Ensign
# 21
11-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
theres always the EC option, but regardless someone payed ZEN for it
This may seem a redundant question, but can you get fleet modules on Tribble? I'm not seeing a purchase option on the Zstore there.
Empire Veteran
# 22
11-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Quote:
theres always the EC option, but regardless someone payed ZEN for it
True, someone payed ZEN for the modules. But I don't see your point. If nobody would spend ZEN the game would die.
In the end we have the option to buy the ship for 2500 ZEN or something about 25mil EC (or combine both options). We can also get ZEN via dilithium pretty cheap at the moment.

While 2500 ZEN seems a bit much, they kind of had to make it a bit more expensive than the normal version. Let's assume they sold the new b'rel for 4 modules and 1 if you have the old one. Now that would mean the fleet version (yes only a single unlock) costs the same as the normal one. So anybody who got the b'rel already might feel cheated, because he got the inferior product for the same price. And he still has to pay to get an upgrade.
Now with 5 modules, buying a normal b'rel and a fleet version costs the same as only a fleet version. So everyone who already got one will be happy.

Also the EC price is about 25mil. Now that is still way cheaper than a lockbox ship, which also is a single char unlock. Further it is cheaper than a DHC MK XII [acc]x3

Cryptics ship pricing is pretty high in general. But with the system they are using so far that price seems the only logical conclusion. And thanks to people who are offering ZEN stuff in the exchange or are selling ZEN via dilithium we can still get everything without paying anything.

But I am sad that there is no guramba
Empire Veteran
# 23
11-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukdivefire View Post
This may seem a redundant question, but can you get fleet modules on Tribble? I'm not seeing a purchase option on the Zstore there.
no you cant, i checked. but it doesn't mater though, your fleet isnt on tribble with its ship yard
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Ensign
# 24
11-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
no you cant, i checked. but it doesn't mater though, your fleet isnt on tribble with its ship yard
Darn :/ Thanks for confirming that. I joined a fleet with tier 3 shipyard unlocked on Tribble with the hope of seeing the Fleet Excelsior at 1 Fleet module, but no luck there, still 5 (yes I own the tier 5 Excelsior). Seems testing these ships may be a little tricky.
Captain
# 25
11-26-2012, 05:46 PM
1 Eng for the B'rel keeps it from being 1000% better than the Ho'sus, letting it keep its niche.

Also, EBC+Plasma/Transphasic torps can get pretty silly, powering up those weapons in its hands is probably not a great idea.

Is it too much to ask for a Fleet Sovvy with the Sovvy's BOff layout? I mean, yes, you can get *some* mileage out of the Regent as a 2 Aux2Bat ship (for PvE, that's non-stop FAW+Torp Spread+DEM3+Beta/Delta 2 goodness) but c'mon, for PvP that BOff layout is terribad. Not being able to run Warp Plasma+DEM+RSP at their global cooldowns sucks, and you don't even get the extra Engineering team from the Excelsior to laugh off VM.

FAW and Arrays both being steaming piles of mediocrity for damage output doesn't help in the least.
Captain
# 26
11-26-2012, 05:48 PM
Oh Excel I've missed you sooo much old girl. Past lovers always return. I will grab two bottles of Bacardi and sip them from a glass glazed in pub tears, sitting on your beautiful long nacelles and swinging my legs about into space. You will hum with the mechanical strength of a 10-console, 1.1 shield mod (8 turn) god and all will be right with the universe.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Empire Veteran
# 27
11-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrimcorsair View Post
1 Eng for the B'rel keeps it from being 1000% better than the Ho'sus, letting it keep its niche.

Also, EBC+Plasma/Transphasic torps can get pretty silly, powering up those weapons in its hands is probably not a great idea.

Is it too much to ask for a Fleet Sovvy with the Sovvy's BOff layout? I mean, yes, you can get *some* mileage out of the Regent as a 2 Aux2Bat ship (for PvE, that's non-stop FAW+Torp Spread+DEM3+Beta/Delta 2 goodness) but c'mon, for PvP that BOff layout is terribad. Not being able to run Warp Plasma+DEM+RSP at their global cooldowns sucks, and you don't even get the extra Engineering team from the Excelsior to laugh off VM.

FAW and Arrays both being steaming piles of mediocrity for damage output doesn't help in the least.
the fleet heavy cruiser already serves as the fleet sov basically. and wile it doesn't quite have 10% better stats, it turns 1 better.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 28
11-26-2012, 06:25 PM
Quote:
the fleet heavy cruiser already serves as the fleet sov basically. and wile it doesn't quite have 10% better stats, it turns 1 better.
True enough, I just really like the look of the Sovvy. Dat Regent though... what a POS. The only reason to buy it is the torp. $25 for a torpedo with 180 degree firing arc.
Captain
# 29
11-26-2012, 06:48 PM
For a few seconds I got really excited about the fleet regent and excelsior, then I remembered they're "DPS" Fed cruisers. I'd love them for PvE and a more Trek feel, but I'll not bring them within an inch of PvP unless I get seriously bored.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 52 Engineer - Eclipse
Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
Captain
# 30
11-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orondis View Post
For a few seconds I got really excited about the fleet regent and excelsior, then I remembered they're "DPS" Fed cruisers. I'd love them for PvE and a more Trek feel, but I'll not bring them within an inch of PvP unless I get seriously bored.
That's strange of you to say in particular Daizen, if you throw an Eng into a destroyer-type 'scort like the Batman boat you're basically getting the same result as a Taxcelsior.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples