Captain
# 21
10-18-2012, 04:36 PM
A thought occurred to me as I was plugging away. Season 7 is, in fact, pushing pretty fast and they may make a November Launch date.

If foundry editing is put out of commission for an extended period with this launch will there be a time extension? Or does that depend on how many of us are effected?
Career Officer
# 22
10-25-2012, 11:22 PM
sorry about the delay in getting back to this thread. it got a bit lost. If the foundry goes down, the contest will be extended 1 day for each day it's down. Hopefully, it won't go down, but that remains to be seen. Good luck !
Empire Veteran
# 23
11-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soriedem View Post
sorry about the delay in getting back to this thread. it got a bit lost. If the foundry goes down, the contest will be extended 1 day for each day it's down. Hopefully, it won't go down, but that remains to be seen. Good luck !
Well said. We will not let downtime penalize participants.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
11-04-2012, 08:35 AM
Brandon said in another post:
'We've not announced the launch date for Season 7, but we'll be going through the same precautionary measures with the Foundry as we have for past seasons -- except, we're hoping for much shorter downtime durations Zero and I will work together to provie more information and communication (similar to last Season's release) as we get closer to launch of New Romulus.'

So if Season 7 comes out soon, there will be a downtime.
Captain
# 25
11-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Pah, I'm no Klingon writer, but... for a chance at getting a timeship/shuttle, I'm sure I can whip something up. Might even tie it into my existing storyline! (yes, the one that got put on hold because of a CTD issue caused by a key element of my mission design.)

May the best man, that is, Klingon, win!

Qapla'!

Edit: Okay... turns out making my own enviroments is a LOT trickier than it seems. Where's half of the assets I've seen other authors use, anyway?!

Not to mention that 90% of the systems I can choose from either don't have a map template or don't have a mission gate assigned to them. I chose Gorath, only to find out that Norgh was the only system to have an assigned gate AND a map template. How stupid is that?

I guess I have to drop out of the contest... good luck with yours, guys.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.

Last edited by dalolorn; 11-04-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Ensign
# 26
11-05-2012, 03:39 AM
Bah, can't edit my previous post from this account.

I -might- do something after all... got something bugging me in a small corner of my brain, and it looks doable unlike my previous idea.
- Dalo Lorn's school account.
Captain
# 27
11-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Hah! Not only did I make a decent mission (if I do say so myself, which I just did.), my very first custom space map, AND overcome several limitations of the Foundry for the first (again, for me) time, but I also managed to tie it into my previous storyline after all!

And better yet, make quite an adventure. Even too much of an adventure - I'd optimistically say it'd take an hour, not 30-45 minutes as requested by the competition.

Oh well.

Mission name: A Rescue in Time
Minimum level: Any? Is that possible when using Romulans, Devidians (for a bossfight that isn't really Devidian) and True Way??
Description: Oh come on, read it yourself. I don't have time to quote it right now.

Edit: @handle: dalolorn

For the record, I don't expect to win. I'm not even sure I can hit top 5. But what the heck, if it bombs, I can just delete it should the mission slot be required.

Re-edit: Oookay... if I don't fix these bugs, I'm going to be the worst map released for this contest. THE STORY WON'T PROGRESS!
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.

Last edited by dalolorn; 11-06-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Captain
# 28
11-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Well, the deadline's approaching. I'd better take a bandage and fix the bugs, at the expense of story. Sadly.
Captain
# 29
11-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Just to be sure, I was of the impression the deadline would be pushed back as many weeks as we lost editing.

Meaning we'd have another two weeks tagged on to Dec 1st, making it Dec 14th. Is that still true?
Survivor of Romulus
# 30
11-26-2012, 01:44 PM
On the plus side, latest Tribble notes say the temporal ships are being added to the Foundry. No idea when that'll go up on holodeck though.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic