Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,354
As simple as what the title says.

For me:

Complete rebalance of powers
Quality control
Customer engagement
Grind reduction

For me, doing the above properly will remedy all the main things that made me cancel my sub.
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 663
# 2
11-27-2012, 06:59 AM
For me:

Return to 1.2 and make all them <insert OP comsole here< only equippable on the native ship.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 856
# 3
11-27-2012, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
For me:

Return to 1.2 and make all them <insert OP comsole here< only equippable on the native ship.
Yeah, we told them that making special consoles truly universal was a bad idea. They didn't listen.

This one change/reversion would be enough to bring me back full time. Stacked console abilities are the main source of reduced fun for me.
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,360
# 4
11-27-2012, 07:15 AM
Decent rewards that don't require silly amounts of time to obtain. Yes, the time spent in the new mystery queues do count towards the total time.

So, instead of:

1) Queue up for Arena/Capture wait 5-10 minutes.

2) Play the "insane dps glass cannons" vs "unkillable cruiser tanks" song and dance for effing EVER until whatever goal is reached.

3) Rinse and repeat THREE TIMES, collect 1,400 dilithium.


I'm suggesting either increase the reward, or chop it up into pieces so you get a little bit after every match, not just groups of 3.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 272
# 5
11-27-2012, 07:17 AM
Rebalance of cruisers and science ships. While the game shouldn't be cruisers online like it was circa season 3 it shouldn't be escorts online either.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,329
# 6
11-27-2012, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonfl View Post
Yeah, we told them that making special consoles truly universal was a bad idea. They didn't listen. [...]
What incentive would there have been to buy the lower-tier ships then? Business-wise, it was a good decision, and one they won't take back (just look at the lockbox consoles, which are the same thing, after all).

A certain re-vamp of some of the powers so that they are all equally valuable per their boff rank level would be nice indeed, but I don't need it to have fun with the game.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 663
# 7
11-27-2012, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
What incentive would there have been to buy the lower-tier ships then? Business-wise, it was a good decision, and one they won't take back (just look at the lockbox consoles, which are the same thing, after all).
Long live the Allmighty God all US game companies worships: The dollar.

So sad that what actually keeps players in the game must take the backseat.


I think the Crypt`Hadars motto is: Money is life!
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,711
# 8
11-27-2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
Decent rewards that don't require silly amounts of time to obtain. Yes, the time spent in the new mystery queues do count towards the total time.

So, instead of:

1) Queue up for Arena/Capture wait 5-10 minutes.

2) Play the "insane dps glass cannons" vs "unkillable cruiser tanks" song and dance for effing EVER until whatever goal is reached.

3) Rinse and repeat THREE TIMES, collect 1,400 dilithium.


I'm suggesting either increase the reward, or chop it up into pieces so you get a little bit after every match, not just groups of 3.
^^ This,
and more than 1 spawn point in Kerrat.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 13,663
# 9
11-27-2012, 07:41 AM
In re discussion of lower tier ships, etc, etc, etc...

Two things:

A) Much like the "discount" being offered on some of the new Fleet ships over on Tribble, they could have revamped the other ships to work in a similar fashion. As they introduce refits, retrofits, fleet variants, etc, etc, etc - the earlier tier version's price could be incorporated as a "discount/voucher" applied to the higher tier.

B) In a similar fashion to what you see with the Nebula or even say the Ody/Bort/etc/etc/etc - they could have worked toward a system of "ship sets" - where you buy the refit, retrofit, and fleet version - you have three items (whether it's wep/wep/console, con/con/wep, def/con/wep, whatever) - you can get a 2- 3- set bonus from buying the ships.

Those are just two things that they could have done, imo, that would have generated increased revenue... rather than driving players from the game.


"Wheeeee, this is kind of fun. Oopsie...my bad."
Fleet Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
Naked Sun, Apex-class Hirogen Heavy Battle Cruiser (T5U)
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 856
# 10
11-27-2012, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
What incentive would there have been to buy the lower-tier ships then? Business-wise, it was a good decision, and one they won't take back (just look at the lockbox consoles, which are the same thing, after all).

A certain re-vamp of some of the powers so that they are all equally valuable per their boff rank level would be nice indeed, but I don't need it to have fun with the game.
Then give each ship a "special" console slot. So you can still use your purchased free ability, but can't stack them.

edit: there are also fleet retrofit versions of a lot of those ships now. They should be able to use the consoles of their lower tier counterparts. That would also solve the problem and keep the c-store ships attractive.
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:10 PM.