Rihannsu
# 11
11-28-2012, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obertheromulan View Post
So there is only 1 kit for each profession? That really sucks.
I was hoping for some more variaty.
The embassy is the first new holding they are adding but they said they want to do many more, so expect all the kits to get added eventually.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Rihannsu
# 12
11-28-2012, 03:09 AM
just delete sci and eng from the game already. It's clearly beyond the sytems team or QnA to come up with balanced solutions for all player classes.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
11-28-2012, 05:51 AM
Um,no Fab Kit for DPS out shines Enemy Neutralization,lets see 3 turrets,3 quantum mortars,and 3 support drones? really man really a Noob kit,no pros that know mechanics of the engineer run this kit,E.N. kit is decent for damage,but no where near the DPS of a Fab Kit,Oh and now the fab kits get flamethrowers on the Turrets.

Last edited by inputend21; 11-28-2012 at 05:57 AM.
Rihannsu
# 14
11-28-2012, 07:07 AM
Just FYI... my testing with Into the Hive and Mine Trap shows Fabrication to be probably the best option.

Hive has a lot less run to the next room than most STFs. Mine Trap has sector defense. So static emplacements are AWESOME!
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 15
11-28-2012, 07:17 AM
I'm just curious how long these kits are going to be meaningful if there's a kit revamp coming soon (most recently told Season 8 or shortly after) that will shake things up. Perhaps Al Rivera may decide to just make "kit skill points" to spend and the new kits will have more of them...
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18745 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Career Officer
# 16
11-28-2012, 08:49 AM
I use both the Fab and EN kits on my Engineers..

I've heard all the arguments as to why the EN Kit is "soooo much better"

It's all situational, lets face it, when you need to stay ranged the EN kit falls short of the Fab. The EN kit is great for aggressive gameplay, but, you're pretty much useless throughout most of IGE. It's great in CGE... both the Fab and EN kits do fine in KAGE, EN being better on the nodes and Fab being better in the room.

Just to add the EN kit is almost useless on Rebecca, whereas the Equipment Technician really shines in this room.

Again all just opinion.....

DPS this, DPS that.... argument is invalid when you think utility and what's the most useful at the given point of the mission.
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Career Officer
# 17
11-28-2012, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottsey5g View Post
What if you use x3 mortars and x3 turrets? Is the Enemy Neutralization still really higher? I never looked into it so was wondering if you compared basic kits or used doffs, I am not even sure what doffs work with Neutralization but I seem to recall there are some.

Not sure where you get 40dps from. In 20 seconds that?s 24 shots from 3 morters at 622.5 damage per shot. So that?s 14,940 damage in 20 seconds or 747dps without crits. Are you playing Elite as I rarely have morter miss's on Elite.

Morters have such long range they will hit far more then 1 volly and 1 group. Turrets I agree are hard to use with fast teams but morters you just dump on ground and use them for the next 3+ rooms.
I find that the Mortar/Turret kit is a smidge sloppy for lack of a better term. It's range can draw aggro from mobs that a group isn't ready to handle yet (see: Colony Invasion).

Yes they can crank out DPs, thats for certain, but Enemy Neut kit is more directed, and has quicker results. It also gives 2 very valuable debuffs.

On a semi-related note, a larger concern for me lies in the fact that something obvious, like an explosives expert doff - doesn't have ANY effect on the transphasic bomb or chrono mine skill. I am baffled as to why there is no buff for these...
Career Officer
# 18
11-28-2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyblade View Post
I use both the Fab and EN kits on my Engineers..

I've heard all the arguments as to why the EN Kit is "soooo much better"

It's all situational, lets face it, when you need to stay ranged the EN kit falls short of the Fab. The EN kit is great for aggressive gameplay, but, you're pretty much useless throughout most of IGE. It's great in CGE... both the Fab and EN kits do fine in KAGE, EN being better on the nodes and Fab being better in the room.

Just to add the EN kit is almost useless on Rebecca, whereas the Equipment Technician really shines in this room.

Again all just opinion.....

DPS this, DPS that.... argument is invalid when you think utility and what's the most useful at the given point of the mission.
Good points, but Fuse Armor and Weapons Malfunctions does work on her. She however, has 2 attacks, so it only shuts down one of them....

Also, you can get some use from a transphasic if you just run close to her and plant it, lol
Career Officer
# 19
11-28-2012, 09:54 AM
Are these kits simply getting 1 extra power beyond what is normally available to a kit, or are these new kits replacing one previous power with a different one?

Career Officer
# 20
11-28-2012, 01:14 PM
It kinda seems fair in a way...
Tactical is the most gimped on the ground and gets the largest buff

Sci gets crap as they already insane on the ground (broken abilities aside)

Eng gets a moderate boost to a moderately useful kit. They are still insanely over powered with enemy neutralization.