Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Career Officer
# 1 Feedback: Fleet AC Stats
11-27-2012, 07:56 PM
I'm not going to rehash the entire Fed vs. KDF cruiser thread I did once, but I'll toss up a link for anyone interested in seeing it.

Fleet Cruiser Retrofit Comparison (KDF & Fed)

I'm sure that this thread will have zero impact of any kind, but I need to bring this up anyway as I'm a big fan of the Sovy and even with 15% bonus zen and a 20% discount I was unable to bring myself to buy the C-store AC-R and by extension the Fleet Version if I ever have the option presented to me.

I want to know what the design goal is with a Fed Cruiser like the Fleet AC-R is.

The Fleet Assault Cruiser has less hull than theFleet Negh'var - and yet the Fleet Negh'var has 2 more points of base turn rate.

The Fleet AC has the exact same shield modifier as the Fleet Negh'var and Fleet Vor'cha - and yet the Fleet Vor'cha and Negh'var both also get built in Cloaking Devices and can mount Dual (Heavy) Cannons.

Why is this ship basically a pale imitation of these two KDF Battle Cruisers?

Aside from a few extra Tactical Boff slots that you can use on your weak beam arrays with a base 7 turn rate, this ship is just a cruiser - there's no "assault" in there at all.

Nothing will change I'm sure, and this ship will go live as is.

I just needed to get this off my chest, since this is easily of my favorite Fed cannon ships.