Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 11
11-26-2012, 05:06 AM
I was really excited from september's ask cryptic, and then this one came out and it sounds like he's already backing away from what he said. So until I see otherwise, STO is simply something to do till ESO comes out.

And not another cent will be spent by me until I see some progress with the KDF.
Lynis, Orion Engineer, main
Rrezeth, Gorn Tactical, primary alt
Nari, Orion Science, secondary alt
Empire Veteran
# 12
11-26-2012, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoriansrus View Post
yeah I do Roach... and somehow it seems fitting with the current state of the game....
Sadly, I must agree.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 13
11-26-2012, 09:33 AM
Went to play 'the vault' FE mission on my fed toon for some gear, and having never played my fed toon beyond midway thru the first FE (kilngon war) I was stunned at how many missions are in the romulan arc- about 20 compared to the KDF side that has 5.

WTF Cryptic ?

No wonder nobody but diehards want to play a KDF toon- there's NO CONTENT there.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Empire Veteran
# 14
11-26-2012, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Went to play 'the vault' FE mission on my fed toon for some gear, and having never played my fed toon beyond midway thru the first FE (kilngon war) I was stunned at how many missions are in the romulan arc- about 20 compared to the KDF side that has 5.

WTF Cryptic ?

No wonder nobody but diehards want to play a KDF toon- there's NO CONTENT there.
and a lot of those Diehards are starting to leave for a better experience, even if its not Klingon themed.
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 15
11-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
and a lot of those Diehards are starting to leave for a better experience, even if its not Klingon themed.
KDF forum was never very big but now it's like a ghost town. maybe that 16% is down to 12% now? - who knows Mr Stahl's real "plan" for the KDF could be "working as intended"
Captain
# 16
11-26-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
That's actually quite true, as like it or not, STO has COMPETITION now from very decent F2P titles.

First there's Star Wars The Old Republic, even despite the insane restrictions that it puts on F2P toons, I've had a lot of fun and actually been rewarded for exploring the lush environments that are offered in that game, two unique and distinct factions that feel different to one another, been to social areas that have been fun to kick around at, oh and best of all, been REWARDED for PVP! If I'm honest, I prefer the PvP more in STO however Cryptic can't see a golden opportunity in front of them if it came up and slapped them in the face. Lots of cons that kill that game though, mainly EA's greed.

Second on list is Mechwarrior Online which I believe the majority of the PvP crowd are now leaving to go play. A lot of fun, devs seem to have a decent reputation with the community (Cryptic devs have near zero respect with KDF and PvP players, that's still a significant chunk of players that gives Cryptic a bad rep) Plus lots of content appears to be coming that people are asking for.

Third is Star Citizen, which is a Sci-Fi Space Sim which will feature a MMO like persistent universe functionality being developed by Chris Roberts; which although is funded by kickstarter and is at least two years away, has the potential to literally blow most MMO's especially space sci-fi ones to dust if it delivers the freedom of choice and sandbox experience it promises.

Those are the three major contenders I can personally think of. It's just something I felt worth mentioning; mainly that there is significant competition.

Last edited by vitzh; 11-26-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Captain
# 17
11-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitzh View Post
That's actually quite true, as like it or not, STO has COMPETITION now from very decent F2P titles.

First there's Star Wars The Old Republic, even despite the insane restrictions that it puts on F2P toons, I've had a lot of fun and actually been rewarded for exploring the lush environments that are offered in that game, two unique and distinct factions that feel different to one another, been to social areas that have been fun to kick around at, oh and best of all, been REWARDED for PVP! If I'm honest, I prefer the PvP more in STO however Cryptic can't see a golden opportunity in front of them if it came up and slapped them in the face. Lots of cons that kill that game though, mainly EA's greed.

Second on list is Mechwarrior Online which I believe the majority of the PvP crowd are now leaving to go play. A lot of fun, devs seem to have a decent reputation with the community (Cryptic devs have near zero respect with KDF and PvP players, that's still a significant chunk of players that gives Cryptic a bad rep) Plus lots of content appears to be coming that people are asking for.

Third is Star Citizen, which is a Sci-Fi Space Sim which will feature a MMO like persistent universe functionality being developed by Chris Roberts; which although is funded by kickstarter and is at least two years away, has the potential to literally blow most MMO's especially space sci-fi ones to dust if it delivers the freedom of choice and sandbox experience it promises.

Those are the three major contenders I can personally think of. It's just something I felt worth mentioning; mainly that there is significant competition.
There is also a new F2P called Planetside 2 - that just went live - don't know anything about it though. STO has been my only MMO so far - I still like the game and have lots invested - it's hard to want to let go of something when you have invested so much time/money/emotion - perhaps that's why there are still a KDF around.
Empire Veteran
# 18
11-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
KDF forum was never very big but now it's like a ghost town. maybe that 16% is down to 12% now? - who knows Mr Stahl's real "plan" for the KDF could be "working as intended"
Thats possible. Only Dan knows for sure.
Captain
# 19
11-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Thats possible. Only Dan knows for sure.
Makes the most logical sense to me - constant broken promises - just wait for the next never-ending season = a slow bleed off of the KDF player base

If season 8 actually sees no KDF improvements - that number could drop below 10%

Then all he has to do then is say - well not enough people are playing KDF so its not viable to do any improvements. Problem solves itself for him over time with no money invested.

Player :"Mr Stahl please keep your promise to improve the KDF!"

Mr Stahl : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4
Captain
# 20
11-26-2012, 05:55 PM
For the past few weeks, I been using my KDF as a Dilithium Farmer. And using my Fed for the story line.

I agree lack of content is very depressing playing KDF. I finally got me a new modem. So I will finally try some Foundry missions with my KDF. To see if that is better offering than the lack of STO story.