Captain
# 21
11-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
I dont.

The B'rel is given no choice but to fire under cloak, having a 4th Eng console is pointless (unless its were you dumping a universal console there) since in no way its of any actual use due to its low armor, it would be preferable to have a 4th Tactical console or even a 4th Science console.

On and it requires a T5 shipyard ... well I guess that is good news because almost nobody will have a chance to try out the KDF version of the Fleet Aquarius.
hmmm...Roach likes the Stats, which makes this more and more interesting, I guess I'll have to do some rolling on Tribble for a while...
Rihannsu
# 22
11-26-2012, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
hmmm...Roach likes the Stats, which makes this more and more interesting, I guess I'll have to do some rolling on Tribble for a while...
So what if he likes the stats?

You are talking about the B'rel here, a ship that cannot funtion outside being a torpedo boat so what are you using for a 4th Eng console?

Are you going Monotanium/Diburnium/Electroceramic/Parametallic since its its ONLY use, you dont need anything on Eng on a BoP because its not a cruiser, its quick hit-and-run ship and the B'rel is even worst because it have not much hull, running with those consoles means you just brought yourself maybe 2-4 more seconds.

Now look at Tactical ... more Torpedo damage, now look at Science ... more Science or Shields that are nice.

There is nothing interesting about it unless its a dump slot for Universals.
Commander
# 23
11-26-2012, 08:37 PM
That same 4th engineering console could be used for:

SIF Generator: to help repair your ass while you GTFO and cloak up

Bam! Another use for that 4th Engineering Console.

And also, the B'rel can used Bridge officer and Captain abilities that can't be used under just some normal Battle Cloak. So you could raise up the ships damage resistance even more with Hazard Emitters, Auxiliary to Structural Integrity, and other abilities.

And why you all ******** about this in the first place? We finally have Fleet ships that you can potentially have a discount on, both have been asked for since Season Six, and now that Cryptic has given them to you, you want to ***** about it?

Mick Jagger is right: "You can't get no satisfaction"
Captain
# 24
11-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
So what if he likes the stats?

You are talking about the B'rel here, a ship that cannot funtion outside being a torpedo boat so what are you using for a 4th Eng console?

Are you going Monotanium/Diburnium/Electroceramic/Parametallic since its its ONLY use, you dont need anything on Eng on a BoP because its not a cruiser, its quick hit-and-run ship and the B'rel is even worst because it have not much hull, running with those consoles means you just brought yourself maybe 2-4 more seconds.

Now look at Tactical ... more Torpedo damage, now look at Science ... more Science or Shields that are nice.

There is nothing interesting about it unless its a dump slot for Universals.
You're going to laugh very, much.

I don't have any "Universals" to put in there. No P2W consoles whatsoever.

Like I said, I'm going to have a look for myself, instead of relying on theoretical "Experts" whom likely don't fly BoPs to begin with, or did so so far in the distant past that all their knowledge to date is theoretical only.

Please note?

Normal Ride's a Fleet Norgh...yeah, the one with less hull than a runabout.

Last edited by patrickngo; 11-26-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Captain
# 25
11-26-2012, 09:01 PM
Quote:
But there are some interesting possibilities off of 4 engineering consoles on a ship that already has a good turn rate. I'd suggest asking Thissler to check it out for building advice...and quit whining, you already KNEW they'd never give you a FLeet Defiant/Bugship Killer, with zero development staff playing KDF at any time.

Yeah, gimmicky nonsense builds. Klingon's don't have enough meat and potatos to be serving us strawberry shortcake. And no, I don't know that they'll never give us a 5 tac console equivalent(I didn't realize having a decent equivilent of a 5 tac ship was a "Bug killer"). I have no idea how you get the idea that asking for decent ships is whining, so you can go fly a kite.

Last edited by xantris; 11-26-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Captain
# 26
11-26-2012, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91 View Post
That same 4th engineering console could be used for:

SIF Generator: to help repair your ass while you GTFO and cloak up

Bam! Another use for that 4th Engineering Console.

And also, the B'rel can used Bridge officer and Captain abilities that can't be used under just some normal Battle Cloak. So you could raise up the ships damage resistance even more with Hazard Emitters, Auxiliary to Structural Integrity, and other abilities.

And why you all ******** about this in the first place? We finally have Fleet ships that you can potentially have a discount on, both have been asked for since Season Six, and now that Cryptic has given them to you, you want to ***** about it?

Mick Jagger is right: "You can't get no satisfaction"
A SIF generator. Are you kidding me?

Cause it's terrible. It takes a gimmicky ship and makes it even more gimmicky, and it doesn't even improve it's functionality because it gives it a retardo extra console. I don't give a damn about discounts, i want a decent ship that I might actually buy.

Last edited by xantris; 11-26-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Commander
# 27
11-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
A SIF generator. Are you kidding me?

Cause it's terrible. It takes a gimmicky ship and makes it even more gimmicky, and it doesn't even improve it's functionality because it gives it a retardo extra console. I don't give a damn about discounts, i want a decent ship that I might actually buy.
Still doesn't require ******** about it. You can express your discontent without so much rage.

BTW no, I'm not kidding you about the SIF Generator. A small boost can spell the difference between living to blow things up another day and your assailant bathing in your debris. Same with a 4th engineering console being used for armor: even a small difference can mean staying alive

Last edited by cliftona91; 11-26-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Captain
# 28
11-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
Yeah, gimmicky nonsense builds. Klingon's don't have enough meat and potatos to be serving us strawberry shortcake. And no, I don't know that they'll never give us a 5 tac console equivalent(I didn't realize having a decent equivilent of a 5 tac ship was a "Bug killer"). I have no idea how you get the idea that asking for decent ships is whining, so you can go fly a kite.
Your problem is, "Decent Ship" is a pure matter of Definition and is highly influenced by (surprise) what you prefer to fly NOW.

For instance, I find Raptors and Cruisers to be pretty much too annoying to ever use-even specced for turn, it takes them too long to bring nose-to-bear and accelleration tends to be on the 'suck side', (aka yelling "Send men out to PUSH!!!")

From MY perspective, the Hegh'ta is a decent ship, the Fleet Norgh is a Decent Ship, hell, even the stock "Ki'Tang" is a decent ship.

But Raptors? Garbage. Half-ass Cruisers pretending to be more useful than they really are. The 1000 day ship for KdF: is a Raptor with a Uni console and Battlecloak.

Cruisers now?

The Tor'Khat might be okay...for a cruiser, which is to say, a fat raptor with the same defects plus some extra slots.

Vor'cha? Send those boys out to push on the NOSE! she's stuck again.

Bortasque-just...give up. driving this is like driving a city bus with flat tyres and bad brakes. Half an hour of playing with this POS and I was ready to log off using a hammer.

Now that we've established some perspective from THIS side of the screen...

The stats on the Fleet B'Rel give it more hull than a Hegh'ta. (this would be a plus)
More consoles too. (Likewise a plus, if you can't figure out what to use there, you don't kinow your game mechanics as well as you think you do.)

better turn rate? check
Same weapons slots?" Check
Improved BC? gimmicky, but not the end-all of the design.

based on the B'rel Retrofit (which I got thanks to being a lifer-natch!) it's got a better shield multiplier than any other BoP, better hull, better mass/turn ratio and average to good Boff positions.

to ME, that's pretty decent. To a guy whose standard is "Stand and Deliver in a cruiser and/or carrier" it's probably not.

It's ALL about Perspective, man...
Captain
# 29
11-27-2012, 12:58 AM
Quote:
I don't have any "Universals" to put in there. No P2W consoles whatsoever.
Universal consoles does not mean P2W consoles. There are plenty of consoles you can buy from the exchange, mission rewards, or from the reputation store.

For instance, you could buy cross faction consoles from the exchange. Assimilated Module, as far as I can tell, can still be earned from Assimilated, or can be bought from the Omega store. Zero-Point Energy Conduit can also be bought from the Romulan reputation store.
Captain
# 30
11-27-2012, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91 View Post
Still doesn't require ******** about it. You can express your discontent without so much rage.

BTW no, I'm not kidding you about the SIF Generator. A small boost can spell the difference between living to blow things up another day and your assailant bathing in your debris. Same with a 4th engineering console being used for armor: even a small difference can mean staying alive

You know as well as I do that nobody is going to use that extra ENG console for an armor or SIF console. It's going to be used as a universal console, because a SIF or armor console on a 24k hull ship is such a marginal difference that its nearly negligible. That was my point.

Last edited by xantris; 11-27-2012 at 01:31 AM.