Lt. Commander
# 31
08-04-2009, 05:00 PM
I so wish that I was able to make it to the convention, but alas it is not to be. Still, I am hoping that a lot of great forum members are able to attend the meet and greet and share whatever details might come out of it; I don't know why, but I still have the feeling that the developers are going to reveal something important about the game at the convention, and this sort of gathering would be the perfect place to do it. Bonus points for anyone who takes pictures or a video, by the way!
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked_Warbird
The aviation authorities have a natural distrust of Star Trek. They believe it foretells of a prophesy that would see them out of work (for lack of planes and indeed air resistance you see). You should have told them you were using the impulse engines being developed by NASA instead of the ones in Star Trek. They would be more inclined to trust you then.

No one chooses to live in London. We are all trapped here as if we lived in an Orwellian nightmare, being hounded mercilessly by a zealous police force on one side and gangs of chavs who look like rejects from 'A Clockwork Orange' on the other. But alas, we must instead endure the wait and relate to the second hand information passed along to us by the greasy hands of a middle aged man dressed as a mugato.
Assimilation could help, let´s all be friends Borg style
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaPel
Assimilation could help, let´s all be friends Borg style
But then we might be forced to endure 'Borg Thong' like Locutus wore in TNG after he was captured by the Enterprise. Not to mention being able to hear the thoughts (or lack there of) of chavs has been known to turn the most manly of men in to gibbering wrecks. The void that would be left in the consciousness of the Borg hive mind would be Lovecraftian in scope.
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Quote:
But then we might be forced to endure 'Borg Thong' like Locutus wore in TNG after he was captured by the Enterprise. Not to mention being able to hear the thoughts (or lack there of) of chavs has been known to turn the most manly of men in to gibbering wrecks. The void that would be left in the consciousness of the Borg hive mind would be Lovecraftian in scope.
Defective drones are usually deactivated and then unassembled for spare parts so no prob.

Define meaning of "Borg thon" That one eludes me.

Anyway Picard seems to be still quite upset about his assimilation on the "First contact" Poor Brog.. We haven´t made first contact on that time if they werent there to prevent it in the first place
Lt. Commander
# 35
08-05-2009, 07:35 AM
Quote:
I visited the Job Centre today to wade through the chavs to get some Government Money I might as well soak up considering how all my working family members have paid tax to fun the chavs. I'm only reclaiming my "Trust Fund" from the government seen as everyone else gets a cut of my families tax money and not me. I won't claim any more when I get to University.

Point is, I had to wade through chavs, they grunt and grumble as a form of communication. One only knows what is going on in their head.
Lt. Commander
# 36
08-05-2009, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Just a quick heads up to those of you attending the Star Trek Convention in Las Vegas this coming weekend: We’ll be there, holding a meet and greet at the Hilton, on Saturday, August 8, between 4:30 and 6:30 p.m.

We’ll have more details shortly; be sure to stay tuned.

Link to the news article.
Oh sure...Now you tell us you'll be there after i switched from Vegas to a cruise for my vacation :p
Lt. Commander
# 37 Now thats giving notice....
08-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Cryptic why couldn't you have announced this a month ago? I could have been there then.
Lt. Commander
# 38
08-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Darn you signature.... darn you!
Lt. Commander
# 39
08-05-2009, 02:23 PM
I wonder ... is anyone from STO going to be at the Toronto Fan Expo at the end of August?
Lt. Commander
# 40
08-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebort5050 View Post
They never hold any decent Conventions in the United Kingdom
But, of course! They fear the Tea Cup!