Captain
# 21
11-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Crptic dev: "Maybe there are lots of players inside our game who don't understand what to do with the dil."

Cryptic dev 2: "I know! We'll put the info on a blog."
More like :

Crptic dev 1: "Ppl are not making as much Dilithium as we want them to ."

Crptic dev 2: "Could it be that they are not playing the game in the exact fashion we want them to in the exact hours we want them to ?"

Crptic dev 3: "Could this be free will , or just a big misunderstanding ?"

Crptic dev 4:"Nah , they are not making enough Dilithium because they don't understand what Dilithium is for . We'll need to Blog this S%^&t again ... "
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Empire Veteran
# 22
11-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Dilithium 102:

This is for devs... Start creating things that the KDF could spend their dilithium on.

This concludes Dilithium 102.
Rihannsu
# 23
11-27-2012, 04:04 PM
Dilithium 102

Reduce dilithium earned, increase dilithium needed, grind like hell.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samir Bennal, Captain of the Onyxhammer
Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
Commander
# 24
11-27-2012, 04:12 PM
I usually try to reserve judgment or opinion in many cases, but in this case I'd have to agree--this would be much better served in a guide for newbies rather than reposted month after month.

I mean, if those of us who've been here don't know how to use and refine dil at this point, we're hopeless.

It really does look like rubbing our noses in the Great Dil Nerf That's Being Marketed As A "Shift"....
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting
Republic Veteran
# 25
11-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Clearly we're not making enough money for them.

The grand plan of having people spend ZEN and convert it is NOT working.

Must be because we don't know HOW to operate the Zen exchange. LETS read it again one more time...

Yep, same as last time. Clearly they are expecting us to buy ZEN... and convert it.

I mean why else would they sharply reduce in-game rewards?
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
This monthly article features useful information about Dilithium, including what it is, how to earn it, and how to use it in-game.

Link to the article.
Im wondering could you guys launch the STF guide that was posted a long time ago that would be a really nice thing to post monthly. Just wondering because it would be nice for people to see that it will help PUGs out a lot.

Career Officer
# 27
11-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
This monthly article features useful information about Dilithium, including what it is, how to earn it, and how to use it in-game.

Link to the article.

When you say monthly it makes it sound like something changes from each time you publish it.

Trust me, if they haven't seen it by now they aren't going to see it. Also, as many devs have said only more "seasoned" players actually visit the website. The odds that they need this article at all are very slim.

Perhaps an article about how to gather each type of Mark or even one regarding EC would be a nice alternative.

Maybe change it up once in a while?
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Hostility...

Perhaps this should be TM'd by Cryptic also...

They seem to be quite good at bringing it upon themselves.

Last edited by herbie1966; 11-27-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-27-2012, 10:05 PM
Amusing.

I feel better in that I don't come to these forums hoping for answers or other useful information that might tell me something is being 'fixed' in an update, or there might be new interesting content to look forward to. Much less disappointed that way. I'm incredibly glad I had enough time when I decided to check this game out again a few weeks ago to grind the 'old' STF system and acquire the Borg/Omega/MACO stuff before this Craputation system was implemented. Looking at the requirements now is just LOL.
Career Officer
# 30
11-27-2012, 10:46 PM
I just played for 90 minutes! Yay! I'm contributing to the game environment! Yay! I played with other players! Yay! At peak West coast play times! Yay! Guess how much dilithium I earned?

Drum-roll please!!!

*25* big ones!

And those were from Doff missions!

Guess how much dilithium I need for a single new beam array?

*only 25,000*!!!!

Sweet glory, I only need to play for 417 more hours and that sweet, sweet tier XI beam array is mine!