmalak1; 11-26-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,050
# 66
11-26-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
I thought about trying it out, but for the zen price of all the pieces it wasn't worth my time grinding, for a ship unusable by my tac/pvp toon.

I even feel guilty about buying that klink fighter this weekend as the free toron is more than it's match, but the fighter sure is fun to fly.
Okay, I just checked and I can confirm, the Kor't'inga would be available on the Fleet K't'inga

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/7585/fleetktinga.jpg

Question would be whether you'd want it with the Fleet K't'inga's stats or not...
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 36
# 67
11-26-2012, 02:38 PM
So my Klingon Tac Captain is nearing Level 40...

I've been frustrating by the surprising lack of selection for Klingon Tac Cap's at Level 40 when I visit the shipyards; partly one of the reasons I started this thread...

I honestly did not expect as many responses and now that the Holiday is over and I've had a chance to read through the thread, I must say I'm surprised and quite pleased with everyone's replies here, and more so surprised to see it still at the top of the forum!

Yes, absolutely more Gorn and Orion ships as well... I've noticed some of you pointing out the number of these that exist within the Game which are not playable.

Are there any Gorn and Orion ships that have been depicted on screen or in any of the official books that, that is not in the game, anyone knows of?

I was just as frustrated with my lack of options at Level 30. There were in my opinion only 2 ships that fit my play style; the Pach Raptor and the Scourge Destroyer... and I chose to go with the Scourge. Now, getting close to Level 40, I'm noticing that there really is nothing really available as a comparable upgrade from that Destroy, other then going back to the only Raptor available at Level 40... and that, is likely going to end up being my last Klingon ship for a very long time considering ya don't get another 'freebie' ship at Level 50 and I likely won't be able to but any more C-Store ships for along while yet...

I would love to see a D5 or D6 variant added at some point...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 249
# 68
11-26-2012, 03:37 PM
Well, there is a whole in the Nausicaan ship line. It could be filled with this ship:
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Nausicaan_raider

Good thing is: a) its canon b) it's already ingame as destroyer escort for NPC's.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,921
# 69
11-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyarlathotep75 View Post
I was just as frustrated with my lack of options at Level 30. There were in my opinion only 2 ships that fit my play style; the Pach Raptor and the Scourge Destroyer... and I chose to go with the Scourge. Now, getting close to Level 40, I'm noticing that there really is nothing really available as a comparable upgrade from that Destroy, other then going back to the only Raptor available at Level 40... and that, is likely going to end up being my last Klingon ship for a very long time considering ya don't get another 'freebie' ship at Level 50 and I likely won't be able to but any more C-Store ships for along while yet...

I would love to see a D5 or D6 variant added at some point...
The Pach is a great ship, i flew it deep into lvl 50 range and did STF's in it with aegis gear until the pre S7 gear rush. The Pach didn't kill fast enough for edc farming in the 3 weeks leading up to S7 launch, so upgraded to the Qin. I REALLY hope for a Fleet Pach someday !
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 36
# 70
11-26-2012, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
The Pach is a great ship, i flew it deep into lvl 50 range and did STF's in it with aegis gear until the pre S7 gear rush. The Pach didn't kill fast enough for edc farming in the 3 weeks leading up to S7 launch, so upgraded to the Qin. I REALLY hope for a Fleet Pach someday !
I am curious... Why did you chose to keep using the Pach Raptor; a Level 30 T3 ship, instead of grabbing the T4 Qin Raptor?

Even through you did eventually upgrade to the Qin during the weeks leading up to S7's launch, I'm still curious about what, in your opinion made the Pach a better option for you to keep flying it deep into your lvl 50 range before S7?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:56 AM.