Lt. Commander
# 11
11-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Just create a toon called logout. Kill him and screenshot the line of combat log. I'm actually tempted to do it, as a personal achievement.
Already did it.. it was nice to see Talon jonas was defeated by logout jones

Quote of the week:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
a pure cannon build is always less effective than original starfleet specs

correct build is as it comes out of the factory
Career Officer
# 12
11-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgrandalthor View Post
So yea i would like to have logout in pvps count as a kill! When a player in a pvp use logout it should just add one nice little kill point for the other team!

Talon Jones was defeated by logout. < want to see that!
Yes, please. That "bro" would never queue up again if he didn't have an out for his constant fail.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Rihannsu
# 13
11-26-2012, 11:27 AM
So.. if this were to penalize people for Logging out....

I guess the other team would win when ever he showed up wouldn't they?

That's ok, at least he believes he can beat us all up in real life... And likes to call us names I can't repeat here with out getting a violation.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
So.. if this were to penalize people for Logging out....

I guess the other team would win when ever he showed up wouldn't they?

That's ok, at least he believes he can beat us all up in real life... And likes to call us names I can't repeat here with out getting a violation.
Not just beat up, but kill. He told me he was gonna track my ip and come kill me. Our forums have a thread started for me to check in everyday in case he gets me...lol. His big threat was I wouldn't see him coming. I'm assuming its because if I saw him coming and fought back, he'd evasive and run his ass away...
Rihannsu
# 15
11-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by upyournacelles2 View Post
not Just Beat Up, But Kill. He Told Me He Was Gonna Track My Ip And Come Kill Me. Our Forums Have A Thread Started For Me To Check In Everyday In Case He Gets Me...lol. His Big Threat Was I Wouldn't See Him Coming. I'm Assuming Its Because If I Saw Him Coming And Fought Back, He'd Evasive And Run His Ass Away...
:d Lolz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
# 16
11-26-2012, 01:15 PM
There are ways of intentionally DCing w/o using logout/change character options.

Also, generally speaking w/networked games there's usually ways to cause delays for everyone in the match. Idk, cryptic's methods for dealing w/this, but wouldn't assume you couldn't be DC'd via desync by another player.

My experience w/STO is while generally DCs aren't common when they happen, they happen in bunches and wouldn't want people to be punished b/c of Cryptic's failing.

Also, depending on where the players are phsyically located relative to Cryptic there may be enough of a latancy differential between players where a desync happens and people are lagged out.

It would be better just to have a timer that leaves DC'd/logged out players in a match for a set time, eg 15-60 seconds, so there's an opportunity to kill them.
Career Officer
# 17
11-26-2012, 01:27 PM
rely rl threats lol o please find me i am board ill even tell him where i am at ha!
Empire Veteran
# 18
11-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by upyournacelles2 View Post
Not just beat up, but kill. He told me he was gonna track my ip and come kill me. Our forums have a thread started for me to check in everyday in case he gets me...lol. His big threat was I wouldn't see him coming. I'm assuming its because if I saw him coming and fought back, he'd evasive and run his ass away...
Well thats just silly. If he was so good with a PC he could do far worse than death to you.

Is he also a noob at RL threats?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Well thats just silly. If he was so good with a PC he could do far worse than death to you.

Is he also a noob at RL threats?
Good point....

I assume you mean putting a parental lock on my CPU...? Lol
Commander
# 20
11-26-2012, 04:22 PM
I don't know what kind of effort or tech it would require to make happen, but you'd think that they could find a way to keep a player on the server for a short time after logging. Being unable to log during combat, or establishing a short count down rather than having an instantaneous log out.

There has to be some way to disincentivize this kind of behavior.