Empire Veteran
# 181
11-27-2012, 07:14 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
That argument alone is not enough to oppose it.
Its not an arguement.
Its a done deal as part of the games backstory that directly addresses the issue. Its not a negotiable grey area as "ban" is a self explained definition.
The President of the UFP banned Research and development of Cloaking with the UFP.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Captain
# 182
11-27-2012, 07:18 AM
[quote=bitemepwe;6810401]
Quote:

Its not an arguement.
Its a done deal as part of the games backstory that directly addresses the issue. Its not a negotiable grey area as "ban" is a self explained definition.
The President of the UFP banned Research and development of Cloaking with the UFP.
Sorry, that's not the trump card you'd like to pretend it is. Politics change, treaties come and go, one official's absolute rulings can always be reversed.
Empire Veteran
# 183
11-27-2012, 07:26 AM
[quote=hanover2;6810451]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post

Sorry, that's not the trump card you'd like to pretend it is. Politics change, treaties come and go, one official's absolute rulings can always be reversed.
Until the Devs say a new UFP president takes office, its set in stone as its still 2409 and Aniek is still the CnC of teh Executive branch.

Also its not as easy to rescind an Executive order as you may think, especially in a governing system that covers 1000's of worlds.

So your vision of teh world while true in our real life with its much crooked and corruptive nature, is not the trump card you may think it is that the UFP can just suddenly start delving into claoking again.

Though your view does open an ugly door. Would you be willing to see the unique characteristics of the UFP suddenly become KDF common technology?

I would love an Ablative Armor console for my Br'el-Rbut realize such would be unbalanced.

Which is funny* becuase I guess I should hate feds more blindly and not care on game balance as you have stated you do not like klingons and your desires for a Defiant BC will ruin game balance.
Lt. Commander
# 184
11-27-2012, 07:27 AM
It does not leaves the issue on that of balance.
The CURRENT policies dictate that the Federation will NOT develop a cloaking device.
The canon again indicates that the Federation will respect the law. therefore it will NOT develop a cloaking device.
A cloaking device will not make things more balanced, that is a silly argument, and a lot of people have already posted very solid evidence on why not.
Sincerely, i have seen many Federation players in this thread that should better be Terran Empire players.
Yuxtapuestoelmono, not "Lmrt"
Commander
# 185
11-27-2012, 08:07 AM
No, no battle cloak for you Feddies, suck it up and deal with it.

It isn't the "OMG awesomesauce" button you think it is.

The BOP's sacrificed nearly everything to get it, turning them into tin cans (albeit graceful tin cans) with shields as weak as paper mache and a hull that is made of wet tissue paper. With stats like that, it NEEDS the Battle Cloak to even survive.

The Defiant does not need a Battle Cloak, the Cloak it has is good enough as is.

Last edited by cliftona91; 11-27-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Rihannsu
# 186
11-27-2012, 01:08 PM
do you ppl even know how the real feds acts think about if do yall really think the feds would act like this awww poor romulans they cant do crap to us now lets all use cloaks now do yall really think that ?
the age of launcher... is over...!! the time of the ARC has come!!!!!!!!!
One ARC to rule them all, One ARC to find them,
One ARC to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!
actual joining date = no one cares!!!!
Captain
# 187
11-27-2012, 05:42 PM
You are forgeting the Aleron treaty

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Organia

Under the Treaty of Algeron, the Federation was banned from using cloaking technology without the explicit permission of the Romulans. However, before and throughout the 24th century, the Federation was active in the development of cloaking technology but did not implement it in the fleet. (TNG novel: Resistance)

During the USS Enterprise's pursuit of Lieutenant Saavik while she was undergoing Pon faar, Admiral James T. Kirk orders Montgomery Scott to "...activate cloaking device..." and later, to "...disengage cloaking device..." Scott also warns, "We've not enough power t'use this cloakin' device much longer!" No other mention is made of the device, or its origin. (TOS comic: "Blood Fever")

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Cloaking_device

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Cloaking_device
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Lt. Commander
# 188
11-27-2012, 05:58 PM
1st sry for mi english

i cant see why this thread is still alive
but is alive so i say aq big NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO

the game it self is out of balance now and u ppl want the defiant with a battleColack

fed already have a scie ship what use DHC (what take his power form aux) a big mistake . Now more than ever this goint to be a race to DPS what will kill the fun in the game and the game it self.

and NO to fed BattleCloack.
Career Officer
# 189
11-28-2012, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehgato View Post
1st sry for mi english

i cant see why this thread is still alive
but is alive so i say aq big NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO and NO
[...]
and NO to fed BattleCloack.
I agree. It is just un-trek to give such a thing to the Feds. You want to cloak under fire? Use the photonic displacement console to escape until your red alert wears off, then cloak.
Empire Veteran
# 190
11-28-2012, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
do you ppl even know how the real feds acts think about if do yall really think the feds would act like this awww poor romulans they cant do crap to us now lets all use cloaks now do yall really think that ?
Greatly shows the social economic and idealistic differences between us RL people living in a time of self-concern and plenty versus the same peoples surviving a Third World War and rebuilding the world society without such self-concerned concerns on a noblier path, doesn't it?