Career Officer
# 1 AbramsTrek 2: Plot Revealed
11-27-2012, 11:04 PM
From Startrek.com

Quote:
In Summer 2013, pioneering director J.J. Abrams will deliver an explosive action thriller that takes Star Trek Into Darkness.

When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.

With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction.

As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.

Star Trek Into Darkness, starring Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, John Cho, Bruce Greenwood, Simon Pegg, Anton Yelchin, Benedict Cumberbatch, Alice Eve and Peter Weller, arrives on May 17th, 2013.?
Might the Earth of the alternate timeline be the next world to be blown up? Just my wild speculation.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Tier 2 Constitution for Fleet Refit!
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
11-27-2012, 11:08 PM
Definitely sounds like the Eugenics Wars. Guess we'll see.
Career Officer
# 3
11-27-2012, 11:11 PM
Uh...

This sounds like the only bigger waste of $20 than buying Z-points.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
11-27-2012, 11:33 PM
Oh man, I don't know whether to be cautiously optimistic or groan and despair that they're really going to repeat the mistakes of the previous film. There's nothing about this plot synopsis that sounds even remotely interesting but at the same time, there's no writer's strike to interfere with the film's development - so it should be good, right?

...Right???
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-27-2012, 11:50 PM
I'm looking forward to it, I'm not sure if what they meant in that description was that the whole Federation fleet exploded at the same time though
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
Captain
# 6
11-28-2012, 12:15 AM
At this rate, I wonder what will be left of the Abramsverse by the time the trilogy is over.

Cos I've written about a temporal captain who recounts events from the first movie as part of her past... now I'm starting to doubt she even existing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
11-28-2012, 01:36 AM
I don't know, I kind of like that there are real casualties and permanent changes to the universe. The villain they're describing sounds more like Gary Mitchell or Garth of Izar, rather than Khan.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Captain
# 8
11-28-2012, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
I don't know, I kind of like that there are real casualties and permanent changes to the universe. The villain they're describing sounds more like Gary Mitchell or Garth of Izar, rather than Khan.
Karl Urban let slip that Benedict Cumberbatch is playing Gary Mitchell in an interview.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
11-28-2012, 03:34 AM
Eventually someone will go back in time and delete Abrams thus saving a hundred trillion lives
Career Officer
# 10
11-28-2012, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas12255 View Post
I'm looking forward to it, I'm not sure if what they meant in that description was that the whole Federation fleet exploded at the same time though
Season 7 strikes again!!!!
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3