Commander
Im getting a new desktop soon and it my have windows 8...

Questions:

1. Does STO work "decent" on Windows 8?
2. If STO does not work well on Windows 8, can i change back to Windows 7
3. Is there any "bugs" in STO because of having Windows 8

Im kinda worried about this...STO is one of my favioret games, and i would hate for it to not work on Windows 8 "decently"
Captain
# 2
11-24-2012, 07:17 PM
^^Same question I'm asking, since I'm getting a computer with W8 for Christmas. I'm pretty sure it does because Commadore_Bob said in one of his videos that he is using it and he is still recording his STO videos. He also said W8 is basically a glorified start menu, and I can confirm this since my dad and I took it on a test run. An utterly confounding system, but from what I can see it will run STO decently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
We are the Borg. Irrelevancy is irrelevant. ~ Cry OP, and let slip the devs of nerf!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my mission! :-)
Lieutenant
# 3
11-27-2012, 08:55 AM
i have a couple of fleet mates who use w8 and they have no issue as of yet.i wont be upgrading myself until there is a "disable metro" option built into w8 myself.btw voporak i answered ur thread if u didnt see it yet.not gonna repost here.
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Thomas Jefferson