Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Captain
# 81
11-27-2012, 05:10 PM
Okay... call me weak or whatever but I gave in! I used the above work around and ran past the first group of Romulans until the "Subdue Tal Shiar Agents" thiny popped up on the side. I continued on killing... There was much bloodshed! I got the recording from the shuttle etc.

Then I back tracked and freed the 4 romulans, clicked consoles on my way back down toward Mountain Pass. And yea... It worked and I was able to complete the mission.

It may be just a simple case of having to run a few feet past the first group of Romulans in order for this mission to be successful but that aint the way it should be! Fix the mission please Cryptic before even more players get as frustrated as I did! Thanks!
Career Officer
# 82
11-27-2012, 08:30 PM
After being unable to complete the mission three times, I was finally able to finish it by using the workaround (run past the first group to enable the objectives first).

It's very frustrating to have to repeat missions like this because Cryptic can't be bothered to sufficiently test things before they go live.
Captain
# 83
11-27-2012, 10:00 PM
I too can confirm that running past the first mob to allow the "Subdue Tal Shiar Agents" objective to register first works.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Career Officer
# 84
11-28-2012, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
I too can confirm that running past the first mob to allow the "Subdue Tal Shiar Agents" objective to register first works.
OK good
...I shall try for a third time, this time running past mob to activate objective hopefully, to complete, as I'm also having same bug as opening post
Career Officer
# 85
11-28-2012, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenstarz View Post
OK good
...I shall try for a third time, this time running past mob to activate objective hopefully, to complete, as I'm also having same bug as opening post
YES! It worked
and I was so relieved to exit base...until I spawned on top of an adult anthropod LOL
Ensign
# 86
11-28-2012, 04:06 AM
It may be dumb question, but how do you replay "Secret shuttle codes" ?
Career Officer
# 87
11-28-2012, 09:26 AM
Please be gentle, I already feel like an idiot for asking this, but what is the secret to getting around the first mob and triggering the objective?

I attempted the workaround three times last night and was unable to get it to work. When I enter the Mountain Pass instance, the first mob comes down into the valley and then just stays there. They do not wander back up from where they came; instead they just do little figure eights right there at the end of their journey. There isn?t enough room on the sides to get by without triggering them to attack. I also parked my away team at the spawn point, went into stealth, snuck by them by myself, went to the middle of the first big area (where the second group, and first prisoner are) and dropped my stealth, but no mission objective was triggered.

Any tips would be helpful. Hopefully the devs fix this soon.

Thank you in advance,

Brian
Rihannsu
# 88
11-28-2012, 02:36 PM
THe trick, for me, is setting away team to passive.
As for the mission and the work around. The mission -can- be completed. Therefore Cryptic will not spend time on trying to fix the mission (which can be done, easily, by moving the trigger point for "Disrupt Tal Shiear Operations" to a point eariler in the mission, like say the point the room spreads out, rather than in the room itself.

Cryptic has shown little interest in actually fixing things that break. Such as the new romulus space missions which are all broken, or the still broken starbase project. I have been playing since closed Beta. If there was anything that even remotely resembled Star Trek I would be playing it instead because Cryptic doesn't devote more resources to actually improving the game, rarely ever listens to community feedback, and has no where near decent communication with the community
Career Officer
# 89
11-28-2012, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthulhufhtagn666 View Post
THe trick, for me, is setting away team to passive.
As for the mission and the work around. The mission -can- be completed. Therefore Cryptic will not spend time on trying to fix the mission (which can be done, easily, by moving the trigger point for "Disrupt Tal Shiear Operations" to a point eariler in the mission, like say the point the room spreads out, rather than in the room itself.

Cryptic has shown little interest in actually fixing things that break. Such as the new romulus space missions which are all broken, or the still broken starbase project. I have been playing since closed Beta. If there was anything that even remotely resembled Star Trek I would be playing it instead because Cryptic doesn't devote more resources to actually improving the game, rarely ever listens to community feedback, and has no where near decent communication with the community
If you bothered to look at the other comments in this thread you would have seen post #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We are working on a fix for this mission so that the "Subdue Tal Shiar Agents" objective completes more reliably. Personally, when I ran through it a second time, I was able to complete that objective, but others are having luck with it completing on the first run. The fix should clear things up as it should be completing on your first run once all agents have been killed

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Hail your new Overlord!
Career Officer
# 90
11-30-2012, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekeroftech View Post
Submitted this as ticket ID #1,430,658.

The Mission sub-objective "Subdue Tal Shiar Agents" cannot be completed if the first wave of Romulan agents are defeated in the canyon before the player has moved far enough forward to complete the objective "Investigate Mountain Pass", and trigger the parent objective "Disrupt Tal Shiar Operations".

Workaround: Don't kill any Tal Shiar agents until you move into the first area and get the objective "Disrupt Tal Shiar Operations" which has the sub-objective "Subdue Tal Shiar Agents."

Let me know if this works for anyone else, as it has worked for me 4 times now. It looks like the first wave doesn't get counted if you defeat them before the objective pops up.

After running forward to make the objective update it did indeed work, now Cryptic fix it so we dont have to do it!