Captain
# 11
11-27-2012, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
i think they still didn't solve the problem with the phaser lance, as it is build in. If you make a fleet version will it have a lance? and if it has, who will buy the one from the z-store?
You should know by now that's a false dilemma: The Fleet Excelsior costs 5 fleet modules, but can be reduced to one fleet module if you already purchased the T5 Excelsior. The same could be done for the Dreadnought. They could even make it require a T5 shipyard to keep the C-store Dreadnought sales from vanishing overnight, which still wouldn't happen in any case.
Captain
# 12
11-27-2012, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
Actually I would expect it to be at tier 2, because that's where the Fleet Star Cruiser is and they are sister ships.

If they're that worried about undercutting Regent sales, maybe the real lesson here is that the Regent is too expensive for what it provides.
If the Regent is performing that poorly, then I doubt the Fleet AC will do much better - if nothing more than for its general inaccessibility.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13 +1 for fleet dreadnought
11-27-2012, 06:08 AM
+1 gogolplex for the fleet dreadnought!!!
GIVE ME MY FLEET DREADNOUGHT!!
Geko! I known where you live!! If you dont give me my fleet dread i will take your grandma in hostage... I swear
Or i put a bomb on cryptic headquater signed: that for my fleet dreadnought!!!
I dont care about ANY other ship, that the ship i love, that the ship i want even if it is gimp, i stick with it.
So dont wider the gap between him and other news ship that come,by force us, few emerit dread user to stick with non fleet ship!!
I dont care how you do it, i dont known, desactivate the lance on fleet version, and make it activable by buying the cstore dread, same for the cloak, dont equiped it with one, but owner of cstore dread or defiant can transfert there cloack on i, whatever!!

on the other hand, if you ever do a fleet version, dont make it uber.
I hardly bielieve that you will since you seem to hate this ship but we never know...
Last things i want is to see everyone flying MY ship!!
Career Officer
# 14
11-27-2012, 05:07 PM
The only change I'd like to see in a Fleet Galaxy Class Dreadnought aside from 10% more hull & shields would be:

- 4th Tac console slot
- Lt. Cmd Tac BOFF seat (And swap out the Lt & Ens Tac BOFF seat for Engineering versions)

It won't turn like the Excelsior but it can carry DHC.

But I'd also want a revisit of the Fleet Galaxy Class exploration cruiser too... ugh! Can't we make them into the same vain as the Odyssey and Vesta Class (3 available via C-Store)?

Last edited by coffeemike; 11-27-2012 at 05:13 PM. Reason: I can't spell apparently...
Captain
# 15
11-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
That's a fatuous conclusion to draw. One of the C-store Odysseys are as cheap as a fleet ship in terms of Zen, and they have the added bonus of not requiring fleet grinding to obtain them.

And you should know by now that what Cryptic puts on tribble usually goes live on Holodeck afterwards; the good additions along with the bad.

Heretic I tend agree with a lot of your opinions (especially about cruisers), but these days you've lost the plot bigtime, man.
The only thing here is that I have seen a lot of posts and threads that sent my bull-****tometer through the roof, and I think that's starting to mess with my overall view on things...
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Career Officer
# 16
11-27-2012, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
And what did you expect ? that fleet assault will be tier 3 or what ?

Yeah, that would be totally ridiculous if it was T3.

Just like the Fleet Vor'cha is T2, and is the ship the Fleet AC wishes it could be.

Or just like the Fleet Excelsior will be T3, and will have basically everything the Fleet AC has except with a better turn rate while being a 200 year old wooden surfboard.

Republic Veteran
# 17
11-27-2012, 07:25 PM
If they are so worried about sales and everything, why not make these ships with a innate ability cost like 5 or 6 modules? That why it would be cheaper if they bought the c store version and then purchased the fleet version
Captain
# 18
11-27-2012, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
If they are so worried about sales and everything, why not make these ships with a innate ability cost like 5 or 6 modules? That why it would be cheaper if they bought the c store version and then purchased the fleet version
The new fleet ships with innate abilties the Fleet B'rel and Fleet Excelsior, do cost 5 modules unless you own the z-store version then its 1 module. So if a Fleet Dreadnought were to be made it would also cost 5 modules or possibly 6 since its a 2500 zen ship or 1 with the z-store version.
Republic Veteran
# 19
11-28-2012, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
The new fleet ships with innate abilties the Fleet B'rel and Fleet Excelsior, do cost 5 modules unless you own the z-store version then its 1 module. So if a Fleet Dreadnought were to be made it would also cost 5 modules or possibly 6 since its a 2500 zen ship or 1 with the z-store version.
It solves that problem rather well so why don't they just get to it already....
Career Officer
# 20
11-28-2012, 02:47 AM
i want one
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.