Commander
I've read Dan's veiled accusation, that the new changes have come in because only a small amount of people tested season 7 on Tribble and they had to wait to get better metrics.

I think most people don't believe that anyway and it was an extremely poor excuse of getting caught and having to backtrack, however I digress.

So, why don't all you people who purport to love this game, not test it? Do you think you should be paid?

For me, I think you should be paid (yes paid) in Zen or Dil, by the hour to test their stuff. I don't believe it's the players job to do it, however if it's needed (which it looks like it is), then shouldn't you be paid (and I don't mean a meaningless pet).

What about a free ship?
From the man himself - "And as far as Season 7 being "grindy" - welcome to the MMORPG genre"

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under..."Grind is good".
Captain
# 2
11-27-2012, 07:56 AM
I would go on tribble and test IF I could avoid having to endure another COMPLETE download of the entire game.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Captain
# 3
11-27-2012, 08:01 AM
We are. Sort of. With the Tribble test rewards.

Granted, I agree they should be better, and come out sooner.

Speaking of which.... Where's my green Tribble?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivenneanthony View Post
Get your facts straight about Star Trek. It was not a money making scheme. It was one person vision / idea.

CBS turned it into a making making scheme during the original movies.
-vivenneanthony 2014
Commander
# 4
11-27-2012, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
I would go on tribble and test IF I could avoid having to endure another COMPLETE download of the entire game.
Yup, that's my problem, too. Test servers are too inconvenient.
Career Officer
# 5
11-27-2012, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Seriously.
Um , what ?
I never had to "RE"download anything except for the new patches as they are released.
And one decent sized , patch when first running tribble.
But I didn't have to download the whole game.
Far from it.
You are spreading untruths.
Check your facts.

To the OP's question.
Nah.
I don't need to get paid to test on Tribble.
I'm a crappy tester, as I am sure MOST of the people who go on tribble are.
They go just long enough to get their free OH MAH GERD ITS A NEW TRIBBLE ! Test reward and that's it.

What they need to do, is pick a dedicated group of people who have shown that they understand the game, and are willing to test systems and specifics for them on Tribble. (PvPers, STFers, Fleet Actioneers, and others) Those people , who are actually ya know , TESTING for them , pay them with Zen or a cool gimme beyond the HEY HERE'S A NEW TRIBBLE !
Career Officer
# 6
11-27-2012, 08:07 AM
I go on Tribble and test when there is new stuff that I enjoy playing. Unfortunately, the stuff in Season 7 that I enjoy (New Romulus and Tau Dewa) arrived on Tribble when I was out of town on vacation, so I didn't get to test it.

STFs or fleet actions... sorry, not interested. I'm also not in any fleets on Tribble, and I have no interest in testing fleet stuff there.

But I tested the Duty Officer system heavily when it first came out.
Career Officer
# 7
11-27-2012, 08:10 AM
all they need is a proper tribble test weekend, and announce the test rewards ahead of time

not like it is now, "oh there will be a reward, but we are not tellin what it is or when you will get it."

also they need more requirements than just "spend one hour"...

for F2P testing they wanted us to level up a character to lvl50 to test stuff, they had some nice rewards and people came out and played.

this time, it was all just too rushed, not enough incentive and by now everybody knows that Cryptic wont fix anything or delay the Holodeck build until it is working as intended anyway, so why should i go and test for them if they only start to listen when the crowd starts raging over the broken Holodeck stuff anyway?

you know it goes both ways, if people report the problems, stuff goes live anyway and only after the masses complain it gets fixed... then soon nobody will care to beta test stuff for you.

if all you want is data mining and metrics, then use the stuff you have already from the last 3 years of Holodeck!
if that is not enough to build something from scratch that fits the rest of the game...

*shrug* not my problem.
Lieutenant
# 8
11-27-2012, 08:11 AM
If there were an incentive to get on Tribble (Zen, Dilithium, cash, or other), would I test?

Maybe...

My chosen occupation isn't as a Game Tester or QA. I have Star Trek Online installed because I enjoy playing Star Trek Online. Being one of the hosts of a STO Podcast though, I find that it's beneficial to hop onto Tribble to take a look at what new encounters, toys, and plots are coming out to discuss them on the show.

As we were discussing on Podcast UGC this past episode on 11/20/2012, it is hard to get good numbers if you only have a, comparatively, very, very small number of players testing the changes with regards to the economy. Tribble I think works well to check out new mechanics such as ability changes, playing with ships, what's the highest potential phaser damage output of this fleet weapon, stuff like that. I think it's much harder to gauge what the economy is going to do based on what's happening on Tribble since players on Tribble more than likely aren't engaging in the economy there in the first place. They're testing more of the tactile stuff like running around New Romulus, or testing a ship they might buy.
Just can't let go of the Excelsior...
Career Officer
# 9
11-27-2012, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomace View Post
I've read Dan's veiled accusation, that the new changes have come in because only a small amount of people tested season 7 on Tribble and they had to wait to get better metrics.
Nonsense.

They had a ton of feedback and ignored a lot of it (as they usually do) because elements of the dev team seem to believe they are always right and we are always wrong.

I think they forget that we are basically play testing this game on a daily basis, while they are most likely not giving it the same level of play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomace View Post
So, why don't all you people who purport to love this game, not test it? Do you think you should be paid?
I don't want to test anymore because it's clear they believe more in metrics than actual player feedback.

It's clear they have disregarded valuable player feedback in the past until it hits a epic proportions in the main forums.

On top of this, you're going to have a massively difficult time convincing me that I should log onto the test server in my very limited free time to test your grind systems for you, for free, and then have to do it all over again when it goes live.

FWIW I did log onto to give a cursory glance at stuff on tribble, many of the issues being complained about now with S7 were previously complained while it was on tribble.

Do I think they need to pay at this point?

I'm not sure they need to pay us in zen, but some really valuable dilithium rewards would definitely go along way.

Because some doff and a tribble is really not going to encourage me to squander my valuable free time for their "metrics".
Career Officer
# 10
11-27-2012, 08:14 AM
What exactly was the point of us spending long periods of time on tribble to test changes? Everything was timegated to such an extent we'd have just been doing normal stuff like we'd be doing on holodeck anyway.

Far more efficient to spend downtime on Holodeck to get the rewards which were about to be seriously time/currency gated.